Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Some old, classic stand up is still funny if you watch it now. I still get laughs out of Eddie Murphy's Delerious and Bill Cosby Himself. George Carlin (RIP) has some good stuff out there too. I need to check out some Richard Pryor. Never seen one of his stand-up performances all the way through.

I have a feeling Ep 7 is going to BANK. I'm talking like $600m domestic.

I'm already planning on seeing it at least 3 times.

Last edited:

It's seems standup is dead.

Every topic has been covered, every joke told.

Chris Tucker alive wasn't bad.

It wasn't good either though
Standup isn't dead. Yall just sitting through very corny comedians :lol:
A few still stand out, but the jokes are all the same even then.

Live shows is the only way to see stand up IMO.
Or a latenight fall asleep and it's on the tele type watch.
Sounds like the ones you're watching are not just corny but also hacks.

*** Game of Thrones T.V. spoilers below if you're not completely caught up through S5 ***

No damns given :lol: Right in the headline

Last edited:
standup will never die just need comedians who are actually talented to be in the spotlight.

Depends on how intense that spotlight becomes in 10, 20, 50 years, and how that might affect the lines comedians go out of their way to straddle. Not causing somebody to think "well, they've covered everything" without toeing the line is a talent only some comedians have. Jim Gaffigan, Louis CK can do both.

Last edited:
It's personal experiences that keep it fresh.
You have to have went through some drama or you can tell it's been written.

Only a few stand out, but personally I enjoy live performance by subpar comedians over rehashed 1 hour TV specials.

Personal experiences definitely are key. The way one analyzes things. Etc. there'll be some great stand ups just might take a while.

I haven't seen a wide array of stand-ups but the funniest one BY FAR was Aries Spears HBO special.

**** had me rolling the whole time.

It's called Hollywood, Look I'm Smiling (for anyone who hasn't seen it).

To follow up on the point I made earlier, randomly found out today, without asking, that my brother in law showed my 13 and 11 year old nieces (parts of) Delerious. They were laughing their ***** off; mainly at the ice cream part. So, as I was saying, really good stand up can be timeless.

In terms of recent stand up, I'm a fan of Bill Burr's new Netflix special, Hannibal Burress's Animal Furnace/Live From Chicago, Louis CK's Live at the Comedy Store/Oh My God... those are the few that I thought of off the top. 

I'm still need to check out Eddie Murphy's stand ups and some Patrice O'neal.

In terms of recent stand up, I'm a fan of Bill Burr's new Netflix special, Hannibal Burress's Animal Furnace/Live From Chicago, Louis CK's Live at the Comedy Store/Oh My God... those are the few that I thought of off the top. 

I'm still need to check out Eddie Murphy's stand ups and some Patrice O'neal.

You never seen Raw and Delirious bruh? :wow: Do yourself a favor and watch em ASAP.

...and i watched True Romance for the first time this morning and it was a dope flick.

Back
Top Bottom