"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Wasn’t it the 12th or 15th? Going to pass on them and it’s good to see them ramping up production, good few colourways upcoming or just released.

EndorphinSpeedSS21-0178.jpeg

Upcoming blue colourway

sooooo any clue when these are supposed to drop?

My physical therapist took some measurements on my feet today and told me I "severely over-pronate" and that I should only look at running shoes that focus on motion control and have the highest level of stability.

I'm not much of a runner but would really like to get into it. Sadly a lot of my running shoe places are still closed due to covid, do any of you gents in this group have some recommendations based on the verbiage my therapist used?

My physical therapist took some measurements on my feet today and told me I "severely over-pronate" and that I should only look at running shoes that focus on motion control and have the highest level of stability.

I'm not much of a runner but would really like to get into it. Sadly a lot of my running shoe places are still closed due to covid, do any of you gents in this group have some recommendations based on the verbiage my therapist used?
I’d recommend the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 but see the link below for the best stability running shoes.

Running Warehouse offers a free, 90 day return policy (they even include the free, return shipping label with the shoes).

Last edited:
Got some stuff in the mail yesterday, didn't fully open it & try on until today.

*Arahi 5 & Gaviota 3

Unfortunately, dealing with a lower back injury, so maybe this weekend I can be healed up enough to try them out! My first ever pair(s) of Hoka. I'm very interested to see if there is much noticable difference in the two, and how they will handle my very flat feet.

On another note, has anyone here used RunLab for their Gait Evaluation & M.A.P, or something similar? I see that you can even send in a video for them to analyze.
PXL_20210204_214349852.jpg
PXL_20210204_214657535.jpg
PXL_20210204_214842411.jpg
PXL_20210204_214920322.jpg
PXL_20210204_214924375.jpg
PXL_20210204_214952637.jpg

Last edited:
Feetures got a sale going for anyone interested

would highly recommend their mini crew and quarters in light cushion and max cushion

not too thin like some socks.. and then it doesn’t feel suffocating like other brands

and the cushioning is just done at the bottom of the foot, so it’s not like the max cushioning overly bulks up the sock

What other shoes like the endorphin speed are plated but not with carbon fiber?

What other shoes like the endorphin speed are plated but not with carbon fiber?
Only ones I can think of that may still be available are the Tempo Next%, NB FuelCell Propel v1, ASICS GlideRide 1 & 2, though for the ASICS, the plate is to add rigidity; it's not intended to be propulsive at all. OG Zoom Fly had one too.

Only ones I can think of that may still be available are the Tempo Next%, NB FuelCell Propel v1, ASICS GlideRide 1 & 2, though for the ASICS, the plate is to add rigidity; it's not intended to be propulsive at all. OG Zoom Fly had one too.

just kinda surprised more brands haven’t seen the success and versatility with the endorphin speed

i mean since obviously so many brands see the advantages for a carbon plated shoe for racing purposes

and so many are coming out with high end partner shoes for the carbon plated models

I think On and Mizuno have been using non-carbon plates in their shoes for a while, but for different types of applications.

I suspect we'll be seeing more Speed-style plates in the future, but it probably complicates the manufacturing process and makes shoes more expensive?

I think On and Mizuno have been using non-carbon plates in their shoes for a while, but for different types of applications.

I suspect we'll be seeing more Speed-style plates in the future, but it probably complicates the manufacturing process and makes shoes more expensive?

you nailed it on your other post on that their plates is more for rigidity/stability rather than that propulsive feel

personally for me i think most companies haven’t used the nylon/carbon composite plate is because they would rather not take away sales from they’re super race day shoe.
if you were looking for a training companion, you’d pick up one of their tempo/long run kind of shoes instead but i do agree that we should eventually see more speed plated shoes since it’s already there with adidas, nike and saucony

i think youre looking at a perfect window for those types of non carbon plated, plated shoes

talking that 150-160 to even 170 range.. since you’re looking at 200 range for carbon plated shoes

Back
Top Bottom