Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

**** me runnin.........I just put something together in my head........

Summer 2015

Star Wars 7
Avengers 2
Justice League

3 of the biggest blockbusters in the world, and then........

Fast & Furious 7 would be coming out as well. :wow: :rofl: :pimp:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I need 2015 to get here already.

It sure was, I know we've all seen the Pocahontas pic.

I'm watching looper right now and so far I'm not seeing anything great. Hopefully it picks up

Most who didn't like Looper are judging it for what it wasn't, rather than what it is. Their expectations affected their viewing too much.

It's not perfect and the time travel issues can affect the payoff (Mr O), but I didn't mind and enjoyed it.

I can see that. I watched it because of the 91 percent it got on rotten tomatoes, and all the hype it got, and it didn't live up to that. It's a good movie though, I just went in expecting to have my mind blown and that did not happen

Currently watchng Sons of Anarchy and Neg couldn't be more correct. Season 2 is absolutely amazing where as season 3 is the complete opposite. Just getting started on Season 4 so hopefully it gets it back on track. Watching Zodiac right now....

i tried to watch The Master but i just couldn't finish it..

i made it to the one hour mark if that means anything.

I despise Avatar, it literally is the most over rated movie ever made.

I have to agree. I really can't bring myself to believe its the highest grossing movie of all time. I don't get it. At all. Admittedly, I didn't see it in the theaters, which I'm sure is part if the problem. But if a movie is really that good, you should have to see it in 3D to really appreciate it. Right?

I have to agree. I really can't bring myself to believe its the highest grossing movie of all time. I don't get it. At all. Admittedly, I didn't see it in the theaters, which I'm sure is part if the problem. But if a movie is really that good, you should have to see it in 3D to really appreciate it. Right?

3D sucks.

Exactly. Its just garbage and the effects just blinded the masses from the truth. Seeing it on DVD was better because then I actually paid attention to what was going on. I fell asleep on that movie twice before I got to struggle through it until the end. If it was my DVD I would have snapped it in half

While plenty of 3D is an obvious cash grab, certain movies aren't the same without it. 

Avatar is a prime example. Movies like that, Prometheus, etc., I made sure to see it in 3D because that's the intention of the director and it's not the same. The story, the acting, the characters, pretty much all the non-technical aspects were either fine/acceptable or just bad. 

I've never seen anything like Avatar in IMAX 3D... it stands alone on a visual level of what I thought a movie could look like.

Exactly. Its just garbage and the effects just blinded the masses from the truth. Seeing it on DVD was better because then I actually paid attention to what was going on. I fell asleep on that movie twice before I got to struggle through it until the end. If it was my DVD I would have snapped it in half
But I don't think you'll find a majority of people who said Avatar is the best film they've ever seen... or even the best of the last few years. Box office numbers do not reflect quality of movie. 

You can't say seeing it on DVD was better because you didn't see it in theaters... so you have no idea what the movie looked like in IMAX 3D. It goes back to the argument people had awhile back that seeing a movie in theaters isn't the same as at home. Even if you have the best home theater set up, if you didn't have it in 3D it's still not the same. And even then  you might not get the full sense of immersion that the theater could replicate. It's the same thing as saying "Would you enjoy The Avengers better on a 14 inch laptop or in a theater with surround sound?". Sure, you might be paying more attention to the plot, but you'd be missing the action experience. 

You can't just ignore the sights and sounds of a movie, they can be as important as the characters and plot. Yes, Avatar relies on the visuals more than the rest, but they're still important to the movie... and they're the reason people saw the movie. No, it wasn't Star Wars or Jaws that combined the blockbuster spectacle with a great plot/characters/etc., but it was a visual feat nonetheless.

Visually, nothing tops it. Story was too predictable.
Never understood what ppl liked about it. The popularity of this movie really clued me in to the fact that most ppl will eat up any kind of crap as long as it looks nice even if it has no story to it.

I can never say Avatar is even a good movie.

Back
Top Bottom