Plan on stocking my liquor cabinet Friday, what to cop?

Originally Posted by HeyJoe

Bacardi 151 for your guests, the good stuff for yourself.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tryna kill the guest lol

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by ImmenseD

some decent whiskeys (Jack, and Crown). some rum (appletons, captain morgan). ciroc isnt really a vodka, so you may wanna invest in some decent vodkas (Kettle One, Belverdere)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Try Jameson, Johnnie Walker (any color but Red). Glenmorangie. <---Those are Whiskey's. 
how you gonna clown and say Jack is not a decent whiskey?  If you're not a fan of sour mash whiskey then I understand, but its not like Jack is on some low level bootleg budget booze.

some decent whiskeys (Jack, and Crown). some rum (appletons, captain morgan). ciroc isnt really a vodka, so you may wanna invest in some decent vodkas (Kettle One, Belverdere)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Try Jameson, Johnnie Walker (any color but Red). Glenmorangie. <---Those are Whiskey's. 
how you gonna clown and say Jack is not a decent whiskey?  If you're not a fan of sour mash whiskey then I understand, but its not like Jack is on some low level bootleg budget booze.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Good liquor cabinet= no Goose, no Patron, no Jose.

Goose is too expensive for what you pay for. Same with Patron and Patron is 75% owned by Paul Mitchell. And Jose is the WORST liquor ever. It's not regulated and the brown color comes from food coloring. Absolute crap in a bottle. Patron and Goose isn't bad liquor by any means, but it's a shame to put in that much money for the quality you're getting.

Vodka: Chopin (Potato Vodka, pretty good for you, and the taste is real smooth), Effen Black Cherry, Hanger 1 if you're in the Bay Area, Ciroc (one my favorites), and always keep a bottle of Smirnoff around. It's easily the best bang for your buck in the Vodka world. From what I remember it is Triple Distilled.

Gin- Bombay, Tanqueray, Hendricks. Not much of a gin fan, but nice to have some around for a Martini.

Tequila- Herradura, 7 Leguas, Cabo Wabo, Don Julio. I love Herradura, very quality tequila for the price.

Whiskey- Jameson, Jameson, Jameson. Did I say Jameson? My favorite liquor of choice. Add a quality scotch in there for special occasions. Johnnie Walker Green Label is my favorite. It's supposed to be the best scotch Johnnie Walker is supposed to have. There's the Blue Label but that's $200 a bottle and the only reason it's that price isn't because of the taste, it's the amount of time it's aged.

I don't really +%$* with rum, but some Captain and Sailor Jerry is always nice to have for having company. I don't even touch brandy so I know nothing about it.

Mixers/Other- Triple Sec, Sweet/Dry Vermouth for a Martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, etc., Grenadine, Lime Juice, Sweet and Sour, Kaluha, Bailey's. Just some suggestions.

BUT like someone said. Try to put a good amount of stuff your company likes. Most of the time I just stick to one brand for each category. I always have Chopin, Effen Black Cherry, Herradura Anejo, and Jameson in my cabinet for me. I don't even stray from those too much. What I put is just suggestions to expand your pallet if you're really into liquor.

^^ very good starting point (IMO) for a liquor cabinet.

I'm kinda on the same vein as you but I disagree with your assessment of the Goose.  I typically have a bottle of Goose and/or Kirkland (Costco) Vodka.  Goose is not that much more than other higher end vodkas.  I typically stock up when its on sale at the local market for $27.99 for a 750ML which is comprable to any of the other top shelf brands you named.  My boys all drink Ketel but I just cant get down with the taste of it.  No Ketel in my house.

For Tequila I agree that Herradurra is a good sweet spot in terms of price/flavor.  I also enjoy me some Cazadores, but for the most part I'm not a big tequila guy.

I've recently added Hendricks as a regular into my lineup thanks to a tip from an NTer.  Never was really a Gin guy until I came across the Hendricks.

The bulk of my liquor cabinet is dedicated to Whiskies.  I always keep a surplus of bottles of Jameson.  When it goes on sale for $17.99 a bottle I'll buy 6+ bottles at a time just in case (I probably go through 1 Liter of Jameson during the work week).  In addition to the Jameson, I will always have Jack ready to go.  I don't drink a ton of scotch, but every once in awhile I will switch it up and go there.  I have my Johnny collection that hardly gets used (Blue, Green, Black, need a Gold, no Red).  I also on occassion enjoy going to BevMo and playing Single Malt Russian Roulette of sorts (blindly pick a single malt bottle I never tried before to see if I like it).

In addition to the staples I also like to stock some local or more regional liquors that I tried while traveling.  I got a some Agavero that I picked up when I was in Mexico, some local Belizian Rum that a buddy brought back from a trip, some Torres Brandy that I tried while in Barcelona, and some down and dirty Soju just cause I'm Korean.

