Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Any actual good dope movies on Netflix? :nerd:

I know I been gave up keeping up with the Netflix thread.

Watching On My Block right now.

I thought The Ritual was pretty dope. Had me on edge throughout. Great visuals, pretty original story, decent payoff in the end. Can't remember if you saw that already

Roxanne Roxanne 5.8/8

Good, dope, ****** up sad parts.

Strong theme of men ******* up and aint being ****.

A lot of things I didn't know. The actress playing Shante was real good.

Nia Long did her thing :evil:

I thought The Ritual was pretty dope. Had me on edge throughout. Great visuals, pretty original story, decent payoff in the end. Can't remember if you saw that already
Don't think I have.

I haven't seen most Netflix movies outside of Cloverfield Paradox, Beasts of No Nation, Death Note, Bright, Mudbound, maybe a few others.

Last edited:
What Hulu recommendations ya’ll got? Tv or movies

Angie Tribeca is dumb funny, and like less than 20 mins an episode so you can cruise thru em, good background show cause you don't need to be paying attention at all to catch any joke or the plot of an episode.

Roxanne Roxanne 5.8/8

Good, dope, ****ed up sad parts.

Strong theme of men ****ing up and aint being ****.

A lot of things I didn't know. The actress playing Shante was real good.

Nia Long did her thing :evil:
so do you think is better than Lady Bird

so do you think is better than Lady Bird
Yeah, I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Ladybird but I am way more engaged in to the subject matter, dialogue and plot of Roxanne Roxanne. So there aint much competition.

Plus out of the 2 Roxanne had more of my fav actors in it. Had you showed me each trailer and said which do I want to watch its an easy choice.

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Ladybird but I am way more engaged in to the subject matter, dialogue and plot.

Plus out of the 2 Roxanne had more of my fab actors in it. Had you showed me each trailer and said which do I want to watch its an easy choice.
now you see why I said if LADY Bird was nominated, Roxannex2 should win the entire damn thing.

I'm beef if not so much that Roxanne is the greatest movie, but rather, Lady Bird sucked.

**** lacked everything .....

now you see why I said if LADY Bird was nominated, Roxannex2 should win the entire damn thing.

I'm beef if not so much that Roxanne is the greatest movie, but rather, Lady Bird sucked.

**** lacked everything .....
Eh, thats not saying much and its different a bit.

Cuz I'd take Roxanne Roxanne over that weak *** Shape of Water way before Ladybird. Then I'd take it over Ladybird, 3 Billboards, The Post, and Call Me By Your Name.

It was a slow best picture year for the Oscars. Either way, I understand there are movies made to be Oscar nominees and I see why in this heightened social media politicized climate why it got nominated. Not that that's the only reason it got a nom cuz it is a solid movie in its own right.

If anything it just reminds me every year cant be a great year to compile the best movies.

Last edited:
Eh, thats not saying much and its different a bit.

Cuz I'd take Roxanne Roxanne over that weak as Shape of Water way before Ladybird. Then I'd take it over Ladybird, 3 Billboards, The Post, and Call Me By Your Name.

It was a slow best picture year for the Oscars. Either way, I understand there are movies made to be Oscar nominees and I see why in this heightened social media politicized climate why it got nominated. Not that that's the only reason it got a nom cuz it is a solid movie in its own right.

If anything it just reminds me every year cant be a great year to compile the best movies.
Come on ...

I can't speak on the other movies mention (beside 3 BB) cause I haven't seen them. However , let's be real ... joint was nominated because it was a white movie for white people that struggle with simple ****. Mom was portrait as a bad mom (at least to me) when she was keeping it real. Girls struggles where dumb AF, like being called lady Bird not even as a metamorphosis was she a lady bird, giving her virginity to someone that "lie" was predictable although I don't think he lied, etc etc ..

Like joint wad below subpar with struggles that only the dying middle class whites would understand or relate ....

True enough that lots of kids want to be rich, lie l, and/or want to be someone else but not for the reasons she had.

**** was wack but I get it ... a movie nominated by whites cause it was made by whites for whites .

That's the only and I mean the only reason why that **** was nominated ...

Come on ...

I can't speak on the other movies mention (beside 3 BB) cause I haven't seen them. However , let's be real ... joint was nominated because it was a white movie for white people that struggle with simple ****. Mom was portrait as a bad mom (at least to me) when she was keeping it real. Girls struggles where dumb AF, like being called lady Bird not even as a metamorphosis was she a lady bird, giving her virginity to someone that "lie" was predictable although I don't think he lied, etc etc ..

Like joint wad below subpar with struggles that only the dying middle class whites would understand or relate ....

True enough that lots of kids want to be rich, lie l, and/or want to be someone else but not for the reasons she had.

**** was wack but I get it ... a movie nominated by whites cause it was made by whites for whites .

That's the only and I mean the only reason why that **** was nominated ...
See the other movies then.

Cuz Ladybird was better than Shape of Water by miles.

Seems you just really don't like Ladybird.

I don't have that kind of animosity for it.

Every year Hollywood pumps out white movies for white ppl that struggle with simple **** and some get nominated.

I think it make more sense that it got nominated cuz it was a weak year for best picture noms and the current social media climate.

Last edited:
See the other movies then.

Cuz Ladybird was better than Shape of Water by miles.

Seems you just really don't like Ladybird.

I don't have that kind of animosity for it.

Every year Hollywood pumps out white movies for white ppl that struggle with simple **** and down get nominated.

I think it make more sense that it got nominated cuz it was a weak year for best picture noms and the current social media climate.
I'm going to Check out Shape of Water and if it's garbage I'm going to be saying the same ****.

Just because it happens every year doesn't mean we should accept it, but then again ... there's a reason why some of the black actors decided not to go.

I'm going to Check out Shape of Water and if it's garbage I'm going to be saying the same ****.

Just because it happens every year doesn't mean we should accept it, but then again ... there's a reason why some of the black actors decided not to go.
Whether we accept it or not doesn't really matter.

Its still going to happen.

Watching Roxanne Roxanne I forgot my dude Lafayette passed.

check out little boxes too

MV5BZWJhOTgzNTktY2RlYS00OGFiLWE5NzItNTYyNjA2YWRkMTBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ0NDk2NTA@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I Kill Giants 5/8 - Knowing nothing about this was a plus. Cool concept. Interesting D&D / Stranger Things elements. Zoe Saldana bae never fails.

Roman J. Israel Esq 6/8 - Denzel is master class. The trailer gives away damn near the whole movie but there's some really smart writing and I enjoyed the shifting dynamics of doing the right thing vs being able to take care of yourself.

Finally caught Icarus last night.

Amazing doc :emoji_sweat_smile: hoping Grigory remains safe, whenever in the US he may be.

Watching the Crossing on ABC.

Bunch of refugees from the future time travel to the past to escape the tyranny of evolved humanity.

Kinda like Lost with the mysteries but with a small North western town feel to it.

Watching the Crossing on ABC.

Bunch of refugees from the future time travel to the past to escape the tyranny of evolved humanity.

Kinda like Lost with the mysteries but with a small North western town feel to it.

Sooo Twin Peaks?

Back
Top Bottom