Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bloodline cancelled :frown:
Meanwhile stupid shows like "The Ranch" get renewed.

Spare me the budget talk, i know...

but still :smh:

At least we get a 3rd season to close out the show.

Bloodline is one of their best shows. I imagine that as the budgets get larger we will see more shows get canceled. I love Marco Polo but I heard that show costs a boatload of money to make so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled.

Equity looks kinda good. Been watching a lot of Bloomberg tv this past summer and they were interviewing the maker of the movie.
I'm intrigued by it. Will see it for sure. I hope it's somewhat realistic
The most realistic, fictional finance movie recently was Margin Call (2009).

Big Short was based on a book/real life.

Last edited:
Bloodline is one of their best shows. I imagine that as the budgets get larger we will see more shows get canceled. I love Marco Polo but I heard that show costs a boatload of money to make so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled.

Probably one or two more seasons for Marco Polo. I don't think netflix is making much profits lately and they haven't gotten as many foreign subscriptions as they hoped.

Equity looks kinda good. Been watching a lot of Bloomberg tv this past summer and they were interviewing the maker of the movie.
I'm intrigued by it. Will see it for sure. I hope it's somewhat realistic

The most realistic, fictional finance movie recently was Margin Call (2009).

Big Short was based on a book/real life.
I love Margin Call. Been praising it throughout this thread since it came out. Definitely in my shortlist of favorite films. Sooooo good.

Big Short, the book was brilliant, movie not quite there but still very good. Lewis obviously is a talented writer, so I wasn't expecting the film to match. I've yet to read Liar's Poker, but that's been on my radar for a while.

Last edited:
Back on the topic of background movies...one of my top background noise movies might be Armageddon :lol:

Old people watch cbs. Besides the bigger budget and marketing, that show wasn't going to flourish on that network. Makes way more sense to have all their shows on cw.

Like CW is their network, why have the shows anywhere else? Black Lightning on Fox, Constantine on NBC, etc? why?
Cuz there's only so many days in a week, only so many hrs of air time?

I mean outside of comic based shows they do have other original shows that do well. What are they suppose to do? Cancel them to replace with Gotham and Constantine? :x

Bloodline cancelled
frown.gif

Meanwhile stupid shows like "The Ranch" get renewed.

Spare me the budget talk, i know...

but still
mean.gif

At least we get a 3rd season to close out the show.
I"m okay with this if they are going to do a 3rd, though.

Can they go much further without straining the characters souls? I don't know that I'd want to watch much more of them sinking tbh. 

GOod with this....

Just saw they got a Q& A documentary on Netflix with Gregory peck.. Gotta check it out, one of my favorite actors ever

So sad how to kill a mockingbird is still so relevent today however many years later

Just saw on the news a story mentioning olivia wilde being mad at nyc subway riders. I looked up the story and there was a story title about her being a famed feminist. I thought it was going to be about subway riders being creepy but she was ranting on twitter because no one gave up their seat to her. What kinda entitled bs is that? You don't get special treatment just because you're knocked up. A guy replied and said no one asked her to get preggo, she's rich and can afford an uber, he paid the same amount for his mta ticket as her. She got mad and told him to eat a bag of richards, john legend went and agreed with her like a proper p-whipped guy.

The end cuts of the Nocturnal Animals trailer sold me, cinematography looks beautiful in some shots.

Bloodline is trash tho.

Relax Mr. Robot boot-licker. :tongue:

Mr robot is in a different class then the trash called bloodline. With that said I barely got through 2 episodes of bloodline before I threw in the towel. Some of the most boring TV I've ever seen.

Relax man, i know how defensive Mr.Robot stans are i see it on twitter all day :lol:
I like the show. Yes, i watch it too.

I just dont bow down to it like its Breaking Bad greatness or even close.
Its good, not Godly like some portray it as, IMHO.

And Bloodline requires patience, everyone who is a fan admits the first few eps were slow. Its not meant for people who need immediate action, its driven through dialogue and acting. These shows are all subjective to our tastes man.
You dont have to call something you dont like trash, just say its not your cup of tea.
You not liking it doesnt mean its horrible. :lol:

Zik be hyping the hell out of Penny Dreadfull, i thought it was boring as hell.
But obviously it has a large following, so im sure its a good show...just not for me. :lol:

Last edited:
Just saw on the news a story mentioning olivia wilde being mad at nyc subway riders. I looked up the story and there was a story title about her being a famed feminist. I thought it was going to be about subway riders being creepy but she was ranting on twitter because no one gave up their seat to her. What kinda entitled bs is that? You don't get special treatment just because you're knocked up. A guy replied and said no one asked her to get preggo, she's rich and can afford an uber, he paid the same amount for his mta ticket as her. She got mad and told him to eat a bag of richards, john legend went and agreed with her like a proper p-whipped guy.
In NYC you're suppose to give up your seat on public transportation to pregnant women and senior citizens. There are announcements and signs that instruct passengers to do so.

Conductors and drivers can and will kick you off if you don't. You can even get arrested under certain circumstances.

Of course it's a very NYcer thing to not give up your seat and pretend you don't see them :lol:

Has nothing to do with being entitled. Its just common courtesy and has been this way for a while for anybody growing up here.

Bloodline is trash tho.

Relax Mr. Robot boot-licker. :tongue:

Mr robot is in a different class then the trash called bloodline. With that said I barely got through 2 episodes of bloodline before I threw in the towel. Some of the most boring TV I've ever seen.

Relax man, i know how defensive Mr.Robot stans are i see it on twitter all day :lol:
I like the show. Yes, i watch it too.

I just dont bow down to it like its Breaking Bad greatness or even close.
Its good, not Godly like some portray it as, IMHO.

And Bloodline requires patience, everyone who is a fan admits the first few eps were slow. Its not meant for people who need immediate action, its driven through dialogue and acting. These shows are all subjective to our tastes man.
You dont have to call something you dont like trash, just say its not your cup of tea.
You not liking it doesnt mean its horrible. :lol:

Zik be hyping the hell out of Penny Dreadfull, i thought it was boring as hell.
But obviously it has a large following, so im sure its a good show...just not for me. :lol:
Only if you want to be nice about it.

If I think something is trash or horrible its kinda clear in here it's trash and horrible to me.

Like the Fast and the Furious.

On another note, I can totally get Penny Dreadful being boring to some. Its a horror supernatural series that does not have mass appeal.

Last edited:
It's actually a rule? I honestly don't remember seeing or hearing it. I've given up my seat to old people before. Plenty of times i've seen pregnant women get on and stand the whole time and they don't seem to mind. If i've been walking all day and tired, i'm not giving up my seat to anybody though. I'll have my earbuds in and stare at a spot on the wall. Standing up on a packed train with everyone in your personal space is not fun.

I've seen plenty pregnant woman elect to stand even after offered a seat but that's their choice.

Some get really big, maybe have more than one kid, swollen ankles and will basically give that look that they're tired to get a seat.

I've never really had to give up my seat but that cuz I'm usually sleeping on the train or pretending to. I've never been on a train where a pregnant women came on and nobody offered her a seat.

Would've been better than a comedy movie if someone gave up their seat and it was next to one of those subway fappers.

^^^ Eat a bag of ***** is never a compelling response to anything IMO. Sorry, Olivia.

As someone born and raised in LA, I have very limited experience with public transportation, but I think I probably would give up a seat to a preggo lady or senior citizen. But I wouldn't really have a problem with someone who didn't.

Back
Top Bottom