Plan on stocking my liquor cabinet Friday, what to cop?

Find out what your friends like to drink. If you're going to stock a liquor cabinet there's no need to fill it up with only stuff you like (unless you're an alcoholic).

Find out what your friends like to drink. If you're going to stock a liquor cabinet there's no need to fill it up with only stuff you like (unless you're an alcoholic).

Originally Posted by NooEra

Captain Morgans, or Sailor Jerrys. Just no Admiral Nelson
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 Did you have a bad experience with the admiral? It's literally the worst thing I've ever tasted in my life. My friend was vomiting bile by the end of the night. Admiral Nelson is concentrated evil.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Captain Morgans, or Sailor Jerrys. Just no Admiral Nelson
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 Did you have a bad experience with the admiral? It's literally the worst thing I've ever tasted in my life. My friend was vomiting bile by the end of the night. Admiral Nelson is concentrated evil.

lmaooo lucky stay with the advice threads , but to answer your questions
chicks love X rated

lmaooo lucky stay with the advice threads , but to answer your questions
chicks love X rated

I feel like being nice so I'll give a detailed rundown. I used to keep my liquor cabinet stocked on a reg basis.
You wanna get ur basics covered 1st

Rum-Bacardi both white and dark
Vodka-Svedka/Sobieski feel free to get diff flavors
Gin-Seagrams
Tequilla-Jose
For all of these you dont wanna get anything too expensive since ur gonna be using it to mix drinks(unless u don't care abt the $)
Theres a big difference between Jose and Patron, u should get Jose if u plan on mixing margaritas or somethin that'll cover the horrible taste lol. Patron tastes a lot better and goes down very smooth

A very essential part to keep a good bar is the mixers
Peach schnapps
Blue Curacao
Triple Sec
Butterscotch schnapps
Creme de Menthe
Creme de Cacao
Apple Puckers

Next you'll want to get more specialized alcohols.
Brandy/Cognac
Baileys
Navan
Grand Mariner
Frangelico

Start looking up drink recipes online drinksmixer.com is a great site. Whenever u see something that looks interesting feel free to try it and buy the liquors u dont have to help build ur bar. Enjoy
smile.gif

I feel like being nice so I'll give a detailed rundown. I used to keep my liquor cabinet stocked on a reg basis.
You wanna get ur basics covered 1st

Rum-Bacardi both white and dark
Vodka-Svedka/Sobieski feel free to get diff flavors
Gin-Seagrams
Tequilla-Jose
For all of these you dont wanna get anything too expensive since ur gonna be using it to mix drinks(unless u don't care abt the $)
Theres a big difference between Jose and Patron, u should get Jose if u plan on mixing margaritas or somethin that'll cover the horrible taste lol. Patron tastes a lot better and goes down very smooth

A very essential part to keep a good bar is the mixers
Peach schnapps
Blue Curacao
Triple Sec
Butterscotch schnapps
Creme de Menthe
Creme de Cacao
Apple Puckers

Next you'll want to get more specialized alcohols.
Brandy/Cognac
Baileys
Navan
Grand Mariner
Frangelico

Start looking up drink recipes online drinksmixer.com is a great site. Whenever u see something that looks interesting feel free to try it and buy the liquors u dont have to help build ur bar. Enjoy
smile.gif

Henny
Goose
Hypnotiq (for the females or to make some incredible hulks)
Jack Daniels
Patron
Nuvo (for the females)
Crown
Svedka( If u wanna be cheap and have some good vodka)
Barcadi 151
Everclear (bewarenot to be taken likely)

Henny
Goose
Hypnotiq (for the females or to make some incredible hulks)
Jack Daniels
Patron
Nuvo (for the females)
Crown
Svedka( If u wanna be cheap and have some good vodka)
Barcadi 151
Everclear (bewarenot to be taken likely)

appleton
malibu

and because its winter comin up in a bit...
baileys (this with hot coco and fluff is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

appleton
malibu

and because its winter comin up in a bit...
baileys (this with hot coco and fluff is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

Good liquor cabinet= no Goose, no Patron, no Jose.

