Parks and Recreation vol. Ron Swanson ftw

is the first season supposed to be pretty bad or something? I tried watching the first episode, and I just couldn't finish it. The humor just wasn't funny to me. What about the show is funny and should I give it another shot?

is the first season supposed to be pretty bad or something? I tried watching the first episode, and I just couldn't finish it. The humor just wasn't funny to me. What about the show is funny and should I give it another shot?

Originally Posted by young lad

Give it another shot. 
For me this is one of the funniest shows on TV, but u have to get a little invested in the characters.

Now Outsourced needs to go ASAP

Give it another shot. 
For me this is one of the funniest shows on TV, but u have to get a little invested in the characters.

Now Outsourced needs to go ASAP

The first season isn't that good at all imo, it really picks up in season 2 when the characters are more developed and the plots get more interesting.

The first season isn't that good at all imo, it really picks up in season 2 when the characters are more developed and the plots get more interesting.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

I heard from a friend that the first season was terrible which is why I'm reluctant to try watching it again.
My question is whether or not it's worth it to go through an entire season of mediocrity just to get to when the show finally picks up.
I'll probably give it a try after finals.

I heard from a friend that the first season was terrible which is why I'm reluctant to try watching it again.
My question is whether or not it's worth it to go through an entire season of mediocrity just to get to when the show finally picks up.

First, it's only 6 episodes... so it's not a full 22 ep season like some might expect. It wasn't that bad, it has it's moments for sure, but the writers/actors/etc. are just working through the kinks and finding the appropriate rhythm for the show. It's a couple hours to watch through the first season, do it so you get a sense for the characters and the basic dynamic between them, it's not like the Sopranos where you'd be completely lost without watching it, but it's worth it for the show.

First, it's only 6 episodes... so it's not a full 22 ep season like some might expect. It wasn't that bad, it has it's moments for sure, but the writers/actors/etc. are just working through the kinks and finding the appropriate rhythm for the show. It's a couple hours to watch through the first season, do it so you get a sense for the characters and the basic dynamic between them, it's not like the Sopranos where you'd be completely lost without watching it, but it's worth it for the show.

^^I agree it's not horrible but when you compare those first 6 episodes with season 2 and 3, it's not even close. Season 1 only had me laugh a couple times while with 2 and 3 I find myself laughing out loud all the time. The writing and characters took a while to develop but thank God it did, one of the best shows on right now.

^^I agree it's not horrible but when you compare those first 6 episodes with season 2 and 3, it's not even close. Season 1 only had me laugh a couple times while with 2 and 3 I find myself laughing out loud all the time. The writing and characters took a while to develop but thank God it did, one of the best shows on right now.

Donna always keeps me
laugh.gif

All-time favorite Donna line, the cold opening when Tom was trying out Ron's hat and her pick-up line was "Yes I am a hunter, and it's you season"

All-time favorite Donna line, the cold opening when Tom was trying out Ron's hat and her pick-up line was "Yes I am a hunter, and it's you season"

Back
Top Bottom