Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was thinking this the other day, can anybody say which decade was Cruise’s PRIME? I don’t I can pinpoint his peak. Dude has equally dominated every decade since the 80’s.

80’s - rain man, top gun, risky business, born on the 4th of July. all iconic and could be considered his prime.

90’s- few good men, mission impossible, the firm, Jerry McGuire, interview with a vampire, eyes wide shut. All iconic, legendary quotes and all. Could be considered his prime.

2000’s- more mission impossibles but also BLOCKBUSTERS like minority report, war of the worlds. Critically acclaimed hits like vanilla sky, collateral, last samurai. This is when no actor on the planet could compete with his box office numbers. Could be considered his prime yes?

2010’s- more of the same from the previous decade, but even bigger box office numbers. MI fallout, rogue nation, and ghost protocol. Edge of tomorrow?

Then you start to think he’s done for, too old. Mans hits the 2020’s and releases the highest grossing film of his career in Top Gun Maverick; $1.5 BILLY!! HAS THIS MAN EVEN HIT HIS PEAK YET???

LeBron of movies.

If they stick one last Mission Impossible and he does Top Gun 3, he's easily solidified five full decades.

I think 90's is probably his peak run tho. Few Good Men, Jerry, Vampire, Firm and first MI is elite variety + Oscar level + action star + Franchise start.

As an action star, the 90s.

As a movie star, the 2000s.

The 80s was just his start. Can't really call it Cruise's prime.

I wouldn’t call it that myself either. Just saying it could be argued. His 80’s roles were some of the most iconic roles in all of American cinema ya know?

Currently, first time

IMG_4590.jpeg
I’m blowing through Depp pictures where he’s not playing a character, shame he didn’t do it more. This is the last I’d guess Kate Winslet looks like Rose, she’ll take your breath away. Depp plays a playwright toward a story everyone will know.

Her kids 🤌

6/8

This documentary right here is WILD.
They’re interviewing a SEAL TEAM member who went in 2003. There was a SCIENTIST stranded there and his team had to apprehend him and his discoveries and bring him home. He tells of this massive structure they traverse through with portals and electricity, they apprehend the SCIENTIST who was NOT stranded he just refused to leave as there was so much there to be studied.

They took his discoveries and left him there and came back home. That’s the short version. He speculates that there are several Alien Species there, specifically the ones who seeded Homo Sapien Sapien. Humans. Us.

:lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::lol::lol:
Documentary is going to do
N U M B E R S,
because
'speculates' = 'knows.'
🤣😂🤦‍♂️
Documentary definitely doing one thing and it’s not numbers.

On the other hand, I really should be more careful of my words. Specifically speculate.
Now that I watch it as background noise while I bathe this mutt of mine- Never once does he use the word or insinuate, speculation.
Buddy said his first cousin, is on a 2year contract off world, and it’s not outer space.

Man, I had something I wanted to ask you just yesterday and never made it to NT, I should have wrote it down.

Back
Top Bottom