Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread: Sixers visit Iverson and The Pistons

iggy
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sixers should take care of business tonight. Hopefully Iguodala can get more involved tonight. He's been very disappointing so far this season after signing the big deal.
i think iggys playin really well as his jumpshot has improved alot from last yr but its just that with brand in the picture and thad steppin up his statline isnt as big as last yr..at least not yet

anyway im lookin forward to iggy shuttin down wade and brand tutoring beasley, word to sylvan learning center
pimp.gif
I don't know what you've been watching
grin.gif

I am so disgusted with this team right now.

Brand is not playing up to his potential. Get down in the damn post and get those hard points and boards.

Iguodala is a joke. He is definitely showing he is the player we saw in the playoffs last season and not the player from the regular season. Start earningthat f'n paycheck.

Lou Williams cannot run the point. You are not Allen Iverson. Start running the point and stop trying to isolate every time.

As a team, we need to stop being so damn careless with the ball.

There are two positives on this team right now. Thad is a beast, and I have really liked what I've seen out of Speights.

Let's get our act together or this could be ugly tonight.

Now I might be doubting Mo too early but I just don't like him as our coach

We need a style of play, I just feel like they play different every night.

Let's hope its not as ugly as last night,.

Wade basically made us his *#!%#

There is absolutely no effort or energy being shown.

I'm so happy I am going to the game Tuesday. I am going to boo for 2 and a half hours straight.

Thad is the only player who gives a damn.

And Sammy is actually playing decent defense.

it's so tough to get into the Flyers and Sixers b/c of the Phillies win and the NFL so wide open which actually makes the Eagles borderline contenders

Sixers are trying to give the wrong people too many minutes and I still highly disagree with giving AI that huge contract

Something has to change. We can't be competing with the elite teams in the East if we can't even beat teams that aren't.

Not dissing the Magics, I'm talking about Hawks etc

I'll be heading to the game tonight, and I have my lungs ready to let out some loud boos, specifically for Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller, Lou Williams, andMo Cheeks. Oh, and don't forget that scrub Kyle Korver.

I'd like each of you to guess who is averaging the most FG attempts for the Sixers. Answer at the bottom of the post.

Anyway, Iguodala better find his game and fast. It is becoming painfully clear that he was not worth the 80 million dollars we paid him.

The offense MUST move through Elton Brand. When he gets the ball and is double and triple teamed, other players need to be able to knock down open shots.

Thad Young is a phenom.

Sammy... get tough inside.

Mo, show us that you know how to prepare a team.

Miller, stop shooting so much.

Lou, you're not Iverson. Stop trying to be.

Ugh.

Even without Deron Williams, I don't see us getting past the Jazz tonight. I just hope we can make it competitive and show some signs of improvement afterthe four off days.

%7B5bc7c4a4-a8f8-434e-99db-67e0bbcd553b%7D_six_0809_gameday_728.gif

[h3]Utah Jazz vs Philadelphia 76ers[/h3]
Arena: Wachovia Center
Tip off: November 11, 7:00 PM
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Radio: WIP 610 AM
[h4]YOUR PHILADELPHIA 76ERS[/h4]
Record: 2-4
At Home: 2-1
Against the West: 1-0

six_081110_jazz_300.jpg

The Sixers enter this game atop the NBA in rebounding, with 49.7 boards a game. Leading the charge underneath are Elton Brand and Samuel Dalembert.Brand's 11.8 rebounds per game rank third in the NBA, while Dalembert's 10.8 are good for ninth. Brand's average of 14.7 points an outing havecomplimented his cleaning of the glass, leading to four double-doubles (fourth in the NBA). Scoring-wise, it's been Thaddeus Young who has buoyed theSixers hopes when they've struggled this season. At 16.5 points per game, Young leads the Sixers. He's actually led the Sixers in scoring in over thelast four games and Young only accomplished that feat once all of last season. Coming off of two disappointing losses in Florida against the Heat and Magic,the Sixers couldn't have asked for a better time to re-group, which they received with four days between their loss at Orlando Thursday and this tiltagainst the Jazz.

Strength: The Sixers are 2-1 at home, with convincing wins against New York and Sacramento at the Wachovia Center. They defeated the Knicks116-87 and the Kings 125-91. That's a combined total of 241-178.
[h4]UTAH JAZZ[/h4]
Record: 5-1
On the Road: 1-1
Against the East: 1-1

The Jazz arrive in Philadelphia arguably one of the hottest teams in the NBA at 5-1. Utah boasts a bevy of weapons, even with standout guard Deron Williamson the shelf nursing an ankle injury. Inside, the Jazz are anchored by Carlos Boozer (20.5 ppg and 11.0 rpg). Both Boozer's solid play has taken thepressure off of the Utah backcourt, making it easier for the team's guards to adjust to life without Williams. In the same respect, the Jazz are benefitingfrom what has proven to be the shrewd offseason acquisition of wily veteran point guard Brevin Knight. Knight's leadership and know-how have been thebackcourt's band aid over the wound left by Williams' injury. Knight's 5.7 assists per game rank 13th in the NBA. Andrei Kirilenko's hot handis another big reason the Jazz has started 5-1. Flourishing in his new role coming off the bench, Kirilenko's averaging 15.2 points per game on aneye-opening 52.5% shooting from the floor. Not to be forgotten in this one is the return of former Sixer Kyle Korver to the Wachovia Center. Korver comes backto Philly averaging 7.5 points per game in 20.3 minutes.

*Note: Utah center Mehmet Okur is not with the team, as he headed home to Turkey to attend to a personal matter on Monday.

Strength: Two words: Jerry Sloan. When the Jazz beat Oklahoma City to go 5-0, Sloan became the only coach in the history of the NBA to win1,000 games with the same team. Most recently, his coaching prowess has guided the Jazz to the league's best record without what many feel is theteam's best player, Deron Williams.
[h4]Key Matchup[/h4]
THE SIXTH MEN - Lou Williams vs. Andrei Kirilenko: Sure sometimes you'll see another Sixer check into the game before Williams, but forall intents and purposes he's the guy Maurice Cheeks counts on to provide a spark off the bench. Williams is asked to do everything from score, play thepoint, change the tempo of the game and the list goes on. Thus far he's averaging 12.3 points per game in 21.0 minutes. When it comes time to go to thereserves and Williams checks in, he'll surly see Kirilenko. Utah's "go-to guy" off the bench, AK-47 is a proven scorer that was a member ofthe Jazz starting lineup over the last five years, before Jerry Sloan changed his role, in an effort to provide his team with a spark off the bench. Williamsand Kirilenko play a major role for their teams in the area of scoring and their production will surly impact the outcome.

BOO this bum......WILLIE f'n GREEN
mad.gif
i'm still waiting for iggyto wake the F up...but he's prolly still bathing in all the dough he got this offseason...smh

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I say Andre Miller?
Haha yeah, you're right (unfortunately). Why the hell is Miller shooting his ugly*** jumper so much? ARG!

I forgot to add it to the post!

Back
Top Bottom