The only mixer I really stock is Vermouth cause the wife likes her martinis, and some club soda for gin/vodka sodas.   I dont really like to mess with mixers or mixed drinks that much cause it makes me feel terribly hungover in the morning.  Its usually some form of whiskey and rocks, and nothing less than a 5 finger pour for a guest in my house.  Anything else would be insulting.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Good liquor cabinet= no Goose, no Patron, no Jose.

Goose is too expensive for what you pay for. Same with Patron and Patron is 75% owned by Paul Mitchell. And Jose is the WORST liquor ever. It's not regulated and the brown color comes from food coloring. Absolute crap in a bottle. Patron and Goose isn't bad liquor by any means, but it's a shame to put in that much money for the quality you're getting.

Vodka: Chopin (Potato Vodka, pretty good for you, and the taste is real smooth), Effen Black Cherry, Hanger 1 if you're in the Bay Area, Ciroc (one my favorites), and always keep a bottle of Smirnoff around. It's easily the best bang for your buck in the Vodka world. From what I remember it is Triple Distilled.

Gin- Bombay, Tanqueray, Hendricks. Not much of a gin fan, but nice to have some around for a Martini.

Tequila- Herradura, 7 Leguas, Cabo Wabo, Don Julio. I love Herradura, very quality tequila for the price.

Whiskey- Jameson, Jameson, Jameson. Did I say Jameson? My favorite liquor of choice. Add a quality scotch in there for special occasions. Johnnie Walker Green Label is my favorite. It's supposed to be the best scotch Johnnie Walker is supposed to have. There's the Blue Label but that's $200 a bottle and the only reason it's that price isn't because of the taste, it's the amount of time it's aged.

I don't really +%$* with rum, but some Captain and Sailor Jerry is always nice to have for having company. I don't even touch brandy so I know nothing about it.

Mixers/Other- Triple Sec, Sweet/Dry Vermouth for a Martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, etc., Grenadine, Lime Juice, Sweet and Sour, Kaluha, Bailey's. Just some suggestions.

BUT like someone said. Try to put a good amount of stuff your company likes. Most of the time I just stick to one brand for each category. I always have Chopin, Effen Black Cherry, Herradura Anejo, and Jameson in my cabinet for me. I don't even stray from those too much. What I put is just suggestions to expand your pallet if you're really into liquor.

^^ very good starting point (IMO) for a liquor cabinet.

I'm kinda on the same vein as you but I disagree with your assessment of the Goose.  I typically have a bottle of Goose and/or Kirkland (Costco) Vodka.  Goose is not that much more than other higher end vodkas.  I typically stock up when its on sale at the local market for $27.99 for a 750ML which is comprable to any of the other top shelf brands you named.  My boys all drink Ketel but I just cant get down with the taste of it.  No Ketel in my house.

For Tequila I agree that Herradurra is a good sweet spot in terms of price/flavor.  I also enjoy me some Cazadores, but for the most part I'm not a big tequila guy.

I've recently added Hendricks as a regular into my lineup thanks to a tip from an NTer.  Never was really a Gin guy until I came across the Hendricks.

The bulk of my liquor cabinet is dedicated to Whiskies.  I always keep a surplus of bottles of Jameson.  When it goes on sale for $17.99 a bottle I'll buy 6+ bottles at a time just in case (I probably go through 1 Liter of Jameson during the work week).  In addition to the Jameson, I will always have Jack ready to go.  I don't drink a ton of scotch, but every once in awhile I will switch it up and go there.  I have my Johnny collection that hardly gets used (Blue, Green, Black, need a Gold, no Red).  I also on occassion enjoy going to BevMo and playing Single Malt Russian Roulette of sorts (blindly pick a single malt bottle I never tried before to see if I like it).

In addition to the staples I also like to stock some local or more regional liquors that I tried while traveling.  I got a some Agavero that I picked up when I was in Mexico, some local Belizian Rum that a buddy brought back from a trip, some Torres Brandy that I tried while in Barcelona, and some down and dirty Soju just cause I'm Korean.

The only mixer I really stock is Vermouth cause the wife likes her martinis, and some club soda for gin/vodka sodas.   I dont really like to mess with mixers or mixed drinks that much cause it makes me feel terribly hungover in the morning.  Its usually some form of whiskey and rocks, and nothing less than a 5 finger pour for a guest in my house.  Anything else would be insulting.

Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea
Cafe Patron
Sobieski (Best cheap vodka available IMO, $10 for a 750 in a glass bottle and doesnt taste like rubbing alcohol)
Jack Daniels
Jose Quervo
Hypnotic
Jim Beam Black Cherry (Mix this with coke and you are drinking cherry coke, very dangerous)

Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea
Cafe Patron
Sobieski (Best cheap vodka available IMO, $10 for a 750 in a glass bottle and doesnt taste like rubbing alcohol)
Jack Daniels
Jose Quervo
Hypnotic
Jim Beam Black Cherry (Mix this with coke and you are drinking cherry coke, very dangerous)

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

thats what im saying. talk trash about jack but then post up Jameson like its some high class booze.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

thats what im saying. talk trash about jack but then post up Jameson like its some high class booze.

Back
Top Bottom