Goose is too expensive for what you pay for. Same with Patron and Patron is 75% owned by Paul Mitchell. And Jose is the WORST liquor ever. It's not regulated and the brown color comes from food coloring. Absolute crap in a bottle. Patron and Goose isn't bad liquor by any means, but it's a shame to put in that much money for the quality you're getting.

Vodka: Chopin (Potato Vodka, pretty good for you, and the taste is real smooth), Effen Black Cherry, Hanger 1 if you're in the Bay Area, Ciroc (one my favorites), and always keep a bottle of Smirnoff around. It's easily the best bang for your buck in the Vodka world. From what I remember it is Triple Distilled.

Gin- Bombay, Tanqueray, Hendricks. Not much of a gin fan, but nice to have some around for a Martini.

Tequila- Herradura, 7 Leguas, Cabo Wabo, Don Julio. I love Herradura, very quality tequila for the price.

Whiskey- Jameson, Jameson, Jameson. Did I say Jameson? My favorite liquor of choice. Add a quality scotch in there for special occasions. Johnnie Walker Green Label is my favorite. It's supposed to be the best scotch Johnnie Walker is supposed to have. There's the Blue Label but that's $200 a bottle and the only reason it's that price isn't because of the taste, it's the amount of time it's aged.

I don't really +%$* with rum, but some Captain and Sailor Jerry is always nice to have for having company. I don't even touch brandy so I know nothing about it.

Mixers/Other- Triple Sec, Sweet/Dry Vermouth for a Martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, etc., Grenadine, Lime Juice, Sweet and Sour, Kaluha, Bailey's. Just some suggestions.

BUT like someone said. Try to put a good amount of stuff your company likes. Most of the time I just stick to one brand for each category. I always have Chopin, Effen Black Cherry, Herradura Anejo, and Jameson in my cabinet for me. I don't even stray from those too much. What I put is just suggestions to expand your pallet if you're really into liquor.

Good liquor cabinet= no Goose, no Patron, no Jose.

Goose is too expensive for what you pay for. Same with Patron and Patron is 75% owned by Paul Mitchell. And Jose is the WORST liquor ever. It's not regulated and the brown color comes from food coloring. Absolute crap in a bottle. Patron and Goose isn't bad liquor by any means, but it's a shame to put in that much money for the quality you're getting.

Vodka: Chopin (Potato Vodka, pretty good for you, and the taste is real smooth), Effen Black Cherry, Hanger 1 if you're in the Bay Area, Ciroc (one my favorites), and always keep a bottle of Smirnoff around. It's easily the best bang for your buck in the Vodka world. From what I remember it is Triple Distilled.

Gin- Bombay, Tanqueray, Hendricks. Not much of a gin fan, but nice to have some around for a Martini.

Tequila- Herradura, 7 Leguas, Cabo Wabo, Don Julio. I love Herradura, very quality tequila for the price.

Whiskey- Jameson, Jameson, Jameson. Did I say Jameson? My favorite liquor of choice. Add a quality scotch in there for special occasions. Johnnie Walker Green Label is my favorite. It's supposed to be the best scotch Johnnie Walker is supposed to have. There's the Blue Label but that's $200 a bottle and the only reason it's that price isn't because of the taste, it's the amount of time it's aged.

I don't really +%$* with rum, but some Captain and Sailor Jerry is always nice to have for having company. I don't even touch brandy so I know nothing about it.

Mixers/Other- Triple Sec, Sweet/Dry Vermouth for a Martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, etc., Grenadine, Lime Juice, Sweet and Sour, Kaluha, Bailey's. Just some suggestions.

BUT like someone said. Try to put a good amount of stuff your company likes. Most of the time I just stick to one brand for each category. I always have Chopin, Effen Black Cherry, Herradura Anejo, and Jameson in my cabinet for me. I don't even stray from those too much. What I put is just suggestions to expand your pallet if you're really into liquor.

Back
Top Bottom