Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Their provocation for the most part had nothing to do with the average American. Its sad that a lot of people really believe things like this.

Osama's plan is still going. Our country is falling apart just like he planned and we're already too far gone.

It really isn't that surprising that people believe this though. "They hate us for our freedom, they hate our way of life" is what was repeated over and over after 9/11 because it was a simple answer to a very, very big question. Instead of going into detail about why we were attacked, and what really made their hate for us so strong, this became the go to answer. Then Huntington's whole "clash of civilizations" idea put a bow on top. 
So you sympathize with terrorists. That's good to know.

Thats some really sound logic there. How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Their provocation for the most part had nothing to do with the average American. Its sad that a lot of people really believe things like this.

Osama's plan is still going. Our country is falling apart just like he planned and we're already too far gone.

It really isn't that surprising that people believe this though. "They hate us for our freedom, they hate our way of life" is what was repeated over and over after 9/11 because it was a simple answer to a very, very big question. Instead of going into detail about why we were attacked, and what really made their hate for us so strong, this became the go to answer. Then Huntington's whole "clash of civilizations" idea put a bow on top. 

Thats some really sound logic there. How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Only if they're non white non Christian. The IRA never got this much burn on NT.

Only if they're non white non Christian. The IRA never got this much burn on NT.

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by sonofsam

yea i know hes responsible for alot of deaths i kinda worded that wrong..but what i was tryin to ask is if middle easterns view us as terroist?

You made a valid point. 
What we view as "collateral damage", others view as murder. What we view as murder ( 9/11) victims, others view as collateral damage (attacking the enemy's infrastructure; Pentagon and the WTC). 

It's relative. 

If these "others" view the victims of terrorism as "collateral damage", they are morons.  Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups attack civilians intentionally as a way of promoting terror and fear.   The civilians and their emotional well-being are their direct targets.  The buildings themselves are incidental.  Collateral damage is defined as unintended damage....not the case here.

This is exactly right... The point of theft risk is to strike fear and the number one way to do that is to strike the every day person... Women, children, it doesn't matter. For the last 10 years at one point or another nearly every American has considered that they might not be safe doing something that they want to do or going somewhere they want to go as a result of 9/11.I wouldn't however call the buildings "incidental" though as they were heavily symbolic even before the attacks destroyed them.

yea i know hes responsible for alot of deaths i kinda worded that wrong..but what i was tryin to ask is if middle easterns view us as terroist?

You made a valid point. 
What we view as "collateral damage", others view as murder. What we view as murder ( 9/11) victims, others view as collateral damage (attacking the enemy's infrastructure; Pentagon and the WTC). 

It's relative. 

If these "others" view the victims of terrorism as "collateral damage", they are morons.  Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups attack civilians intentionally as a way of promoting terror and fear.   The civilians and their emotional well-being are their direct targets.  The buildings themselves are incidental.  Collateral damage is defined as unintended damage....not the case here.

This is exactly right... The point of theft risk is to strike fear and the number one way to do that is to strike the every day person... Women, children, it doesn't matter. For the last 10 years at one point or another nearly every American has considered that they might not be safe doing something that they want to do or going somewhere they want to go as a result of 9/11.I wouldn't however call the buildings "incidental" though as they were heavily symbolic even before the attacks destroyed them.

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

Osama's direct target is our economy. The EXACT SAME THING has happened before. And he is winning, again. Even in death.

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

Osama's direct target is our economy. The EXACT SAME THING has happened before. And he is winning, again. Even in death.

http://www.amazon.com/Blo...can-Empire/dp/0805075593
blowback+chalmers+johnson.jpg

check it out

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

I agree, the buildings were symbols.  
I meant to state that they were not attacking the infrastructure in the normal sense, as in conventional warfare (i.e. demobilizing an enemy or their supplies).

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

I agree, the buildings were symbols.  
I meant to state that they were not attacking the infrastructure in the normal sense, as in conventional warfare (i.e. demobilizing an enemy or their supplies).

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

I don't think they should release the pictures. It isn't right IMO.

It's the only way to show if he's really dead or ducktales.

Originally Posted by JD214

But if he's not dead won't he release a video to let us know? Surely he would not sit back and allow the USA to proclaim victory over him.

Originally Posted by JD214

But if he's not dead won't he release a video to let us know? Surely he would not sit back and allow the USA to proclaim victory over him.

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

Not quite.How many hijackers were there? If they simply wanted to kill civilians then they would've sent out each hijacker as a suicide bomber to public places and killed people that way.They targeted the WTC, Pentagon, and the Capitol building to make a point. It was symbolic.

You made a valid point. 

It's relative. 

Not quite.How many hijackers were there? If they simply wanted to kill civilians then they would've sent out each hijacker as a suicide bomber to public places and killed people that way.They targeted the WTC, Pentagon, and the Capitol building to make a point. It was symbolic.

I remember being 10 watching live footage of people leaping 80 floors then splat in the middle of the street like tomatoes. You tell me what isnt right.

I want to see ALL pictures released and hopefully they leak some photographs that can seal the deal on any speculation

I remember being 10 watching live footage of people leaping 80 floors then splat in the middle of the street like tomatoes. You tell me what isnt right.

I want to see ALL pictures released and hopefully they leak some photographs that can seal the deal on any speculation

Back
Top Bottom