Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Primal Fear: 7/8

Laura Linney is overrated, her best work is The Truman Show. She is lucky to be cast in this and Ozark. Sad woman!

But, explain though.
So first off, the explanation to my Barbie opinion is simple: I support anything that addresses and also makes any attempt at breaking down power structures & privilege. I didn't know going in that the movie had the angle that it does.

So my opinion Oppenheimer: First off, people take 'It was decent' as an insult. 'It was terrible' is an insult, and that's not what I said, so I hope that's being understood. From a critical standpoint, it was a well made movie. For me personally, however, I thought certain subplots were choppy in their presentation and I thought others were rushed. And the entire 'significant other' conflict of subplot, I think that added unnecessary run time to the movie and I don't think it moved the story forward one single bit. 'It just helps paint a more complete picture of who Oppenheimer was, because he is the name of the movie.' I didn't say that the significant other angle accomplished nothing; I said I don't see how it pushed the overall story forward. Knowing who Oppenheimer is in history, I don't need to know every single detail of his life, like how he prefers his steak or in which order he puts on his shoes. I thought the significant other subplot of the movie was completely unnecessary and just made the movie longer and added another subplot that made the other subplots a little confusing.

Third, that the American powers that be are conniving, deceptive, evil tyrants who have mastered the game of looking like diplomatic saviors was not a concept I needed spelled out to me.

Again, I'm not saying it was terrible... but I know people are going to read all of this and respond like I just said it's the worst movie I’ve ever seen. 😂

The choppy presentation you noted was the point of view.

Scenes in color were done from Opps point of view.
Scenes in black and white were from RDJ's point of view.

Nolan was bouncing between the two views making it choppy. Then adding the layer of his womanizing showed him as even messier than one might realize.

He even changed lenses based on these points of view. Real auteur ****.

So first off, the explanation to my Barbie opinion is simple: I support anything that addresses and also makes any attempt at breaking down power structures & privilege. I didn't know going in that the movie had the angle that it does.
My man :pimp: Greta held nothing back and I loved it.

:lol: wait for the blu ray this time.

But it helps explain why it's a lil bouncy. Two sides every coin type of vibe.

Nolan likely wins best director any other year, but fairly sure Greta gets this year.

Way too early for that. All the winners come in like November-December.

If anything killers of the flower moon about to clean house.

it's killing me not reading the Oppie posts yet (seeing it tomorrow night). don't want to go in with expectations/thoughts already floating around in my head

I remember when darthska darthska was confused why there was such excitement for Barbie. Y’all kept talking about Gosling this and Gosling that and I ain’t heard a peep about him from anyone.

will he be a working actor again, or is he guilty no matter what, in the public eye? House of cards byke?
IMG_1845.jpeg

guilty no matter what, in the public eye?
Once a group of people think they have something figured out about you, they will stay married to that idea for years. They cannot be convinced that they are wrong, and usually won't even consider ideas that conflict with they think they have figured out.

Speaking from personal experience.

Was listening to the radio and a commercial played about critics agreeing that oppenheimer is one of the best films of the century. Nah.

Back
Top Bottom