"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I'm interested in copping a pair of Hoka Bondi 8's to wear as a daily walking sneaker and was reading that generally going with the 2e wide pairs over the regular pairs is the best option because of how narrow they fit. How accurate is this? What makes the wide variations fit more wide? Is the toe box more spacious? Or for that I would have to go up half a size? I'm looking for a little bit of extra toe space, as well.

zombiejohnny zombiejohnny I would order/try on a wide. Sounds like the toe box is a bit pointed & narrow in the regular version. Hoka’s website has a pretty easy return process too.

How long you plan on wearing each day? Do you wear a wide in anything else?

Ordered a pair of on clouds and couple of tanks for my old lady on 9/1, order still on “order received”
Yet to prepare shipment, sheesh 🙄

zombiejohnny zombiejohnny I would order/try on a wide. Sounds like the toe box is a bit pointed & narrow in the regular version. Hoka’s website has a pretty easy return process too.

How long you plan on wearing each day? Do you wear a wide in anything else?
No, I generally wear regular sizing for all my kicks. A few hours a day I would plan on wearing em, basically an every day shoe.

FINALLY hit this MILEstone on the NRC app
IMG_8037.PNG

Completed the accomplishment with the Endorphin Speed 3s. These are giving the ASICS Novablast 3 and 4 some competition as my favorite daily trainer.
09-08-2024.JPG

I thought it was black, but in the light it looks like it's a really dark blue; like new denim.

I was lucky enough to catch a restock on ASICS. I received them today, and you’re spot on! 🎯 It really does appear like denim with the EM.

Tried out the Balos this morning, softest shoe I've ever used but surprisingly fun. The Peba infused FreshFoam has a good bounce and that rocker really rolls your along. Definitely not very stable with how soft it is though :lol:
IMG_3364.jpg

I’m planning to swap out the OG grey tongue for a Navy Novablast 3 tongue, as I’m not liking the hue of the OG tongue with the upper. It looks off to me, and I’m a picky MFer lol

IMG_8172.jpeg

I also compared the OG (went 1/2 down in sizing) in length to the 2s (TTS), and they’re pretty much spot on.

IMG_8174.jpeg

Need some help. Been wearing the Pegasus 41, and have developed the worse case of plantar fascitis in my left heel. To the point where I can't even walk. What shoes woul you guys recommend to remedy this???

Need some help. Been wearing the Pegasus 41, and have developed the worse case of plantar fascitis in my left heel. To the point where I can't even walk. What shoes woul you guys recommend to remedy this???
You might want to go to a running store so they can check your gait and see the right type of shoe that would work best for your mechanics.

Planter issues aren’t always caused by shoes it can be an over use injury or caused based on what you’re wearing when you’re not running (flip flops).

everyones foot is different so its difficult to recommend a general running shoes, it could be a matter of wrong shoe size for an individual whether its too small where your feet doesnt have room to expand or too big where you lose some support

got to determine if you are flat footed or have a high arch as those will require a different type of shoes

i think its best to just rest up for a week or two and see where you're at

i have the foot rollers from amazon but you can also just use a tennis ball to get the blood flowing

when going back to running, the type of shoes will depend on your foot type which determines if you need a neutral or stability shoes, thats where id start

It might be worth trying a shoe with a lower heel-to-toe offset. The Pegasus 41 is 10 mm. Try 6 mm. I suggest the New Balance Rebel v4—it’s wider, softer, and more flexible than the 41.

Also, are you familiar with the Windlass Mechanism? If not, check this out:

IMG_3296.jpeg

This Superblast 2 colorway is a collab with triathlete Lucy Charles-Barclay (ENG) that recently dropped in the UK and Europe. Does anyone know if it’ll be sold in the US?

IMG_3296.jpeg

This Superblast 2 colorway is a collab with triathlete Lucy Charles-Barclay (ENG) that recently dropped in the UK and Europe. Does anyone know if it’ll be sold in the US?
Saw these in store, these are 100% a women’s shoe lol

Finally took a glamour shot of these with the Tongue Swap (from a pair of donor Novablast 3s)

ASICS SuperBlast 2 - Paris
ASICS SuperBlast 2 - Paris.png

Speaking for myself... Just over nine months into 2024, ASICS clinched the title as MY favorite performance running brand of the year. They fired on all cylinders Race Day with the Metaspeed Sky Paris, Super Trainer with the SuperBlast 2 and Daily with the NovaBlast 4. You can even throw in the Magic Speed 4 for Tempos! Another BIG plus was the quality cws they put out for these models even though there weren't that many!

Also, I just looked back my performance running scoops of the year, and ASICS tallied the most easily. The closest one to them is Nike with only four (All VFN3s).

Back
Top Bottom