open sketch thread

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I don't usually draw shoes, but I saw some other miscellaneous sketches in the thread, so I figured I'd throw this in here.

nice did u see that on one of the covers of the new yorker or just made it up ?

I usually drink a couple beers and then think of something to draw. If it was on a previous cover, I haven't seen it.

kicks4eva, oil pastels? nice artworks man! more!

abejd, thanks! I hope to be a shoe designer someday, or maybe just even an assistant, I really woudn't mind, check out more of it on my other thread, Idon't really want to flood here... thanks again!

35i88qr.jpg

Quick sketch

I'm trying to get more accustomed to working with PS for renders.

I've been practicing on sketches lately.

With that being said...

mb1xmb.jpg

Inspired by the And1 Edge and Vapor.

BTW, does anyone know to prevent bleeding on pen ink when using a prismacolor marker?

The canary completely distroyed the pen outline. Looks really sloppy and poor.

Thanks

Some random sketches I did over the summer for practice.
mcev5i.jpg

27wrcdf.jpg

24zdllc.jpg

2r7yp0o.jpg

2yjsbj4.jpg

so4q42.jpg

Some critiqs would be greatly appreciated!

Some pretty good stuff.

Try to use less of a bold outline. It gives it more of a realistic feel.

Proportions may be a lil off on some. It may just be because you draw the left sneak and not the right as I always do. Nothing wrong with that. I just realizedthis past week how awful some of my proportions were.

I usually use a 40" widescreen monitor for my editing, which the sketches appear elongated, which is to why I always thought the proportions weren'tthat bad.

Well my Windows comp went down, and now I'm on my ibook. My proportions are way off as I can see now. I usually fix the shape of my sketches on my windowsafter I scan em....

Johnny: Try lightening up on the white pencil....it looks a bit too grainy. Also, your proportions are getting better, but try tracing over a templateeverytime you sketch until your hand memorizes the shape.

Pencil + Photoshop....

Good start Ben
Johnny: You have some nice designs, but the proportion are killing it. Ben is right, Get a template or create your own and use it
smile.gif

Morning sketch and rendering. "Foamposite front"
smile.gif
I might change some stuff on the shoe, like the collar and the lines on the foam.
f_Foam1m_dfd6553.jpg

Nice I2EALdeal154
smile.gif
I like the yearly 90's feel you have done here, i might do one too tonight
smile.gif

I2EAL

Watch out for those "3 stripes"
embarassed.gif

adidas must have such a strong pull on designers, as it prevents them from using units of 3's on their designs.

Mr. Boston: As I already told you, good job on that sketch. Photoshop is really improving your sketches.

Not sure where this goes but..Was bored and made this via LunaPic. OLYMPIC DUNK '08

I dont care if they're garbage.
grin.gif

34843110ec0.png

Hey guys, my laptop where I work on the footwear design got busted, I'll be heading to the service center later to get the HDD replaced (I have no backup
frown.gif
)

I had time so I decided to render manually for a change, and a break from shoe design in the meantime. I cant quite see how to incorporate this way ofrendering in shoe designs... so if you have ideas, need suggestions! thanks!

Johnny: You gotta get those proportions down man...your drawing ability has gotten good, but the proportions are still killing it. PLEASE use a template man!You're so close!

Back
Top Bottom