Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tina Fey's Leo introduction >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Like a supermodel's vagina, let's all give a warm welcome to Leonardo Di Caprio".

:wow: :wow: :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
Alright alright alright

pimp.gif

Luther was robbed :smh: :stoneface:

I didn't see Luther but Behind the Candelabra would've been an GG/Oscar contender if a major studio had the balls to pick it up.

Fact is no one wanted to pick up a film about a gay romance.

I thought both Matt Damon and Michael Douglas were great in it. I was actually hoping Rob Lowe got an award too.

Despite having a really small role, he was AWESOME.

Happy 12 Years a Slave won Best Drama, but pretty disappointed NO ONE from that film got Golden Globes for their performances. I could've sworn Lupita was a lock.

Going to try and catch up this week in theaters. Her, Lone Survivor, American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks, and Grudge Match will all try to be seen by Friday. American Hustle first. :pimp:

My quick GG thoughts:

-American Hustle should not have won. If the Foreign Press felt highly enough of Leo to win (which was well deserved and awesome to see), than IMHO I think Wolf should have won. Which brings me to my next thought:
-Jennifer Lawrence winning over Lupita Nyong'o is actually terrible and annoyed me greatly. The love-fest for Lawrence has got to stop.
-I would have been fine with Leto or Fassbender winning there; Leto killed it in DBC so his win was still well deserved.
-And speaking of DBC, my man McConaughey winning :pimp: . Well deserved.
-12 Years winning for drama was deserved, compared to the rest that I had actually seen.
-And all I could think of seeing Samberg and BK99 winning was the James Franco CC Roast and how they ripped Samberg up for doing that show :lol: . Never seen an episode, no desire to still.

My main wishes for the night were Nyong'o, Leo and McConaughey. Really glad the guys won (surprised also), and I'm hoping it carries on over at the Oscars. Same goes for Nyong'o, hope she gets her moment there.

What is this Luther flick you guys are talking about?

Not a film, but a British series (that I am looking to start because I am a growing fan of Idris)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474684/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:

Michael Douglas killed that role though... Forgot it was him at times...
Lutrher is REMARKABLE! REMARKABLE!!
What do you like about Luther?
I almost started this show, since I liked Pacific Rim.
Well it's nothing like that movie, it's not sci fi.

It's just a really well written psychological crime drama by Neil Cross. DCI Luther is back on the force after the end of a particularly gruesome case, he's trying to get his life together, do his job, repair his marriage, and get back on that path of living. His first case back he runs afoul of a enigmatic female serial killer. From there on out in each miniseries that's released he comes across mostly murderers on each case every ep that are hard to catch for everybody but himself which all tackle various themes that you can connect to on a emotional level or just see them as the interesting cases that they are, a good amount of action as well. Plus each "season" has an underlying subplot that usually gets wrapped up at the end of each series and most times sets up things for the next series. All the while being great at his job his life continues to fall apart and he goes from trying to fix it to running away from it. Luther is really just a good guy in an anti-hero's clothing and a complete BADASS.

As things stand now the show is over after 3 series (14 eps in total) but currently and as planned everything will be wrapped up in a movie which is in production. The way the British handle things though I'm not sure if it's gonna be a theatrical release or just an extra long special that eventually ends up on tv. You can catch the show on netflix or on BBC channel or online. There's also talks of a spinoff following another character from the show.

Luther was robbed :smh: :stoneface:

I didn't see Luther but Behind the Candelabra would've been an GG/Oscar contender if a major studio had the balls to pick it up.

Fact is no one wanted to pick up a film about a gay romance.

I thought both Matt Damon and Michael Douglas were great in it. I was actually hoping Rob Lowe got an award too.

Despite having a really small role, he was AWESOME.
It was great and is deserving of nomination but I ******g love this show Luther at this point.

Happy 12 Years a Slave won Best Drama, but pretty disappointed NO ONE from that film got Golden Globes for their performances. I could've sworn Lupita was a lock.
When JLa won I was like :stoneface: Probably figuring girl would never be praised in another movie again so why give her the award despite her performance being vastly superior to the annoying NJ wife from American Hustle :smh:

I know McQueen was thinking he was getting shafted for a while there, just started drinking and enjoying his time but the HFP went for that typical thought you was gonna go 0 for but we're gonna save the best for last.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom