Pac 12 Basketball Thread

pimp.gif

Cant even say I'm surprised. This is what it will be all season

Team played without any focus and effort all game

*Looks at boxscores*

Damn this conference sucks
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Colorado is a half away from being the only undefeated team left in conference play
laugh.gif

Beavers with the win over Cal
pimp.gif
Hopefully they can turn this into a nicer run through the rest of Pac-12 play.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Team is hard to watch on the road
*sigh*
The past few seasons they have been great at Hec-Ed but struggle on the road, however this year it seems that it doesn't matter where we're playing we just struggle period.  If the outside shot isn't falling we're buns. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I've brought it up before and I've been scoffed at, but at what point does Romar's ability to actually coach come into question? He's an outstanding recruiter and a pretty good motivator, but the guy has never run a semblance of an offense. His greatest success came when he had a few NBA-caliber (or almost) talents on the squad (B-Roy, Nate, Conroy). He gets by on super athletic wings and guards, and only managed to truly develop one inside player (Brockman, who just had a motor that wouldn't quit) the entire time he's been there. There's a reason UW never gets past the Sweet 16: they get killed on the inside-outside game against teams that have legit big men. He is consistently out-coached.

Add in the fact he's under .500 against WSU, with half those losses coming to inferior WSU squads (2006 and 2011). And when they were evenly matched or WSU was good, he lost seven in a row. That's not good.

Yeah Romar has some big skills lacking in the coaching department. He seriously needs to upgrade his staff around him if he isn't able to make the adjustments himself. This year is showing how bad it is. It could be even worse next year if he doesnt start improving. The offense has always been what it is for better or worse but the effort and gameplanning on D has been outright disgraceful. Dropping into 2-3 zones when you're down by 20? Even worse is that the team can't even play it properly, and giving up easy eaaassy baskets in transition after scores is terrible. Team is lost, nobody wants to be a leader. Ross has been hiding in most of the games. I only see a couple Huskies showing consistent effort to do something.

and I still am not sure Romar's seat is even close to getting warm yet.

Back
Top Bottom