Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man I can see Sly being greedy and having the studio splurge for de-aging tech. Now we'll get

Untold Bouts of Rocky Balboa :lol: a series of movies covering never before seen matches in the 70s to 90s.

Last edited:
Is anybody excited at all for the new terminator movie lol... One of my must sees besides the new rambo

Joker 6.4/8

agreed with most of the points Master Zik Master Zik made about the movie.

Really loved the detail they put into giving Gotham that grimey dark 70’s NYC look. Was def beautiful in a strange way.

the laughing issue......

i didn’t like the decision to make it seem like his laughing was just a nervous tick/mental disability. It really takes away from Jokers true sense of humor and makes him seem less maniacal and more like a Person with a disability. I know that was done on purpose, I just think it’s more frightening when Joker TRULY finds humor in something sick and twisted, instead of just randomly laughing because he can’t control it.

it doesn’t need to be said again, but Joaquin absolutely kills the role plain and simple. By the time the end credits roll, you know that this movie wouldn’t have been possible without him. And there really isn’t much of a movie without his performance. That end scene with him in the crowd, was that “WHOA holy hell I can’t believe what I’m witnessing” moments.

all that being said, I’m not sure I enjoyed the part film about watching a mentally disabled person just be himself. Wasn’t much else to the story. great performance. Takes an amazing amount of talent to transform yourself into a believable version of that character.

it’s just an interesting choice to turn this into a joker origin story. I don’t think there can ever be a sequel. There were no other characters or villains, or even “superheroes.” No evil plans. No plots to save or destroy the world. Why even base it on a comic book at all?

long story short, worth a watch. I wasn’t blown away by the movie. I was very impressed with the acting. Go see it.

Midsommar 3.9/8

Didn’t like it. Thought it was boring, not scary, not acted well, and just plain weird for the sake of being weird. Movie dragged on unnecessarily. There’s only so much sitting at a table waiting to eat, and standing around, and dancing that I can take before I’m waiting for it to be over.

did a bit of research about the meaning behind it all. Weak weak metaphors hiding behind this one. The bright colors making the entire film look like one of those white Swedish quilts........done on purpose im sure, but it wasn’t pleasant. Is that suppose to “drive me crazy?!” Who cares. Swing and a miss by a talented director in my opinion. Gotta have an entertaining story and plot before you can drop all these interesting metaphors and sub-meanings my man. See: Get Out.

What if we have a draft clock, like in fantasy sports drafts? If you go 12 hours without a pick when it's your turn, you're automatically drafted the remaining highest-rated movie from IMDB for the decade? Like if this were the 90s, you had pick #1, and your time expires, you would draft Shawshank.

Is anybody excited at all for the new terminator movie lol... One of my must sees besides the new rambo

I don’t think I’d use the word “excited,” but I am interested in seeing it, which is more than I can for like the last 3 Terminator movies before this latest one.

he did this last time give him a few hours to log in

source.gif

calibeebee calibeebee Master Zik Master Zik regarding Joker, do you guys agree with the possible twist?

*Warning*
For those that have NOT seen Joker, stop reading here.....

Remember when he went to get the file on his mom? Bangs his head, steals it, runs down the hallways, old, dingy, yellowed looking. 70'sish. Remember that?

Then the final scene, the bloody footprints as he comes into the hall.......the hall that is GLEAMING white. Bright. Pristine. Like outta Star Wars it was so clean and bright and white.

Inside that room Dr: "What's so funny?' "You wouldn't get it."

We all saw he didn't really have that girl with him, she wasn't in the hospital, he didn't really sleep with her, they weren't dating, the theory being, could he have imagined all that in his head, within Arkam? Never really saw Bruce, never really saw "his dad", didn't even shoot De Niro.

You've got the straightforward movie, and you've got the movie that happened within his head. Would explain why he's around for 15-20 years before Batman even becomes a thing. Would explain why the city IN HIS MIND reacts to the Joker, but the city of Gotham itself does not in fact celebrate the Joker in reality.

I've seen it 3 times now, and I kinda like the idea.

Well, I think I know where he is, he actually does a thing on Tuesday's that sounds extremely cool. If I lived anywhere near New York I would link up with him.

I know a film he loves, and it would certainly qualify, and I don't want to hold everyone up any further, so I will go ahead and autodraft this pick for him, hopefully he'll check back in for round 3 and we keep movin smooth.

For Round 2, MrO will take John Wick, Action.

getback getback is on the clock.

Note, it KILLS me to give him John Wick, because that was my decision between Drive and Wick for my 2nd round pick, and I would LOVE for Wick to slide back to me in the 3rd, but the person that put me on to John Wick was none other than, MrO.

calibeebee calibeebee Master Zik Master Zik regarding Joker, do you guys agree with the possible twist?

*Warning*
For those that have NOT seen Joker, stop reading here.....

Remember when he went to get the file on his mom? Bangs his head, steals it, runs down the hallways, old, dingy, yellowed looking. 70'sish. Remember that?

Then the final scene, the bloody footprints as he comes into the hall.......the hall that is GLEAMING white. Bright. Pristine. Like outta Star Wars it was so clean and bright and white.

Inside that room Dr: "What's so funny?' "You wouldn't get it."

We all saw he didn't really have that girl with him, she wasn't in the hospital, he didn't really sleep with her, they weren't dating, the theory being, could he have imagined all that in his head, within Arkam? Never really saw Bruce, never really saw "his dad", didn't even shoot De Niro.

You've got the straightforward movie, and you've got the movie that happened within his head. Would explain why he's around for 15-20 years before Batman even becomes a thing. Would explain why the city IN HIS MIND reacts to the Joker, but the city of Gotham itself does not in fact celebrate the Joker in reality.

I've seen it 3 times now, and I kinda like the idea.
Very possible. I can see it working. I mentioned a little about Joker constantly retelling his origins cuz at this point even he may have forgot or he simy prefers the lie.

I can see the angle that everything aboutx the city uniting and rioting over the Joker totally feeding his ego and delusions the same way he made up the relationship.

It might simply be the only murder he actually committed was his mother's.

If that was the case, i'd give a lot more credit to Phillips cuz that's a conclusion you have to interpret due to how subtle that entire narrative is.

This was a tough one for me because it's a category I don't delve into often. However, the TRAILER actually roped me in. Was not disappointed. At all. Great story.

Round 2
Pick 6
Comics

Logan

170302-leon-logan-tease_tdpyrf

Last edited:
This SHOULD move quickly now that folks know the draft order is the inverse of the round prior and we all know we want it to move quicker.

I PM’d CP a question about a genre I think a movie fits into :nerd:, but I’ll be make my pick when he responds.

Back
Top Bottom