Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Remember the Titans
The Replacements
WHite Men Can't Jump
Space Jam
He Got Game

My quick five off the top of my head

Not to topic jack, but what's everyone's favorite rocky movie?

Or how does everyone rank em.. Growing up rocky IV was easily my favorite, but rocky III has moved up the list as time has gone on

And creed is easily the best thing since IV

And then you obviously had the shift since the first film

Going think about my favorite sports movies and get back.. Also going think about my rocky order

Your top 6 Sports films

In no order

Rocky
Creed
Cinderella Man
Field of Dreams
The Sandlot
Space Jam

I got 3 boxing films and i've never been a fan of that sport.

rocky
remember the titans
sandlot
little giants
he got game
major league

I do not remember seeing any Rocky movie but Creed is
smokin.gif
how...

Not to topic jack, but what's everyone's favorite rocky movie?

Or how does everyone rank em.. Growing up rocky IV was easily my favorite, but rocky III has moved up the list as time has gone on

And creed is easily the best thing since IV

And then you obviously had the shift since the first film
Favorite: Rocky IV. The set up for redemption and pay off at the end... 
smokin.gif

I'd rank them IV > I > III/Balboa > II and then I have to mention V since it's in the series, but I wish I could leave it out. Like in the Simpsons, I learned the Roman numerals through Rocky. 
roll.gif

As a Rocky fan, I loved Creed. I'd put it next to Rocky I if it was ranked in the Rocky continuum. 

Slightly embarrassed to admit that I still haven't gotten to either Rocky Balboa or Creed. And I barely remember Rocky V, which I only saw once. So, that said, my rankings would be

IV
I
III
II
V . . . subject to modification once I see Balboa and Creed.

little disappointed blue chips or the program hasnt been at least honorable mentioned yet.. or white men cant jump.. hell even above the rim

senna was good and so was rush, but wouldn't include them.. since I consider that more of a tremendous skill, yes I know how hard to is

also does a movie like teen wolf count?

and we including documentaries? like 'no no' or 'the u' or any 30 for 30

also go the big lewoski or caddyshack or the decent sandler movies.. hell the Dangerfield diving moving

top 8, in no order:

tin cup

rudy

(if it counts) the big lebowski

white men cant jump

Friday night lights (the show being great too should give it extra points)

major league

rocky IV

caddyshack (was tempted to go with varsity blues here.. also was very tempted to go with dazed and confused, if that counted)

raging bull while a great movie is just hard to watch.. brutal

goal was also good.. green street hooligans is good, not sure that REALLY counts thou (ditto jerry Maguire).. the natural, field of dreams and hoosiers weren't really for me, ditto chariots of fire

'when we were kings' is very close to be on my list.. need to rewatch 'hoop dreams'.. league of their own was great also

mighty ducks movies were all of our childhoods.. also got sandlot

then you go the two prefontaine movies.. that cycling movie, breaking away.. the Disney ones, remember the titans and miracle

Last edited:
If documentaries are included, I would definitely have to add Hoop Dreams to my list.

Yup.

Hoop Dreams

Rocky

Remember the Titans

The Sandlot

Creed

Warrior (Credit to GetBack for mentioning it because I forgot about it)

Rocky movies are hard to narrow down because IV is clearly not as good as I and II.. but it's so over the top and ridiculous that it earns a higher spot based on that.

I > II > Creed >>>>>>> III >>Rocky Balboa>> IV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> V

Is how they break down to me... IV might rank higher on my personal list, but based on quality that's what it's at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom