Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just got my new Entertainment Weekly with Game of Thrones on the cover (to be specific, Danearys and Jon Snow). I haven't been this excited for the start of a TV show in a while. I'm ready.
Maaaan I re-watched Season 2 last week in two days.. :lol: :smh: The next two seasons should play out great on TV. I can't wait.

I've given Phantom Menace another look the last two nights... It's only recognizable as Star Wars because of Lightsabers and R2D2. :lol: Nevermind how crappy the story here is.. It doesn't even look or feel like Star Wars. Crappy droids, pod racers, JarJar and those dumb *** fish things flinging paint balls in the biggest action sene of the entire movie... Ugh.

A&E got the serial killer fever now too. Just seen some commercials for the Bates Motel. I don't know why or who got the rights but it seems to be exploring Norman Bates teenage years with his mom alive running the place banging mad dudes, possibly banging the kid, and all those awkward moments we go through during puberty, etc.

Don't know how I feel about it.

I watched Troy again a few days ago :smokin for the most part. I'll look to fit a re-watch of Gladiator next. Any other modern day movies in that vein?

Also tried just watching The Lord of the Rings. Realized I never did watch that trilogy or bothered to get back with it, gave it a chance after all that hobbit talk, same with the Harry Potter movies.

Do Game of Thrones and Spartacus: Blood and Sand count?
Cuz they'd be at the top of the list then. :lol:

Kingdom of Heaven...if you can get past Orlando Bloom, it's a pretty great movie. But make sure you watch the director's cut.

13 Assassins is great. Japanese flick.

I guess 300 is cool for what it is...Hero? Apocalypto, maybe?...Valhalla Rising? I dunno...

Last edited:
Hero. That movie blew me away. Absolutely gorgeous film. Can't do it justice with words, just watch it if anyone runs across it.

Chocolate too. Best martial art movie I seen til Raid came out.

I tried to watch hero but I couldn't sit through it. I fast forwarded to the fight scenes.

I tried to watch hero but I couldn't sit through it. I fast forwarded to the fight scenes.
Can't stand movies with subtitles?
iJRJu4qrH9AbY.gif

I watch a LOT of media(anime, music videos, tv, movies, etc) that have subs.

I haven't seen either of those movies.

I got the movies' trailers mixed up.

I thought that Jason Statham was in leon the pro.

What did you guys think of The Man With Iron Fist?

i think RZA should have cast someone else instead of himself.

Also i think this movie would have done alot better at the box office if the plan to have his character cameo in Django would have come to fruition.

What did you guys think of The Man With Iron Fist?

i think RZA should have cast someone else instead of himself.

Also i think this movie would have done alot better at the box office if the plan to have his character cameo in Django would have come to fruition.

I liked it cos it stayed in it's lane and didn't try to reinvent the wheel.

I agree that he should've cast someone else in the part.

This screenshot is from lock, stock and two smoking barrels right?
one of my favorite movies..

the professional that is..

jean reno and gary oldman are incredible

the action is incredible.

fell in love with natalie ever since.

I watched The Professional the other day after watching Oldman in The Contender. There are so many great moments in that flick....

I'm kinda intrigued by Olympus Has Fallen. Antoine Fuqua is a decent director & this cast is nice. Here's a red band clip from the movie.

I recommended that movie a long time ago. Very very good movie. One of the things a lot of people don't know too much are the atrocities the Japanese committed during WWII. I'll embed the trailer for you.

I totally agree with what someone said about Killing Them Softly the cinematography was superb. Thought Looper had it on lock but this surpassed it. I've been trying to get people in my circle to see Life Of Pi but its like pulling teeth.

Those of you who haven't saw Shawshank and don't plan to...at least read the short story. It was awesome.

I finally saw Chinatown a few weeks ago and I can totally understand the hype it gets for greatest movie of all-time in some circles. The story had many layers which most if not all of the points of the layers attributing to the plot solved. Polanski also did a great job directing. I plan on watching the Two Jakes as soon as Spring Break starts. FINALLY I also got my hands on the "A Better Tomorrow" series. Can't wait to watch that again.

Last edited:
Yeah the more I see about Olympus has Fallen the more I want to see it. I need a good action flick to get the bad taste of the last Die Hard out of my mouth

I recommended that movie a long time ago. Very very good movie. One of the things a lot of people don't know too much are the atrocities the Japanese committed during WWII. I'll embed the trailer for you.
Yeah **** was crazy man. N it wasnt just China, the filpinos, koreans, n others i didnt even know about suffered from the Japanese. and here i thought the holocaust of the jews was bad.

Back
Top Bottom