Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I'll be seeing it tonight.

Break it down for us when you get out. 

Kev, how far is "not very close by"?  I figured you would be one of the first to see this one. 

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I'll be seeing it tonight.

Break it down for us when you get out. 

Kev, how far is "not very close by"?  I figured you would be one of the first to see this one. 

i must be surrounded by "close minded dolts" here in central MA as i don't see that movie in any of the nearby theaters
laugh.gif

i must be surrounded by "close minded dolts" here in central MA as i don't see that movie in any of the nearby theaters
laugh.gif

my friend saw it said he absolutely hated it

didn't say it was super christian though. said existentialist and alot of philosophy. But the plot says it's a guy questioning christian beliefs so i guess it's in there a good amount

movie just came to m local queens independent theater so i'm gonna see it soon

my friend saw it said he absolutely hated it

didn't say it was super christian though. said existentialist and alot of philosophy. But the plot says it's a guy questioning christian beliefs so i guess it's in there a good amount

movie just came to m local queens independent theater so i'm gonna see it soon

Wait... existential... philosophical... questioning Christian beliefs...

*goes back and actually reads what you guys are talking about*

I just saw the disclaimer/no-refund policy thingie up there and commented. Didn't actually see what movie you were talking about. But if it's not around you guys, then I GUARANTEE it's nowhere around me.
laugh.gif

*edit
I guess with a title The Tree of Life, you can only expect there to be at least some sort of Christian tangent.

Wait... existential... philosophical... questioning Christian beliefs...

*goes back and actually reads what you guys are talking about*

I just saw the disclaimer/no-refund policy thingie up there and commented. Didn't actually see what movie you were talking about. But if it's not around you guys, then I GUARANTEE it's nowhere around me.
laugh.gif

*edit
I guess with a title The Tree of Life, you can only expect there to be at least some sort of Christian tangent.

*wonders if it's playing in my neck of the woods...* 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

We just got E.T. out here, it'll be a while before Tree of Life makes it too us. 
laugh.gif

*wonders if it's playing in my neck of the woods...* 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

We just got E.T. out here, it'll be a while before Tree of Life makes it too us. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on Mad Men? Thinking about starting on it.
haven't heard one person say anything bad about that show...

I'm not sure I'm mature or old enough to appreciate this show. At moments it is amazing. I understand what people see in it. But to be honest...just not enough. The space between those amazing moments always kill me. They're get boring and repetitive. I like some characters, but don't especially love any of em. Jon Hamm goes in, don't get me wrong, but I watched the first 2 1/2 seasons and I couldn't do it anymore.

If you can get through all of it, respect. I'm very sure that it'll reward you for that, but I can't. I keep hearing about this suitcase and this lawnmower episode, and that almost makes me want to catch up, but the show is just boring to me.

There's what? 6 main people. 

1. You got Jon Hamm, Don Draper. Dude kills it. Every time they ask a lot of him and every scene in between he brings it. He gets the pass. 

2. Peggy. She played the president's daughter in West Wing, didn't like her. She can act real well and they permanently +%@% on her life and give her heavy stuff to deal with, but I don't ever need to see her in anything again. 

3. Peter...but he'll never be Peter to me, he'll always be Connor from Angel. Hated him then, can't stand his face now.

4. Betty...January Jones...everything, just throw it away. You think she's beautiful at first...that's a lie. You'll hate her, then you'll realize she can't act. $#$% you for Emma Frost.

5. Joan....Christina Hendricks...heaven...almost always too little of her.

6. Roger Sterling...my man.

My problem is I hate half of the cast, part because I brought baggage with the actors, but I can't stand to watch half of them, or when the show brings their problems front and center and puts everything on them. When it's the Betty show, suddenly I'm waiting half a week to finally watch the episode. All she does is ruin Don and them kids. When Peggy takes over, my e-mail gets correct, way clean. Peter...at least they accept that you're gonna hate him from the jump, but it's just much. Joan is never in the show enough.

I loved a lot of things about the show, but hated enough, that those amazing moments started revolving around characters I couldn't stand, and it just became...why am I still watching this. I'll probably catch up one day, but long story short: loved some of it, hated some, split the difference and stopped watching the show halfway through.
Hmm interesting stuff, I'll probably give it a go on a trial basis. Thanks for your take.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on Mad Men? Thinking about starting on it.
haven't heard one person say anything bad about that show...

I'm not sure I'm mature or old enough to appreciate this show. At moments it is amazing. I understand what people see in it. But to be honest...just not enough. The space between those amazing moments always kill me. They're get boring and repetitive. I like some characters, but don't especially love any of em. Jon Hamm goes in, don't get me wrong, but I watched the first 2 1/2 seasons and I couldn't do it anymore.

If you can get through all of it, respect. I'm very sure that it'll reward you for that, but I can't. I keep hearing about this suitcase and this lawnmower episode, and that almost makes me want to catch up, but the show is just boring to me.

There's what? 6 main people. 

1. You got Jon Hamm, Don Draper. Dude kills it. Every time they ask a lot of him and every scene in between he brings it. He gets the pass. 

2. Peggy. She played the president's daughter in West Wing, didn't like her. She can act real well and they permanently +%@% on her life and give her heavy stuff to deal with, but I don't ever need to see her in anything again. 

3. Peter...but he'll never be Peter to me, he'll always be Connor from Angel. Hated him then, can't stand his face now.

4. Betty...January Jones...everything, just throw it away. You think she's beautiful at first...that's a lie. You'll hate her, then you'll realize she can't act. $#$% you for Emma Frost.

5. Joan....Christina Hendricks...heaven...almost always too little of her.

6. Roger Sterling...my man.

My problem is I hate half of the cast, part because I brought baggage with the actors, but I can't stand to watch half of them, or when the show brings their problems front and center and puts everything on them. When it's the Betty show, suddenly I'm waiting half a week to finally watch the episode. All she does is ruin Don and them kids. When Peggy takes over, my e-mail gets correct, way clean. Peter...at least they accept that you're gonna hate him from the jump, but it's just much. Joan is never in the show enough.

I loved a lot of things about the show, but hated enough, that those amazing moments started revolving around characters I couldn't stand, and it just became...why am I still watching this. I'll probably catch up one day, but long story short: loved some of it, hated some, split the difference and stopped watching the show halfway through.
Hmm interesting stuff, I'll probably give it a go on a trial basis. Thanks for your take.

Wilfred was too funny. Louie too 
laugh.gif
And the new Futurama episodes, though in the first I would have liked to see them as switched genders longer.

Oh and this whole week long Colbert + Jack White thing was HILARIOUS. Best thing I've seen on his show ever. His song was great, too.

Wilfred was too funny. Louie too 
laugh.gif
And the new Futurama episodes, though in the first I would have liked to see them as switched genders longer.

Oh and this whole week long Colbert + Jack White thing was HILARIOUS. Best thing I've seen on his show ever. His song was great, too.

Back
Top Bottom