Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seeing The Green Knight tonight. 🔥

Currently

108774BF-EFB6-4624-9A2E-6A9692611F7B.jpeg

Currently

108774BF-EFB6-4624-9A2E-6A9692611F7B.jpeg
Please share what you think when you're done. I almost pulled the trigger on that last night, but went with Gunpowder Milkshake instead. Two hours later I definitely regretted that, so might knock out J. Edgar this weekend. Still undecided on it.

-foe

Alright cool, I’ll finish it at some point this weekend/maybe tonight, though, I’m having to watch it in chunks. It leaves HBO Max after July 31st we have until tomorrow.

Alright cool, I’ll finish it at some point this weekend/maybe tonight, though, I’m having to watch it in chunks. It leaves HBO Max after July 31st we have until tomorrow.
Hell I'll watch it tomorrow night regardless then. It's prime Leo, so no way it's bad. Glad you said it was leaving tomorrow. 🤙

-foe

J.Edgar was a drag to me, saw it in the theater when it was released with my dad, almost fell asleep. :lol:

The Green Knight 6.2/8

I liked it but didn’t love it. First of all, it’s HIGH FANTASY. Like a brothers Grimm style fairytale with the best production value possible. Simply put, it looks DOPE. It had me hook, line, and sinker 8/8 until about 80 minutes in, then it dragged in a bad way. Scenery got repetitive, story just threw confusing stuff in for what seemed like no reason.

at this point I’m thinking “damn I really didn’t want this to be a film where I instantly gotta watch one of those ‘Green Knight Explained’ videos on YouTube just to slightly understand it.” And it was strongly headed in that direction. Started to chart into M. knight Shalayman lady in the water territory.

I persisted. And the ending was a huge payoff, and saved the movie for me. I would say it could have done with a voiceover narration or something because they just don’t explain jack **** for 95% of the film so you gotta just throw your hands up. Until the end.

If you don’t see this in theaters, don’t bother watching. First you’ll miss out on the spectacle of it all, and it really is a sight and sound to behold. But secondly, with all the distractions and comfort that your home can offer, you probably won’t be able to sit through it any other way. Strong brothers Grimm, pans labyrinth, Willow, and The Fountain vibes. Hope this review helps anyone that was on the fence.

Just got back from The Green Knight. The last 40 minutes were exactly what you said, just off the wall. I had to explain to the friend I went with Vikander played two girls, it just took a weird turn for no reason—if you don’t know the background, which I don’t, you’re gonna be with it until a point.

I willlll offer it about a 4.5/8, but like you said, the “melon” scenes were good start to finish, the first one when someone cough cough just stepped up was just absolutely dope.

I just can't do fantasy stuff. I've still yet to watch GoT. Saw like 20min of the first ep last week and put it down. Might come back to it tho

I started J.Edgar one night and was really tired so needless to say only got through about 30 mins before falling asleep. From what I saw it was slow as hell though and haven't revisited it yet.

I just can't do fantasy stuff. I've still yet to watch GoT. Saw like 20min of the first ep last week and put it down. Might come back to it tho

GoT isnt really about the fantasy.

Yes they have dragons and zombies but it mostly about politics and family alliances.

Very deep show.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least watch the first season with an open mind.

GoT isnt really about the fantasy.

Yes they have dragons and zombies but it mostly about politics and family alliances.

Very deep show.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least watch the first season with an open mind.
Did you say zombies?
tenor.gif

I'll come back to it. I usually give shows at least 2 or 3 ep before making a decision.

Did you say zombies?
tenor.gif

I'll come back to it. I usually give shows at least 2 or 3 ep before making a decision.

They throw a lot of characters at you pretty fast early on.It’s a show you definitely have to pay attention to in order to know who-is-who and what’s going on.

J. Edgar’s super procedural the first hour, like the dude was, but it was overall a good nonlinear retelling of all the events he was involved in over that many years. Leo’s good in most things, Armie Hammer was not bad. 5.5/8.

Back
Top Bottom