"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Cross posted since I’ll need some new shoes - 4E at that. Currently using some Invincible 2s

Just signed up for the 2024 Chevron Houston Marathon.

Will be my first full since 2016 (damn, that’s a long time ago) but my times were pretty bad. Have a goal in mind of under 4:00.

Recently have ran 2 half marathons with a time of 1:35 and 1:32 - what are some good training regimens? I could also use the help with nutrition.

As of now I laid off of running for bit just 7 mile runs 2x a week for the past year. Sprinkle some really low intensity 10 milers here and there. Keep in mind in Houston it’s 100+ degrees as well.

My main issue with previous training cycles for marathons were I would get burnt out a month away from the marathon. I’d run a 18-20 miler and just stop running cold turkey. Plus back then, I’d just run to run, no real training just run by feel and tbh just go at it without any steady state or slow endurance running. Also I never ran with anything - no gels, food, or water - just drink from water fountains along the way or during a race drink water/eat food that’s handed out.
Follow up on this: was thinking this plan (honestly just saw it) but as stated previously 16 weeks may be a bit too much. Personally I run about 15-20 miles a week at this time split between 2-3 runs - no real training program just getting out there.

Prime X Strung 2 live on Adidas today!

PrimeXStrung2.JPG

If you ran at least 10mi last month, check your Nike app Rewards tab for 10% at all Nike Stores. It valid until the end of the month.

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

I really need to go get my shoe outfitting/running gait reviewed.

I wore nike for years with no issues. Switched to Saucony endorphins a year ago and kept experiences so much foot/ankle/lower leg pain. I was persistent about it being something else causing it, recently switched back to nike and no issues. Sad, cuz i really loved the look of those shoes. Curious to know what my actual issue is with them.

Just scooped up the Boston 12 for $100ish after the 30% Promo SHOES and $20 GC I had. Excited to see how these pan out. I’m hearing a lot of good things about them. Now I’m also curious about the endorphins…maybe down the line when they’re on sale too.

Is this on NRC?

Nah. It’s separate. If you have a compatible GPS watch/device you can “triple dip”, as it should sync to NRC, Strava and to the watch’s documenting platform.

Or… you can just use the Strava app directly as your primary GPS tracker.

IMG_8859.jpeg

And getting ready to put these to work. Love’em. Stiff enough for go-fast runs on the track yet flexible enough to help with healthy pronation. Comfortable too, for a lower rise.

IMG_8859.jpeg

And getting ready to put these to work. Love’em. Stiff enough for go-fast runs on the track yet flexible enough to help with healthy pronation. Comfortable too, for a lower rise.

boston 9 still one of my favorite "old school" trainers - had plenty of great runs in them ranging from those shorter tempo runs to those steady/easy long runs too, truly felt like a good and well rounded shoe for me despite it being lower stack and not as exciting as today's shoes

Surprised Asics haven't pumped out more colourways in the superblast while the iron was hot. Superblast 2 must be around the corner now as well.

In my quest to find a great comfortable recovery type of shoe, I ordered these new ones from Hoka. Want something super easy to slip on, and hopefully they don’t have as much of an arch like their 2nd Gen Slide. Will report back with my thoughts.
IMG_3718.jpeg
IMG_3719.jpeg

In my quest to find a great comfortable recovery type of shoe, I ordered these new ones from Hoka. Want something super easy to slip on, and hopefully they don’t have as much of an arch like their 2nd Gen Slide. Will report back with my thoughts.
IMG_3718.jpeg
IMG_3719.jpeg
I’m in the same boat, have you tried the Kane Recovery Shoe?

I’m in the same boat, have you tried the Kane Recovery Shoe?
I actually ordered the Kane x Ministry of Supply & got it this past Saturday, LoL!

Tried them on, & were too big, but I’ll still give them a little indoor walking test to see if I want to exchange them, or send them back. My Hokas will be here on Friday, so I’ll give em a side by side review.

Downside on the Kane is the $10 restocking fee, but I’d rather potentially do that than be stuck with something I don’t like.

Back
Top Bottom