Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Terminator 2: 3D Battle Across Time @ Universal Studios Florida

1688233400875.gif

It’s my son’s birthday and we found out that a local country park had this travelling outdoor cinema - so tonight’s viewing is Grease!

IMG_5967.jpeg

The sun should drop behind the trees behind us shortly which will help the screen.

Super random, and no I haven't seen it lately but I have seen it multiple times and love it every time:

Count of Monte Cristo is an absolute gem.

YESSSS!!! I’m really not sure why it had zero fanfare when it came out. NOBODY watched it. Always thought it was pure flames and wondered if there was some sort of controversy when it released or something?

Set pieces and cinematography- SUPERB

Guy Pierce- iconic villain role

Caviezel- Solid solid dramatic acting, body transformation, believable in action scenes

Louis Guzman-always delivers memorable comedic/sidekick performance

Professor Dumbledore: always iconic

Henry Superman- first role maybe?

Michael Wincott- one of my favorite type cast villain actors of all time, doesn’t miss.

WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE WANT?!

YESSSS!!! I’m really not sure why it had zero fanfare when it came out. NOBODY watched it. Always thought it was pure flames and wondered if there was some sort of controversy when it released or something?

Set pieces and cinematography- SUPERB

Guy Pierce- iconic villain role

Caviezel- Solid solid dramatic acting, body transformation, believable in action scenes

Louis Guzman-always delivers memorable comedic/sidekick performance

Professor Dumbledore: always iconic

Henry Superman- first role maybe?

Michael Wincott- one of my favorite type cast villain actors of all time, doesn’t miss.

WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE WANT?!
This is one of the most knowledgeable breakdowns of The Count of Monte Cristo I’ve ever seen :lol:

It’s my son’s birthday and we found out that a local country park had this travelling outdoor cinema - so tonight’s viewing is Grease!

IMG_5967.jpeg

The sun should drop behind the trees behind us shortly which will help the screen.
No disrespect, but are you able to see the screen clearly from where you’re sitting?

No disrespect, but are you able to see the screen clearly from where you’re sitting?

Yeah, that was a wide shot - it’s a good size where we are. It’s about twice as big as it looks in that picture.

Alternate VHS cutscene from the home video version of Gremlins 2: New Batch

Cowboy Gremlin goes hard
E74976A8-2191-421F-8DE3-757C1C4B3C9A.jpeg

calibeebee calibeebee I love the “take you out of the movie, while in the movie” segments of Gremlins 2.

Funny how the Gremlins accept their own demise with a sense of humor.

Would you support the idea of a Gremlins 3? Maybe with Phoebe and Zach reprising their roles? It is very important that the gremlins are done right, though. No crazy amounts of CGI…

calibeebee calibeebee I love the “take you out of the movie, while in the movie” segments of Gremlins 2.

Funny how the Gremlins accept their own demise with a sense of humor.

Would you support the idea of a Gremlins 3? Maybe with Phoebe and Zach reprising their roles? It is very important that the gremlins are done right, though. No crazy amounts of CGI…

Would love to see a gremlins 3 and YES no crazy cgi. I could get behind a director like Jason Reitman who did ghostbusters afterlife. I feel like he did justice to his dads OG film. And I feel like Chris Columbus(OG gremlins), John Hughes, and Ivan Reitman all made similar films in the 80’s and 90’s so if anyone can pull off a ghostbusters sequel/reboot, they could probably do a fine job with the gremlins IP.

Maybe bring in the team behind the recent Dark Crystal series. Don’t know if you’ve seen that show or movie, but it relied on puppetry instead of computer animation, paying direct homage to Jim Hensons iconic and ground breaking Creature Shop.

Rewatching all of the Indiana Jones movies before seeing Dial of Destiny.

Temple of Doom is trashhhhhhhhhhh

Between Short Round repeating DOCTA JONES 5 seconds.. Willie screaming INNNNNNNNNDDDEEEEEEEEE non-stop, and absurdly offensive Indians eating monkey brains and voodoo, oh man, it's rough.

Rewatching all of the Indiana Jones movies before seeing Dial of Destiny.

Temple of Doom is trashhhhhhhhhhh

Between Short Round repeating DOCTA JONES 5 seconds.. Willie screaming INNNNNNNNNDDDEEEEEEEEE non-stop, and absurdly offensive Indians eating monkey brains and voodoo, oh man, it's rough.
Been doing that too with my girl.

We made it to Crystal Skull today…I wasn’t really trying to watch it but she said she remembered it being her favorite for some reason so we started it. Thankfully she came to her senses and realized it was **** and we stopped halfway :lol:

Would love to see a gremlins 3 and YES no crazy cgi. I could get behind a director like Jason Reitman who did ghostbusters afterlife. I feel like he did justice to his dads OG film. And I feel like Chris Columbus(OG gremlins), John Hughes, and Ivan Reitman all made similar films in the 80’s and 90’s so if anyone can pull off a ghostbusters sequel/reboot, they could probably do a fine job with the gremlins IP.

Maybe bring in the team behind the recent Dark Crystal series. Don’t know if you’ve seen that show or movie, but it relied on puppetry instead of computer animation, paying direct homage to Jim Hensons iconic and ground breaking Creature Shop.
I’ve never seen The Dark Crystal (1982). Would you recommend? Also, what does IP stand for?

Climax.... **** me my eyes are throbbing rn. Such a visually insane film but god damn Gaspar really pushed the camerawork and color saturation in those last 30 minutes. Very interesting and tense for such a small location kind of film. Won't watch again because it was an endurance test in the last sequence, but not mad at all. Idk/8

Climax.... **** me my eyes are throbbing rn. Such a visually insane film but god damn Gaspar really pushed the camerawork and color saturation in those last 30 minutes. Very interesting and tense for such a small location kind of film. Won't watch again because it was an endurance test in the last sequence, but not mad at all. Idk/8

Just got my second watch in a couple days ago. It’s a heavy watch but I enjoyed it.

Just back from Indiana Jones.

I enjoyed it - it’s fits well with the other 3.

Pretty neutral about Phoebe Waller-Jones - she wasn’t nearly as interesting as the women in the other ones but she was okay.

Like someone else said it could have lost 30 minutes and not been any worse.

The end totally brought it round for me though - I didn’t know
Marion was in this one
. Gave me goosebumps and nicely closed the story.

Indy 5 was ok, but it really staggered me how close we are to losing some real icons "soon" in our lifetimes. :frown:

Harrison, Jack, Denzel, Cruise, Keanu, Gene, Hanks, Sam, Morgan, ......I can't fathom the world with them all completely.......not them anymore. :smh:
But we aren't far off from that reality.

Even seeing the younger Indy kinda made me think about it, especially compared to him bein damn near 75 now???? And here I am salivating at the Mission Impossible preview and it's not lost on me....pretty soon...... :frown:

The next 10ish years we could lose some true Goliath's of cinema. Gene and Jack are basically done working already, Eastwood also. **** I just realized I didn't even list De Niro, Pesci, Pacino......

F*** man. :frown:

I’ve yet to see a bad Oscar Issac project.
I might blow through his entire catalog.
Wonder if he’s 50films deep.

Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom