Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched a little bit of the Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford this morning. I love that movie. One of my favorite slower films. I'm a big fan of Mary-Louise Parker, Casey Affleck and Brad Pitt so I loved the cast obviously. That scene where Jesse pulls the knife of Bob and acts out how he's gonna handle the bank robbery :smokin Love the scene Jesse gets popped in as well. Very well done.

Just watched R.I.P.D.
roll.gif

It was sooooo bad
lulz why? the previews were horrible.
It was free and I like Ryan Reynolds.
can't complain about free.

Kills season is pretty terrible :lol: i did finish the whole way through though

Is homeland better this season? Didn't like last season by the end

My son & I liked Pacific Rim too. The acting was melodramatic but it's a good pop corn flick... My son actually laughed really hard when what's his name from Hellboy & Sons of Anarchy left his shoe behind...

Last edited:
Kills season is pretty terrible :lol: i did finish the whole way through though

Is homeland better this season? Didn't like last season by the end
You got some bad taste then. Killa Season is comedic classic :pimp: The biggest snub (by the Oscars) in the past century

Nothing but genius with Homeland with this season which the writers have revealed recently but if you're not invested and are looking to drop the show after an ep or two might as well not try again.

Got a chance to go and see 12 Years a Slave tonight. 8/10, and here's why:

Story was excellent, acting was too. Ejiofor, Nyong'o (Patsey) and Fassbender killed it. My two main gripes were that for a few scenes in the middle half, I kind of zoned out. I guess I thought it was an unnecessary transition into the rest of the film and dragged a bit. Also, McQueens harping on cinematography. Collectively, there must have been real 8+ min solely on cinematographic shots that weren't necessary for the film. They were nice shots, don't get me wrong, but I just thought they could have done without. Also, how are all the slaves gonna have perfect white teeth if a female like Patsey wasn't even being bathed? :lol:

Definitely recommend you guys see it. Some rough, chilling scenes that you'd expect from a slavery film.I had to see it to see if it was gonna live up to the Oscar hype. It'll for sure be nominated, and I would not be surprised if it wound up winning. Not saying it doesn't deserve to, but also not saying it does. I need to see the other Oscar noms to decide.

Realizing the whipping of Patsey scene was entirely 1-take :wow: :pimp: , really impressive.

Last edited:
Yeah if you want to go in you could just watch everything Hitchcock. Including his 30 min tv series akin to the Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents... (not everything is suspense though).

So far i've seen

The Birds

Psycho

Vertigo

Rear Window

Strangers on a Train

and Dial M....

Rope is on youtube so that will probably be next

and A Perfect Murder is on demand for free but it has Gwenyth Paltrow, does she die in it?

is that the movie where someone gets bashed with a snow globe?

As we all know the movie selection on Netflix streaming is mediocre at best. However, I just had my ankle reconstructed and can barely stay awake for a few hours at a time, so I've been watching some new stuff.

"21 & Over" looked like a cheap, college version of the Hangover when I saw the commercials. Turns out the film is a nice coming of age story about those around 21. I'm a few years removed now, but I found the story relatable nonetheless.

The emotional relationship between the three main characters was reminiscent of what I think most people went through when ditching their high school friends because they have grown apart.

It's not a fantastic movie, but it is very solid and worth a watch.

Any other recommendations from the dark corners of Netflix?

I enjoyed 21 & Over as well. Granted, I was drunk when I saw it. It definitely was more if a coming-of-age film, you're correct. I'm a fan of Skylar Astin as well. Something about his charisma is going to lead to a long career. Hopefully he has the courage to not say yes to every stereotypical, easy role.

I'm done with Season 2, Episode 7 of Homeland. Really enjoying it up to this point. :smokin I won't go into any detail about the show until I'm caught up though. Deflecting the chance of a conversation starting and spoilers flying. :lol:

Last edited:
Perfect Murder is the one with Michael Douglas, right? If so, I've seen it. Decent, not great. Worth a watch if you've got the time.

You guys have me wanting to Hitchcock my wagon to this bed and watch "Master of Suspense" movies all day.

Back
Top Bottom