"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Random question to ask but probably fits in good with this group: what kind of socks y'all rocking? I can't wear any type of no show comfortably anymore, and the ones with the heel tab typically don't do it for me. Are there any type of performance crews worth looking into? I've thought about Lululemon but that's just scratching the surface.
Features. They have 3-4 different padding categories, so it may take a few tries to get the exact model dialed in to your preference.

I wear all types from tabbed balegas, features, swiftwick, etc. however most recently been wearing cycling socks - crew height, slightly compressive and super thin, perfect for summer. Rapha, Pearl Izumi, Castelli, Assos, etc.
I have about 40 pairs of cycling socks. Many different brands including all you mentioned but Assos. They just caused blisters when I ran in them. The cycling sock bottoms just didn’t work for running for me as they caused friction. I’m glad they worked for you though. They definitely breathe well and have cool designs.

I have about 40 pairs of cycling socks. Many different brands including all you mentioned but Assos. They just caused blisters when I ran in them. The cycling sock bottoms just didn’t work for running for me as they caused friction. I’m glad they worked for you though. They definitely breathe well and have cool designs.

Yikes. For me they hold well / are pretty tight which is the main reason I use them, in addition to keeping dirt and rocks out while on trails…otherwise if they were loose I would ditch them in a heartbeat. I especially love my Swiftwicks nowadays for their compressive crew, helps with vibration reductions and blood flow when running.

Going to hit up some mom and pop running stores locally this week and get some socks and see what else I can find. Time to retire the Turbos and find something new.

My Garmin fenix 6X Pro started to haywire over the weekend. It’s still under the two year warranty. I paid about $900 late October in 2019. However, I’m thinking of looking at the COROS.

My only grip is that it does not sync with the Nike Running app, correct?

how do yall feel about brooks?

While not flashy, Brooks always has a pretty solid lineup, even though their shoes don't seem to get much love on here. I'm currently wearing the Glycerin GTS 19 and they've been a solid performer for me. Some might say their standard DNA loft foam is a little outdated compared to the updated stuff other brands have recently come out with but they still have good products.

My real Question - Running clothing - Running NYC with a team - i usually wear Nike Miler tops but notice these now are very flimsy. any good Tank suggestions?

Can we get a "Running clothing" thread going?

My Garmin fenix 6X Pro started to haywire over the weekend. It’s still under the two year warranty. I paid about $900 late October in 2019. However, I’m thinking of looking at the COROS.

My only grip is that it does not sync with the Nike Running app, correct?
Can’t you sync your Strava to Nike?

My real Question - Running clothing - Running NYC with a team - i usually wear Nike Miler tops but notice these now are very flimsy. any good Tank suggestions?

Can we get a "Running clothing" thread going?
Track smith is the greatest

Pro-tip regarding the Boston 10: swap out the flimsy, poorly cushioned stock insole and throw in an ortholite insole (I put in some Nike ones, but I don't recall what shoe I saved them from). Makes the shoe feel less firm, especially in the heel where you're standing directly on a Carbitex plate.

My favorite:
  • Tanks
    • Nike swift singlet
    • Janji singlet
    • Nike Dri-FIT ADV Techknit Ultra
  • SS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra
    • Tracksmith twilight tee
    • Rabbit EZ perf tee
  • LS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra LS
    • Tracksmith Harrier LS
    • Rabbit EZ LS tee
  • Hoodies/Jackets
    • Path Projects Pyrenees hooded LS or LS shirt
    • Nike essential running jacket (only running jacket in tall I could find at the time)
    • Lululemon running vest
  • shorts
    • Path Projects (Graves and Sykes) with their tahoe liner
    • Ultimate Direction hydro shorts (long runs where I need water)
    • Janji groundwork half tight (pockets!)
    • Tracksmith Reggie lined half tight (lux)
  • Tights
    • Tracksmith Turnover lined tights
    • Janji groundwork tights
    • Nike Swift run pants

Last edited:
Big rabbit fan here. The ez tank perf where it's got additional holes for breathability has been a lifesaver in the humid summer. The Nike Techknit ultras and Tracksmith Strata stuff is amazing as well, but pricey. My favorite short sleeve is the rabbit runtee ss (their racing shirt-super lightweight).

For shorts, I like the Nike Flex Stride 2-in-1 5" for longer runs (the compression tight underneath helps provide extra support), Rabbit quadtastic 5" for breathability/coolness, or Nike Aeroswift half tights for racing/speedwork.

Last edited:
My favorite:
  • Tanks
    • Nike swift singlet
    • Janji singlet
  • SS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra
    • Rabbit EZ perf tee
  • LS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra LS
    • Tracksmith Harrier LS
    • Rabbit EZ LS tee
  • Hoodies/Jackets
    • Nike essential running jacket (only running jacket in tall I could find at the time)
    • Lululemon running vest
  • shorts
  • Tights
    • Nike Swift run pants

+1 to almost all of these. I've tried about 85% of your list and love all of them.

My favorite:
  • Tanks
    • Nike swift singlet
    • Janji singlet
  • SS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra
    • Rabbit EZ perf tee
  • LS shirts
    • Nike TechKnit Ultra LS
    • Tracksmith Harrier LS
    • Rabbit EZ LS tee
  • Hoodies/Jackets
    • Lululemon running vest
  • shorts
  • Tights
    • Nike Swift run pants
What favs for socks?

Big rabbit fan here. The ez tank perf where it's got additional holes for breathability has been a lifesaver in the humid summer. The Nike Techknit ultras and Tracksmith Strata stuff is amazing as well, but pricey. My favorite short sleeve is the rabbit runtee ss (their racing shirt-super lightweight).

For shorts, I like the Nike Flex Stride 2-in-1 5" for longer runs (the compression tight underneath helps provide extra support), Rabbit quadtastic 5" for breathability/coolness, or Nike Aeroswift half tights for racing/speedwork.
The recent Nike Flex Stride 2-in-1 5" are awesome now that they have a zip pocket with a big enough opening to slide my phone in. Materials are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom