open sketch thread

Thanks Travis! Yeah, that's the look I was going for...classic but with some modern-tech. Glad to hear I achieved that.

Some new quick sketches..hey AK47celtics..what exactly do you mean by proportions?..you really got some skills by the way..
pimp.gif

80736ad8178d10d7c0c2a78ae15c6202e0a76962.pjpg

The shape of the shoe is what I meant by proportions. If you trace over a photo of an existing shoe or design that would help your proportions a lot, and thushelp your design. A lot of good designs are missed because of poor proportions.

Your latest sketches look better...keep at it.

Cool sketch from GTA up there. NOt abd ideas, yeah like Ben said, work em proportions. Good ideas!

Quick sketch for the Olympic theme....lightweight, built with the undersized team in mind, foamposite heel/ankle and forefoot panels...I have a few other ideasfor this one as well that I might use...

man how do you guys do this?!? what program do you use to color shoes?! can I do this on my Mac?! I only have Photoshop, will that allow me to color shoes?

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

Try a pencil and paper?

Prismacolor markers for color?

Prismacolor pencils for shading/highlights?

Really? Cool, now I will go buy a pencil!

Any specific Pencil? or Paper?

Well I always found the prismacolor pencils great for sketching, but it's always the personal preference of the artist. Some like using pens, mech.pencils, etc.

It's important to have several sharpened pencils on hand, so the lines are crisper. I use mech. pencils for crisper lines.

As for paper, when using prismacolor makers, photocopy paper I hear is great, due to the fact it absorbs the ink well, and it won't bleed as easily as onregular printer paper.

Hope this helps.

Smart @%%

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

Well I always found the prismacolor pencils great for sketching, but it's always the personal preference of the artist. Some like using pens, mech. pencils, etc.

It's important to have several sharpened pencils on hand, so the lines are crisper. I use mech. pencils for crisper lines.

As for paper, when using prismacolor makers, photocopy paper I hear is great, due to the fact it absorbs the ink well, and it won't bleed as easily as on regular printer paper.

Hope this helps.

Smart @%%

Ok ok, im a bit bored tonight.. lol

Ok on a serious note:

So I was going through some of my old stuff...and I thought I might share them with you all

DC Shoe: random sketch..

Quick Sketch: Again.

Some random D-Wade shoe.. ( gotta love those samurai sword like highlights lol )

My first ever KG submission LOL... Yeah the thing is flat.. It was one of the first times I used PS to render anything.

colorways:

-Wade KG submission prelim sketches...

The Final

Originally Posted by ak47celtics

Quick sketch for the Olympic theme....lightweight, built with the undersized team in mind, foamposite heel/ankle and forefoot panels...I have a few other ideas for this one as well that I might use...
absolutely sick. I like this.

Rich, I was wondering what you were doing
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Good stuff man.

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I might have to develop this and actually submit it.

Niceshoe Ben, only thing that bothers me is the position of the swoosh. Been workin a lot , I'll be posting soon, can't wait for some feedback.

^Yeah the swoosh is a bit too close to the border of the panel...I fixed that up on my final rendering.

Look forward to seeing your new work..

ak47celtics... (I'm guessing you're Ben)

Ok, man your stuff is ridiculous. When is Nike signing you again? Seriously...I need to be wearing some of those right about now!

I was curious - because I've always wanted to design a shoe after this but I suck at drawing...could you design a nikebasketball shoe after something likethis:

or

pmi-x-ray.jpg

and/or

lg_422.jpg

and/or

vforce-armor-standard.jpg

(inspiration from the vent parts...not necessarily the goggles) Do you think that's possible?

Nonetheless, props man, props.

theconditioner: Thanks very much! Yes, I'm Ben. I'll give designing a shoe after those masks a shot...you'll have to give me some time though,since I've got some other things I'm working on, but I'll get it up here at some point.

Originally Posted by ak47celtics

theconditioner: Thanks very much! Yes, I'm Ben. I'll give designing a shoe after those masks a shot...you'll have to give me some time though, since I've got some other things I'm working on, but I'll get it up here at some point.

Ben is one busy dude, so im gonna help him out..

Heres your design Bro..

I call it JordanXgothX8 Fusion!! Enjoy it!

Tech: All the support of the AJ8 and the Style of traditional Creepers accented just for that Goth / Emo kid in you!!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks for helping me out man....would've taken me AGES to come up with a hot design like that.

By the way, what program did you use to make that? Can I use it on my mac?

Back
Top Bottom