"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

My thoughts exactly. It was only firm out the box, after a couple of runs and at pace, feels really good.

Got these in part because of your positive review! Happy to echo your thoughts. I wasn't sure what type of pace I'd run today when I took them out but I kept glancing down at my watch and being pleasantly surprised.

Got these in part because of your positive review! Happy to echo your thoughts. I wasn't sure what type of pace I'd run today when I took them out but I kept glancing down at my watch and being pleasantly surprised.

Ha there is only one way to run in these shoes and that's fast! :wink:
Kind of wish I went with the red/black colourway that you have but they were exempt from the discount code.

Anyone have experience with APL? I remember when they first launched the basketball shoe in the early 2000's, to see what they've become now is pretty impressive. Their new streamline series is kind of funky looking but I seriously can't justify the price without peer pressure.

Works for the new ones as well, but only free shipping. Paypal has a $10 off coupon.

Really happy with these Ghost 14. First time trying Brooks and I’m impressed. Perfect daily everyday workhorse running shoe that I can nip into the gym with and then about town.
69A4762C-4A2E-414F-AFAC-F3845FF8D34B.jpeg

MRBW MRBW I've been intrigued by On Running, but have yet to pull the trigger on using their shoes, as they don't tend to be in the top picks for the different reviews, but did see some good talk from RoadTrailRun video. What are your thoughts on them?

Speaking of On Running, I was at Scheels a few weeks back and picked up a pair of their waterproof running pants for $120 rather than $240. OG price seemed kinda OD, but I'm not too invested in running as much of a hobby as most of the crew here TBH, so maybe that price is justified for a quality pair of pants? Either way, thought it was a good deal, and they'll be definitely put to use, playing outside with my dog.
PXL_20210814_193042878.jpg

Picked up some new kicks for my wife. She needed some new kicks for the treadmill, and although she doesn't run, they were too good of a price to pass up. She said the Pros feel like moon boots(in a good way) as far as height on them, & the springiness to them. She's not a shoe head by any means, so I had to drop the knowledge about the carbon plate to her. She definitely likes how soft the NB's feel upon first try on. Hell, I might have to get myself a pair. I was so tempted to pull the trigger on some Pros yesterday with that discount, but I don't really need them.
PXL_20210814_165416024.jpg

MRBW MRBW I've been intrigued by On Running, but have yet to pull the trigger on using their shoes, as they don't tend to be in the top picks for the different reviews, but did see some good talk from RoadTrailRun video. What are your thoughts on them?

Speaking of On Running, I was at Scheels a few weeks back and picked up a pair of their waterproof running pants for $120 rather than $240. OG price seemed kinda OD, but I'm not too invested in running as much of a hobby as most of the crew here TBH, so maybe that price is justified for a quality pair of pants? Either way, thought it was a good deal, and they'll be definitely put to use, playing outside with my dog.

Picked up some new kicks for my wife. She needed some new kicks for the treadmill, and although she doesn't run, they were too good of a price to pass up. She said the Pros feel like moon boots(in a good way) as far as height on them, & the springiness to them. She's not a shoe head by any means, so I had to drop the knowledge about the carbon plate to her. She definitely likes how soft the NB's feel upon first try on. Hell, I might have to get myself a pair. I was so tempted to pull the trigger on some Pros yesterday with that discount, but I don't really need them.
ON running seems like it would be good for you. They're the perfect "casual runner" type of shoe.

Some nice pick ups there! Also thinking about 'treating' the wife to some Rebel V2s. Just waiting on the right colourway/good deal.

Re: On Running. Not tried any of their stuff before, have liked the design of some their shoes but on further research, reviews don't seem to favour them much. I haven't actually taken them out for their maiden voyage yet, as been having too much fun with the magic speed, endorphin speed and rebel v2. They're in the queue though! From walking about the house, they do feel lovely underfoot, not squishy, not firm, somewhere in the middle which is what I'm looking for.

Took the Ghost 14 out for a proper run, just 3 miles, they felt really nice, the high drop (12mm?) kind helps the turnover I feel, was definitely more up on my toes and off vs something like the 880v10 I tried, glad I picked them up. Great daily. Kind of want to try the Aurora BL now...

in that angle, i thought it was the pegasus trails because the saucony logo looks like a swoosh

Anyone with the speed 2s comment on the width?

the original speeds were great with a wider foot base so I was seeing if the 2s were similar.

Random question to ask but probably fits in good with this group: what kind of socks y'all rocking? I can't wear any type of no show comfortably anymore, and the ones with the heel tab typically don't do it for me. Are there any type of performance crews worth looking into? I've thought about Lululemon but that's just scratching the surface.

Random question to ask but probably fits in good with this group: what kind of socks y'all rocking? I can't wear any type of no show comfortably anymore, and the ones with the heel tab typically don't do it for me. Are there any type of performance crews worth looking into? I've thought about Lululemon but that's just scratching the surface.

I go with feetures elite light cushion quarters

these ones ain’t bad either

I wear all types from tabbed balegas, features, swiftwick, etc. however most recently been wearing cycling socks - crew height, slightly compressive and super thin, perfect for summer. Rapha, Pearl Izumi, Castelli, Assos, etc.

Back
Top Bottom