P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

is there really a need for the supplements, multivitamins, and protein bars??

or can i use a substitutes??
who said you need supplements? im pretty sure you dont need them. multivitamins are good but if you dont want to then you dont have to take them.

just wondering if they aid in your performance so that you can get the true results.

and what can be substituted instead of buying the stuff they try to press on you??

depending on what you want to use of course it can aid. if you want to help build muscle and have them heal quicker you take protein which is what most peopletake while doing p90x.

My brother got the program for free and is thinking about ordering the resistance bands and those performance formula pills. Is it better to have the dumbbellsor the resistance bands? And should he order the performance formula pills or pass on those?

Damn those are some good results for those of you that did the program (no amechi).

Once I find this I'm going to get back into a workout routine. I got lazy through Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it's time to get back to work.

^ It depends on what you trying to accomplish. The resistance bands are better to use if you are trying to tone your body more than build mass.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

^ It depends on what you trying to accomplish. The resistance bands are better to use if you are trying to tone your body more than build mass.

Also, if you travel, you can take the bands with you. I prefer the weights but it basically comes down to preference.

Starting back up on Monday. Such a good workout...it's been waaaay too long since my last time.

%#$@ hurts after a while, first time out. Laughed at some Marines doin it last year at my command. Then I did it. Then I quit. Went back to the Navy physicaltraining.

Originally Posted by 35KD

My brother got the program for free and is thinking about ordering the resistance bands and those performance formula pills. Is it better to have the dumbbells or the resistance bands? And should he order the performance formula pills or pass on those?

My buddy order P90x with the pills and the P90 people keep trying to send him more pills and keep trying to bill him for them even though he doesnt even placean order for them. I would suggest not getting them. He bought P90 and never used it.

Originally Posted by devildoc76

%#$@ hurts after a while, first time out. Laughed at some Marines doin it last year at my command. Then I did it. Then I quit. Went back to the Navy physical training.

eek.gif

I'm getting ready to finish Phase 1 and P90X is awesome.

I felt like death for the first week and could barely walk after the leg/back day (when I lifted for basketball, I NEVER did lunges, and this workout has somany lunges). Week 2 went a lot better with very little soreness. I'm about to finish Week 3 and feel good with no soreness within 30 minutes of finishingthe workout.

My gains already have been substantial. I haven't gained any weight, but I've cut whatever fat I had (I'm 6'3" and 150lbs) and gainedmuscle. The first day I could do 5 or 6 pullups and now I can do 15 or more pullups for every exercise on the Chest and Back day. I also went from doing 10 or12 regular pushups on Day 1 to 30+ this week with 15-20 for all the other variations.

I'm really excited to see my progress over the next two phases. Granted I had almost no upper body strength before starting, but I should still be able tomake good gains as long as I stick with it.

Just started on Monday. This is great. I'm sore in a lot of places, but I hope it's going to be worth it. 5'8" 158lbs.
Only problem I'm having is going the whole hour. I can't go any further with 20 minutes left, but I intend to change that soon.

Keep up the work everyone!

honestly, the results come from simply two areas...the workouts, and probably even more important, the diet

as weird as it sounds, the fat shredder diet is the way to get rid of a lot of excess fat...later on, when your BMI has dropped, you needed to change your dietaccordingly...the three stage diet is key to follow the program correctly...if you actually take the time to read the nutrition guide, it explains how the bodypretty much feeds off of what is eaten...i am a health and physical education major, so for me, this is something i already kinda knew...most people arentaware of the proper way to cut fat...you start with next to no carbs, and the one serving of carbs per day has to be complex carbs that do not metabolize intofat, but rather are stored as glycogen...once fat content on the body is cut down, you need to increase your carbs to fuel yourself with more energy...pillsare not really the answer...any multi vitamin will work...
i use isopure protein powder, which is low carb and high in protein

Just finished Phase 1....I should've took pics, I've definitely cut fat around my love handles that I thought I never could.

The scale says only two pounds lost but we all know inches count more than lbs. I'm also the most flexible I've ever been since I was a tyke.

I'm on day 5 right now and I'm sore as hell. It hurts like %#*+ when I try and hold the cell phone up to my ear.
laugh.gif

It's pretty intense, but if you keep your mind right doing the workouts shouldn't be too tough. I'm hoping my body gets used to these workouts nextweek so I won't be as sore.

Dre, I don't have any links, but let me just say P90X is the REAL DEAL!
smokin.gif
happy.gif

Almost done with my first month (@#%* is hard as hell, but it feels sooooo good). I was already in pretty good shape before I started it fwiw.

Didn't take any before pics, but I will take an after pic...

I'm starting to look like Usher in his prime.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

lmao you ol' "U don't have to call" usher sliding across the dancefloor in some heelies looking boy,
laugh.gif

Yeah, I heard it was a beast. So I figured, what the hell. Might as well try it.

eek.gif
LMAOOOOO!
roll.gif
. Swear on my mother's grave I was bumping 8701 in the background during my yoga workout yesterday.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But I'm not trying to lose any weight AT ALL. I'm just trying to get extremely toned again for the spring/summer. This workout is so good/effectivethough (and EXTREMELY convenient) that I plan on doing this all year long (and take a week off after every 3 months) and take it from there. Haven't beenin this good of shape since HS football.

And I don't follow the meal plan AT ALL either. I just act like it doesn't exist.
laugh.gif
...good genes + eating relatively healthy anyways FTW.

Back
Top Bottom