Paint colors rubbing onto white leather on 4's, 5's, 6's? (Pics)

sour diesel

Banned
Anyone else ever had this problem?

It's strange, on my Grapes near the ankle padding on both shoes, there's streaks of purple paint. Also some red streaks on the inner parts of my Mars 4's. I always figured it was from the way I was walking, and didn't think much else of it.

Just wore my White/Infrared 6's today, and the same thing happened on the left shoe. What's puzzling me is there's a infrared streak right above the infrared paint on the outer part of the left shoe, so it couldn't have rubbed up against the paint on the opposite shoe. I hadn't seen it happen in awhile and was especially disappointed with it happening to these.

Anyone know why this happens? Best method for cleaning? I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser today, there was a very small streak on the inner part that it cleaned up nicely, but I had some trouble with the bigger one I already mentioned. Seems like the Magic Eraser stripped the leather a bit or something, there's a faint grey/black spot above it too.

Infs

oap2ly.jpg

Grapes

sb08q8.jpg

2quugw0.jpg

Thanks guys.

It's strange, on my Grapes near the ankle padding on both shoes, there's streaks of purple paint. Also some red streaks on the inner parts of my Mars 4's. I always figured it was from the way I was walking, and didn't think much else of it.

Just wore my White/Infrared 6's today, and the same thing happened on the left shoe. What's puzzling me is there's a infrared streak right above the infrared paint on the outer part of the left shoe, so it couldn't have rubbed up against the paint on the opposite shoe. I hadn't seen it happen in awhile and was especially disappointed with it happening to these.

Anyone know why this happens? Best method for cleaning? I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser today, there was a very small streak on the inner part that it cleaned up nicely, but I had some trouble with the bigger one I already mentioned. Seems like the Magic Eraser stripped the leather a bit or something, there's a faint grey/black spot above it too.

Infs

oap2ly.jpg

Grapes

sb08q8.jpg

2quugw0.jpg

Thanks guys.

I just don't understand how it happened with the Infrareds. On my other shoes it's always been on the inner part of the shoe, which you would think happens from walking and having the painted part rub against the leather. But how the hell did it happen to the outer part of these? It's like the paint just jumped right up there.

I've never encountered this problem to my knowledge, but I'm interested to see others' accounts...

I just don't understand how it happened with the Infrareds. On my other shoes it's always been on the inner part of the shoe, which you would think happens from walking and having the painted part rub against the leather. But how the hell did it happen to the outer part of these? It's like the paint just jumped right up there.

I've never encountered this problem to my knowledge, but I'm interested to see others' accounts...

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

my 06 firered Vs are blood red at the ankle
same here

Being I actually only use them for basketball, I have a LOT of red and black on the ankles and heels of my firered Vs.  That, and the paint has cracked like crazy on the midsoles.  I'll try to get some pics up.

When everyone was arguing with me over my complaints and reservations on wearing the infrareds, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

my 06 firered Vs are blood red at the ankle
same here

Being I actually only use them for basketball, I have a LOT of red and black on the ankles and heels of my firered Vs.  That, and the paint has cracked like crazy on the midsoles.  I'll try to get some pics up.

When everyone was arguing with me over my complaints and reservations on wearing the infrareds, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

I just checked my Fire Red V's (actually changing into them as I type), and surprisingly they don't have this problem yet. Haven't worn them nearly as much as the Grapes though.

Still, with those Infrareds today, this was only the 2nd time I've worn them.

I just checked my Fire Red V's (actually changing into them as I type), and surprisingly they don't have this problem yet. Haven't worn them nearly as much as the Grapes though.

Still, with those Infrareds today, this was only the 2nd time I've worn them.

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

Infs

Grapes

Thanks guys.
OP, the paint transfer is probably due to you rubbing your feet at some stage. You can't hope to walk perfectly and maybe it's just me - but it's nice to have your shoes look clean and creased at the same time.

Anyway don't sweat it - there's  far greater things in life to worry about than paint transfer.

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

Infs

Grapes

Thanks guys.
OP, the paint transfer is probably due to you rubbing your feet at some stage. You can't hope to walk perfectly and maybe it's just me - but it's nice to have your shoes look clean and creased at the same time.

Anyway don't sweat it - there's  far greater things in life to worry about than paint transfer.

Back
Top Bottom