open sketch thread

@John
I agree, the Jordan 24 (supposed to be) needs work, I had to sketch it fast to make the KG deadline so I got stuck with a design development drawing, hahaha,so it's lukewarm if I may say so myself. As for the architectural part, I'm currently off work, enjoying my time and taking a rest, probably I'llbe working again after the oathtaking a week from now, I just passed the licensure examination a few weeks back (which I still can't believe the results!CRAZY!), so I'm kinda taking a break from all the stress and fatigue. Thanks for the comments!

Donkey Kong: Nice sketches. You might try and stay away from those sharp corners because they tend to not turn out very well during production...I like whatyou've got there though. What did you do that first sketch with?

A few new sketches:

Ben:

Which sharp edges are you talking about? The heel? Toe?

Thanks though!

One more question...Which prismacolor shades did you use on that AND1 Cornering 2? On what areas?

Good to see you are reworking on your older stuff...

As for my first sketch, I used this PILOT PRECISE V7 RT ROLLER BALL pen I had laying around. I LOVE IT. The ink basically rolls of this pen. I've beensketching all day with it, and I ended up using up the ink and now I need to find more. The lighter grey shades I used the burn tool in PS to give it more of arealistic look!

Watch the ankle opening on your adidas render...would look a lot better with a larger opening! Looks sick though!

BTW, this is Austin. I'm borrowing this user from a friend since my newly registered account was denied
embarassed.gif
. Could be from the fact my other friends use their accounts on mycomputer, and it could have appeared to have shared the same IP address.

I was looking forward to using Sketch too....
frown.gif

Thanks very uch, Archie.

Austin: Yeah, I was thinking it was prob you, but I wasn't sure...On the pen sketch, I was referring to the point at the apex of your forefoot wrappingpiece, and the angle that is created around the ankle.

On the cornering II, I layed down 70% cool grey, went over it with white pencil and black pencil to give it shape, and then used some french grey 30% over theblack to smooth it out.

You're right about the opening on the Adidas sketch, I just got caught up in making it look stylized.

some quickies before i go watch usa china
grin.gif

pretty basic stuff, nothing outstanding
287i6c3.jpg

oh...AK. I LOVE your style, and that adidas is pretty sick.
happy.gif

I just started sketching a few weeks ago, and these are some of my best so far:

Possible Steve Nash Model
93a350d3e439e2dbc5c659d286ea8f2cb0e1f9e.pjpg

An Olympic Model:
d4e156efe5ce578788acef1fb430810f00860db.pjpg

And a random Zoom Flight Model:
d01159e3e5c6578f9423870831561685aaae207.pjpg

01f262d19d7dfafdf5a2ecb61ad1397733be9ddd.pjpg

This is my fist sketch so i took an easy sneaker to draw, and that is the air jordan 1 '94 retro, with no laces, hope you guys like it.

Real nice sketches from everyone.

ak47celtics, you are always improving and doing some cool stuff. Keep it up.

DK, cool sketches. You have this nice comic book like quality with the crosshatching as shading. I haven't seen too many people do that with shoes. Id liketo see you sleek up the shape of your shoes.

Thanks Arch! I'll try to fix up the shape.

I tend to do around 30 sketches at a time. The earlier ones are a little off ha...

I tend to use the crosshatch shade technique when I use pens. I was using a ball point pen, so I couldn't rely on the pressure of the pen.

All comments welcomed. I hope to get some refined renders up within a week.

Shoelad, great start, rework the shape a bit and the whole design will turn up a lot stronger! And dont only use white for highlights use a black colouredpencil or grey markers to add shades as well.

Dk, gotta agree with Archeever, I'm iking you style, keep working at it!

Nice sketches guys
smile.gif

Ben, you are really good man, keep up with the good stuff
smile.gif
Your designs are really good, try to tweak them a little bit in PS.
shading over with the burn tool a little bit to make the rendering smoother. Also try to shade some of the part you have on you And1 (the heel piece with thevents)
A little contribution to the forum:Im trying to bring back the 90's
smile.gif

f_Flightcopy1m_bc3b81d.jpg

Thanks for the advice Flight. I'm getting photoshop tomorow along with my other prizes so I should be able to test out that technique then.

Very nice sketch you have there...I'm not totally sure about the big arch, but otherwise, clean sketch.

2rrrtso.jpg

Favorite sketch for the day.

Real sloppy, but gets the point across ha.

I'm considering capitalizing on this one. I really like the flow of the lines.

Inspiration came from Clam shells and water. Go figure. Hittin up Myrtle next week...
glasses.gif

Still practicing with dodge/burn tool.

fight84 a question, the arch of the footlooks either oo high cut or blendsin with the background and I cant tell the 2 apart.
Dk nice stuff, I like the wht you call sloppy, if you ask me it makes the sketch fresh!

I don't usually draw shoes, but I saw some other miscellaneous sketches in the thread, so I figured I'd throw this in here.

did some pencil work earlier, first attempts at a bigger scaled drawing in pencil, was used to drawing thumbnails... murder me... thanks!
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom