Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread: Sixers visit Iverson and The Pistons

i can't believe this team is 2-5
tired.gif

Speights has a lot of energy, but he needs to learn how to play defense in the NBA. Just running and jumping at guys doesn't work in the pros.

The Sixers finally look to be on track this season. They have had three straight nice wins.

@ Toronto grinded out a big win against a playoff team.
@ Indiana came back for a 2 point win after being down 25 pts.
Vs Oklahoma City took care of business easily against an inferior team

So after a nice break, hopefully the Sixers can continue the roll @ the T-Wolves, a team that isn't in the Sixers league.

Miller has been shooting less, Iguodala has been playing better, Willie had a great game, Brand is starting to mesh with the team, Thad is a BEAST.

Now we just need to get Lou going. He's been a major disappointment so far this season.

Prediction:
Sixers: 107
T-Wolves: 98

kobebryantmugshotandwarpz0.jpg

[h3]Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers[/h3]
Arena: Wachovia Center
Date: Wednesday, December 3
Tip off: 7PM
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Radio: WIP 610 AM
[h4]YOUR PHILADELPHIA 76ERS[/h4]
Overall Record: 8-10
Home Record: 5-4
Against the West: 4-2

The 76ers roll into tonight's game fresh off a resilient 103-95 overtime road win at Chicago. The win featured season-highs in scoring from Andre Miller(28) and Andre Iguodala (25), along with 24 points and 14 rebounds from Elton Brand, his ninth double-double of the season. On the season, Miller leads theteam with 5.9 assists per game, good for 14th in the league. With Miller leading the way, it's important the Sixers take care of the basketball. When theSixers turn the ball over, they put too much pressure on their defense and take away the aggressive nature it takes to get out in passing lanes and forceturnovers themselves. Running the fastbreak off of turnovers and missed shots is the team's strength and when they're playing defense on their heelsthat's eliminated.

Strength: The Sixers have an overall record of 4-2 versus Western Conference teams this season.
[h4]Los Angeles Lakers[/h4]
Overall Record: 14-2
Road Record: 5-1
Against the East: 3-2

Coming off a last second loss Tuesday night at Indiana, the Lakers suffered just their second defeat of the season. Philadelphia native Kobe Bryant, who hasaveraged 26.0 points in his last five trips to the Wachovia Center, again leads the Lakers into battle. After last night's lost, the Lakers are 5-1 on theroad. The Lakers success this season has been thanks in part to their strong defense and high-powered offense, as they're yielding just 95.6 points pergame and boast a league best 108.4 points a game. On the season, Bryant leads the Lakers with 24.6 points per game (fifth best in NBA) while Pau Gasol andcenter Andrew Bynum both average over 9.0 rebounds per game. The Lakers lead the NBA in rebounds per game (47.0) and steals per game (10.2). This will be LosAngeles' second game of a three game eastern conference road trip.

Strength: The Lakers lead the NBA in points per game (108.4).

I will be at the game tonight. I was ready to boo the hell out of the Sixers, but after last night's OT win against the Bulls, I'll hold back. 100% of my energy will be going towards booing the predator. Last year the Sixers held him to a pathetic 19 points on 6-20 shooting. I expect no lesstonight. Between Officer Iguodala (who showed up for the first time all season last night) and Thad, predator doesn't have a chance of breaking 20 pointstonight.

Mo needs to keep the same rotation going that he got started last night. Less and less of Dalembert and Reggie and more of Speights. And until LouWilliams gets it together, he can ride the bench as well.

Yes, we're going to need big games from Iggy, Brand, and Thad tonight if we're going to get this win, but they have it in them.

And Andre Miller, try to stay upright tonight. Focus on passing the ball instead of taking 20 shots a game. Thank you.

Prediction:
Lakers: 97
Sixers: 101

What thread is this?

I have no idea.

I'm new here.

wink.gif

Fix it or I'll just lock the thread.

outacontrol music:
SKA = hater
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Right, because "Sixers Season Thread: Lock Up The Women... There's a Criminal on the Loose in Philadelphia" would be completely outof the question.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

change the title of the effin thread...

got me clickin it to see whats going on like its some breaking news.

Fine, don't change it.
laugh.gif

*warned* for trolling

I've told you and FR3SH both about making misleading thread titles just to be funny/cute. I have no problem with that, as long as the thread title staysdescriptive in some way.

*locked*

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fine, don't change it.
laugh.gif

*warned* for trolling

I've told you and FR3SH both about making misleading thread titles just to be funny/cute. I have no problem with that, as long as the thread title stays descriptive in some way.

*locked*
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom