On a game show......

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of threedoors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick adoor, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opensanother door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do youwant to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of threedoors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick adoor, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opensanother door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do youwant to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Weird question to ask, but I'll just go with door #1. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Spoiler [+]
I love goats.

Weird question to ask, but I'll just go with door #1. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Spoiler [+]
I love goats.

It is to your advantage to switch.

By switching you have a 2/3 chance to win, otherwise by staying just a 1/3 chance.

By switching you have a 2/3 chance to win, otherwise by staying just a 1/3 chance.

Originally Posted by And I Love It

That makes no sense. Can u explain that please? Because now u just have 1/2 chance being right and 1/2 chance being wrong. So there's no advantage to switch

Originally Posted by And I Love It

That makes no sense. Can u explain that please? Because now u just have 1/2 chance being right and 1/2 chance being wrong. So there's no advantage to switch

It's a little hard to concieve but it's a statistics problem that has been found to be true that switching is ALWAYS to your advantage. I didn't understand it at first but last semester in my stats class the whole class did the test 100 times staying and 100 times switching and the winning percentage was much higher when switching.

It's a little hard to concieve but it's a statistics problem that has been found to be true that switching is ALWAYS to your advantage. I didn't understand it at first but last semester in my stats class the whole class did the test 100 times staying and 100 times switching and the winning percentage was much higher when switching.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Watch the lecture scene of the movie 21.
was gunna post this.  that movie is too
pimp.gif

ok im lost..if he had a 1/3 chance before, and one door was shown how does he have a 2/3 chance now? it should be 1/2....im missing something here

Back
Top Bottom