Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1692325669705.jpeg

Just finished…wtf?

wedding crashers
super bad
anchorman
tropic thunder
old school
mean girls
the new guy
just friends
ace ventura
the mask
land of the lost
accepted
something about mary
zoolander
sex drive
hangover
home alone
tag
blockers
coming to america
dumb and dumber
Phenomenal

• Haha
Reactions: sb
What are your top 5 comedies?
Actually, I'm amending my previous post because I just realized something: When I think of comedies, I only think of things that I've watched with my son. Of course, he's 15 now so I can watch more mature content with him now, like Oppenheimer a few weeks ago, but that definitely hasn't been the last decade or so. When I think of comedies, I've only thought of the things I've watched with him.

So my amended list:

COMEDY: Family
1. Scott Pilgrim
2. Elf
3. The Mask
4. Ace Ventura
5. What About Bob?

Barely missed:
O Brother, Where Art Thou
Lego Movie
Deadpool
The entire F&F franchise

COMEDY: Adult
1. Trading Places
2. Rush Hour
3. Hangover
4. 40-Year-Old Virgin
5. Horrible Bosses

Barely missed, but not funnier then those 5:
TAG
Lethal Weapon
Major League
Cocaine Bear
21 Jump Street
Baywatch

Top 4 (no order)
Tropic Thunder
Wedding Crashers
Old School
Superbad

Can't decide for #5
South Park Movie
Hangover
Super Troopers
Major League
21 Jump Street
Big Lebowski

Finally finished SCREAM4
About to read a recap to understand why they said Jill Roberts was the sole survivor, then I’m Watching5

What are your top 5 comedies?
And the list nobody wants but I don't want that damn boat talked about ever again but here we are:

COMEDY? Tuh. I barely chuckled:
Supertroopers
Napoleon Dynamite
This Is The End
Tropic Thunder
Semipro
Anchorman
Talladega Nights
Old School
All Will Ferrell movies except Elf & Lego
American Pie
Zoolander
White Chicks
Whole Jay & Silent Bob line
Superbad

Speaking of comedies has anyone seen Clerks 3? I've heard its funny, nostalgic and sad also. Have been meaning to catch it.

as far as comedy movies that came out that year, I'd rather watch.....

Balls of Fury
Blades of Glory
Planet Terror
Enchanted
HairSpray.
I forgot about Blades of Glory. That was decently funny. Might need to give that a rewatch soon.

Maybe 'need' isn't the right word.

Reactions: sb
Friday
Half Baked
Pineapple Express
Life
Naked Gun 2 1/2

No order except Friday is 1.

This is a list that rotates constantly but this is what I’m feeling right now.

Haven't heard anything good about Babylon so outside of the cast I'm not seeing a real reason to spend 3 hrs on this.
I liked it better on the second watch. There's something there for sure. I just don't think the vision and the edit was conducive to a 3-hour movie. It was just a slog to get through different movie of course, but compare it to Oppenheimer or even Dune. We're just the runtime did not feel the same and to me that comes down to the pacing and editing. And maybe you could argue as a stylistic choice. But if I can't sit down and pay attention for 3 hours for your movie, we got problems. Separately, this movie does a lot of good things. Good score and soundtrack. Great actors and performances. I just feel like they didn't know what they wanted it to be

Back
Top Bottom