Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Caught Olympus Has Fallen...

I can see why the critics hate it, but you have to head into the movie knowing you gotta turn your brain off to enjoy it. It's mindless action, but it serves its purpose. Just as someone described, the scene where they're taking the White House is INTENSE. :smokin :x :smokin The machine guns, the suicide bombers, the missiles.

So many errors though. :lol: An unidentified plane would never be able to get as close as it did without being shot down, and it couldn't just fly over D.C. like that unscathed after taking down just 2 planes. Like c'mon. :lol:

DK from Tokyo Drift was a perfect bad guy. There's no way THAT guy could ever play a good character. His voice and demeanor just screams villain.

Gerard Butler didn't offer much of an acting performance, but he went Jack Bauer on the role which was cool to see.

Anyone else surprised by how much gore there was?

Last edited:
dawn of the dead the original greatest zombie movie ever

shia beat down scene alone is worth watching lawless but i loved hardy in it as well.

first time i saw hardy was when he played handsome bob
laugh.gif
poor gerard

and will smith with a big ego. his loss. this the same dude that got banged by a white guy in a movie? yea bro that damaged your image huh?
What are some other good zombie movies.

Is the scene I'm about to describe from 28 days later or something else?

In this scene, the main character is running away from zombies while outside. The zombies can run. He gets away by getting on a boat.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

In this scene, the main character is running away from zombies while outside. The zombies can run. He gets away by getting on a boat.
28 Weeks Later. It's the opening. Great movie that's under appreciated because it didnt match the level that 'Days' set.

Others good ones:
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Snow
Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Dance of the Dead (small budget indie film, surprisingly good for what it was)
Dead Alive
Pontypool (really different take on the genre, really interesting if you stay with it)

28 Weeks Later. It's the opening. Great movie that's under appreciated because it didnt match the level that 'Days' set.

Others good ones:
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Snow
Zombieland
Dead Alive
Pontypool (really different take on the genre, really interesting if you stay with it)

Ah man, I HATED Dead Snow. I don't get all the praise it gets. I really don't.

I agree with Dance of the Dead though, I was SHOCKED it was so good, considering how low budget it was.

Of the ones he mentioned, if you're going to see any of those, Dawn remake, Shaun of the Dead, and Zombieland are great.

And yes, 28 Weeks Later was vastly underrated. 28 Days was about as close to a modern horror masterpiece as we'll probably ever see, but 28 Weeks was great and never let up.

If I can throw a few more recommendations in there if you can't get enough...

The Dead: It's not acted very well, and the script isn't the best, but the setting and tone achieve what few zombie films do.
Juan of the Dead: Almost as good as Shaun of the Dead, except made for Latin American audiences.
Romero trilogy: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. I'm surprised so many people don't know about the latter two, but the first two are essentials.

Noskey, have you heard of or seen Ganja & Hess? I picked it up on a whim because Duane Jones of Night of the Living Dead fame is in it. Man, it's a trip. I saw it like five months ago and still am not sure what to think of the film. It was considered a lost film for a while, so the surviving print isn't in the best shape, but it's a gritty film for it's time. If you got Netflix, it's definitely worth a rental.

Also, you seen "I Saw the Devil"? Let me know what you thought of it if you did.

GoT has some of the best dialogue and characters of any show that I've seen.

The action is pretty lame.

The main thing that interested me is the character interactions.

Those make the show for me.

The fantasy aspect hasn't peaked my interest yet.

GoT really is entertaining but I think I flew through the first season so fast I couldn't truly appreciate it.

Dude said he can't watch shows from 99 because of the old school look. :lol: damn that makes me feel old.

"The Doll" episode in Curb. (Season 2) is probably the funniest episode I have ever watched in history.

The ending had me in tears for a good 10 minutes man lmaoooo. Larry Davis is such a **** up but its so funny

Caught Olympus Has Fallen...

I can see why the critics hate it, but you have to head into the movie knowing you gotta turn your brain off to enjoy it. It's mindless action, but it serves its purpose. Just as someone described, the scene where they're taking the White House is INTENSE. :smokin :x :smokin The machine guns, the suicide bombers, the missiles.

So many errors though. :lol: An unidentified plane would never be able to get as close as it did without being shot down, and it couldn't just fly over D.C. like that unscathed after taking down just 2 planes. Like c'mon. :lol:

DK from Tokyo Drift was a perfect bad guy. There's no way THAT guy could ever play a good character. His voice and demeanor just screams villain.

Gerard Butler didn't offer much of an acting performance, but he went Jack Bauer on the role which was cool to see.

Anyone else surprised by how much gore there was?

It's not DK, it's Johnny Tran from the first one. And yeah, movie was so violent :lol: It was really entertaining though

Last edited:
Here's an interesting fact about Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine. David Letterman banned him from his show back in 1998 when he found him going through Meryl Streep's purse.

James Franco appeared on Letterman last night & acted as his ambassador by saying about Korine, "I think he had a period where he was going a little off the rails, so maybe he was on something that night." After defending him some more saying Korine was a "sane guy now", Dave rescinded the ban.

Others good ones:
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Snow
Zombieland
Dead Alive

I heard rumblings of 28 months later..... Any truth ? :nerd:

Others good ones:
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Snow
Zombieland
Dead Alive

I heard rumblings of 28 months later..... Any truth ? :nerd:

That's really dumb. You're right. Blame it on Twilight. Seems like that was the first series to do it.

That could be the remake of Dawn of the Dead from 04, too.

Last edited:
"The Doll" episode in Curb. (Season 2) is probably the funniest episode I have ever watched in history.

The ending had me in tears for a good 10 minutes man lmaoooo. Larry Davis is such a **** up but its so funny
JUDY!

Susie was letting Larry and Jeff have it that episode 
laugh.gif

That's really dumb. You're right. Blame it on Twilight. Seems like that was the first series to do it.
GTA4 did that stuff, they had like a 30min countdown commerical, and it was a countdown to teaser sneak peek trailer or something. I don't remember exact details but it was dumb and really unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom