Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Spring Breakers got rave reviews from the festival circuit.

I'm somewhat surprised by this. The trailer made it look like the typical kind of mindless, pandering product that MTV puts out. But I've also heard good things about it. I seriously doubt I'll see it in the theater, but I'll probably check it out when it comes to cable.

What happened here? Links to here????

Whoops. 6 Reasons Why Jedi Could Be Villains In a 'Star Wars' Movie

Spring Breakers got rave reviews from the festival circuit.

I'm somewhat surprised by this. The trailer made it look like the typical kind of mindless, pandering product that MTV puts out. But I've also heard good things about it. I seriously doubt I'll see it in the theater, but I'll probably check it out when it comes to cable.

My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:
has anyone seen this documentary 

Bill Cunningham New York.  I watched it last night and was blown away.

I've never seen someone so genuinely passionate about what they do.

CP, don't play dumb. From an outsider's perspective, this doesn't look like a movie thread. The word movie isn't even until the end of the title. 

People in the thread about nothing have mentioned they had no idea this was a movie thread and as a result, they haven't clicked until later. And I think that's by design. It's already in the General forum, I don't think there's anything left to fight.

Last edited:
:lol: Jesus Christ.

New thread title idea:

"Follow with me, click the title, then scroll to the bottom and click add post, then type words about movies you like, then click post."

Would that make it easier for people to post in a thread, on a message board? What do I need next, engraved invitations? Carrier pigeons? Our own batsignal?

****, I put GENERAL MOVIE THREAD and got yelled at. THEN I changed it again to combine 3-4 suggestions.

Why does this thread demand hand ******g written instructions on how to post in it? God damn. :smh:

I updated the OP to reflect the thread. For the love of God stop asking for how to post in a thread, IN GENERAL. We're just another thread of 57,000 others.

This is a movie and tv show thread. You can write reviews, ask for advice on what to watch, list pick ups on DVD or Blu Ray, post info on new incoming movies you're excited for, list favorite movies/shows, just general discussion with other movie/tv fans.

The spoilers show some of the work done in this thread. Tell all your friends.

I updated the OP to reflect the thread. For the love of God stop asking for how to post in a thread, IN GENERAL. We're just another thread of 57,000 others.

I think that was above and beyond what you needed to do. Fact is that we've added multiple new regulars to this thread since the switch to General. If they could figure out what the thread's about, I don't see why anyone else can't.

The exaggeration doesn't translate well online, because you sound silly right now.
laugh.gif

"Jesus Christ"... "God damn"... just relax. You didn't get "yelled at" when you changed it to General Movie Thread. The confusion over moving the thread would have meant anything would be complained about. And this isn't insulting or throwing shots or anything other than talk.. so don't overreact like it's more than that. If we're being honest, this thread title is quite obscure and it's not impossible to believe those who didn't follow it in S&T would be slightly  confused by the title alone. Just click on it and scroll to the bottom? Ok.. the first page, other than your detailed edits to the first post, are all  sports related. 

No one is asking for anything besides a simple thread title. The title of the Breaking Bad thread isn't "It's grade school t-ball vs. the New York Yankees presents a Breaking Bad thread". It's just Breaking Bad Final Season.

The frustration really isn't necessary and I don't quite understand it. If you don't want to change it, that's fine, no one is forcing you. But it's convoluted... that's what some have complained about. 

Last edited:

Oh, there is NO question that we COULD get into that. Ab-so-freaking-lutely.

But will Disney do that? No. It would "tear down" everything George built.

Bottom line, good guys have to win, always. We all know that about movies, but it's why Empire Strikes Back was so great, the good guys got their ***** kicked.

Later on in the books (not mentioned in your link) the new admiral chick has a convo with Luke who has worked hard to rebuild the Jedi. She speaks flat out about Episode IV, when he first met Ben. She says two Jedi walk into a bar, a fight breaks out, and a Jedi cuts a mans arm off. The Jedi leaves, however he wants, when he wants, without being questioned. No police interview, no military involvement, he cuts an arm off, and walks, free. He's a Jedi, can't touch him. Luke sees it as simple, yes, Ben was a good man, he was a great Jedi. She counters with, so was Anakin Skywalker. How do WE know when a Jedi blurs the line between right, wrong, fair or not?

That my friend, is where the galaxy CAN go. Will it ever? I doubt it. I doubt we will ever get to see the "Jedi way" questioned, we'll just see good guy, bad guy. Good v Evil. But anyone that is a true fan of the series knows that you COULD chop it up real good in this whole Sith v Jedi thing and make BRILLIANT films about it.

Now, I paraphrased alot of that convo, there was much more to it, but put it this way, I couldn't stop reading that ****. Luke's whole ideal was ****** up. And as we all know, Luke is a "good" guy.

Luke also turned to the Dark Side once. :nerd:

I'll stop there. :lol:

I think that was above and beyond what you needed to do. Fact is that we've added multiple new regulars to this thread since the switch to General. If they could figure out what the thread's about, I don't see why anyone else can't.

Exactly. I have NO IDEA why I should give a flying **** what people in the thread about nothing are confused about.

They are in a thread about nothing, how do they know what to post? :lol:

I ain't mad at you J, but I'm tired of still being asked to change the title this way or that way when I've already done it MULTIPLE times. I had to deal with PM's, mods getting frustrated with me, the regs trying to keep it the way it was, fiting in the new people, and after how ever many months, all over again people are complaining? :smh:

Post or don't post. Not sure, come in and ask, yo, what this joint about? Have I not answered multiple times to multiple people when they ask that? I've PM'd people that had questions, I've sent invites, I've explained it in detail. As I said, engraved invites required? A secret decoder ring?

......Well allow me a movie thread by S&T.

So confusing. :smh:

I'm not really surprised, the trailer does really make it look like an awful movie. but Harmony Korine's a pretty good director.

CP, don't play dumb. From an outsider's perspective, this doesn't look like a movie thread. The word movie isn't even until the end of the title. 

People in the thread about nothing have mentioned they had no idea this was a movie thread and as a result, they haven't clicked until later. And I think that's by design. It's already in the General forum, I don't think there's anything left to fight.
Not sure why we should care what they have to say? We've already addressed the title situation and given the previous compromise I see no reason to change it again or even talk about it.

Last edited:
Now I understand what "well allow bladdity blah" means.

What does "oh I'm sorry bladdity blah" mean?

Not sure why we should care what they have to say? We've already addressed the title situation and given the previous compromise I see no reason to change it again or even talk about it.

Yea, that's funky logic.
It says movie thread in the title.
You're saying they did come into the thread, figured out what it was and left cuz of the title?
Because after they went into the thread and maybe didn't post, that's what stopped them?

It's not like the title says "Delete" or anything.

Back
Top Bottom