Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

guys im going to do it, I'm gonna start the entire series of Sex and the city on my own free will. see you on the other side, hopefully with more yambs and better fashion sense on that side

guys im going to do it, I'm gonna start the entire series of Sex and the city on my own free will. see you on the other side, hopefully with more yambs and better fashion sense on that side
or you come out with a smoking habit and a love for handsome women.

Ive been married forever. My wife has the entire collection and I've watched probably 80% of the series + two movies.

It's a very well written show. They make fun of men of course, but it is a smart, well done show, I can't knock it.

I wouldn't watch it on my own but with your girl, its not so bad. Even benefits you at times.

Anyone else seen A Late Quartet? Christopher Walken, Phillip Seymour-Hoffman, Catherine Keener.

Holy ****, was that good. The antithesis of Lawless. Beautiful. There's clarity. Excellent character study. One of the better movies I've seen in awhile.

I remember being interested when it came out but it got mixed to bad reviews and I forgot about it. Gonna give it a chance when I have time.

I watched goon. I liked it but it felt like a straight to DVD Canadian movie. Stifler was different in this movie. Showed some range. And I like hockey so I had a feeling I'd like it. Saw a few trailer park boys in it.

Family Guy-Simpsons crossover episode planned for next year?

:wow: :pimp:

Just pull the ******g plug already. This is too sad. At least make it a Futurama crossover like the flintstones and jetsons. Or maybe king of the hill. But this is just sad

I actually just read that there is also a futurama simspons episode planned lol. 2 in one season

Last edited:
Batman/Superman movie set for 2015. :wow:

Cahill, Goyer, Snyder, Nolan will all be a part of it. No word on who will play Batman, yet.....

It looks like the story will center around Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. :D :smokin The best line from the comic comes after Bruce kicks Sup's *** saying, “I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

Maybe they can put sunglasses on Bruce Wayne as he walks back into Gotham where everyone thinks he's dead... works for Cavill.

[COLOR=#red]JJ[/COLOR]... I posted my thoughts on Pacific Rim a few pages back!

Man! If you guys haven't seen the movie Blow in a while, give it another look. Skyrocketed into my Top 5 movies. Just a VERY, VERY well told story. Has to be Depp's best, no? His character development in that is unmatched. I mean, going from the kid on the beach in California with short hair (asks Pee Wee: "... We wanna buy some pot..." :lol:) to one of Pablo Escobar's runners? Jesus. Extremely well paced, and Penelope Cruz :wow: Although her face looks tiny.

Such a great film. From beginning to end. Especially the beginning, where you thought he was on top and we were going to round back to that point...., to the end, when you see that we were viewing his last 60 seconds of freedom.

:pimp:

imdb has the most conveinent list making system that I've used.
I usually bookmark imdb pages, but it's hard to find a specific show or movie.
I highly reccomend for people to use imdb to manage their to-watch lists, watchlists, or any type of list.

Here's my to-watch lists so far. Reccomend me something based on what is on my to-watch lists.

movie to-watch list
http://www.imdb.com/list/7qwvUxDVTzc/

tv show to-watch list
http://www.imdb.com/list/xAmz1pzf6gA/

Honestly, you have enough great shows that I wouldn't want to recommend you anything until you've seen as much of them as possible.

Some I'd move to the top like Happy Endings, Parks, 30 Rock, King of the Hill, Mad Men, Misfits, Party Down, Archer, Sherlock, Community, Always Sunny, Louie, Boondocks, Simpsons seasons 2-5, American Dad, season 3 and beyond, Californication

Those are the best shows on there.

How could Batman ever beat Superman in a fight?

Stupid
Pay superman to lose.

Wear a suit made of kryponite to fight superman.

Build a time machine that sends batman and superman to krypton, then batman blows it up.

While superman is on it of course.

imdb has the most conveinent list making system that I've used.
I usually bookmark imdb pages, but it's hard to find a specific show or movie.
I highly reccomend for people to use imdb to manage their to-watch lists, watchlists, or any type of list.

Here's my to-watch lists so far. Reccomend me something based on what is on my to-watch lists.

movie to-watch list
http://www.imdb.com/list/7qwvUxDVTzc/

tv show to-watch list
http://www.imdb.com/list/xAmz1pzf6gA/
Honestly, you have enough great shows that I wouldn't want to recommend you anything until you've seen as much of them as possible.

Some I'd move to the top like Happy Endings, Parks, 30 Rock, King of the Hill, Mad Men, Misfits, Party Down, Archer, Sherlock, Community, Always Sunny, Louie, Boondocks, Simpsons seasons 2-5, American Dad, season 3 and beyond, Californication

Those are the best shows on there.
Thanks for the insight.

I'll keep that in mind.

Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow wanted a piece of Sups...

Which led to this...

If they follow Frank MIller's The Dark Knight Returns... :x :smokin

Alright so after a night of thinking over Only God Forgives, I still think it's an easy pass.

When I first heard about the project last year, I was real excited for it. As was I'm sure everyone else who heard about it/knew of the Refn/Gosling combo from Drive. Sucks to say we were all duped.

-Not enough Gosling. He had his onscreen time, but there was not nearly enough of a back story of his character other than a brief mention by his mother. The whole premise of the film is Gosling wants to avenge his brothers' death, but there wasn't enough of a story as to how he found himself in certain locations, why he acted the way he did towards certain people, etc.
-Chang (the antagonist) felt more like the protagonist. He had too much onscreen time for my liking.
-A few unnecessary scenes, for time filler purposes maybe? (See above)
-Gosling went the Drive route with his bodily actions/lack of speaking, and while it worked for Drive, it didn't work for OGF.
-Violence overall isn't as crazy as I expected. Except for maybe one scene?
-Maybe I missed it, but why on earth did Gosling stick his hand into his mother's stomach? Was it to "add pain"?
-Cinematography was cool, but felt like the too much of the films focus, which isn't a good thing.

Going the Drive route similarly didn't work for OGF (and I was a fan of Drive). Real glad I didn't pay to see it. I can't see film enthusiasts enjoying this one, which certainly means the common Gosling fan won't either, based off word of mouth alone.

Last edited:
I watched Only God Forgives late last night & thought it could've been so much more. There were some stand out performances like Kristin Scott Thomas & the guy that played Chang. I really liked the job cinematographer Larry Smith did. He's worked with Stanely Kubrick. He also did Bronson with Tom Hardy that I liked & The Guard (with Don Cheadle & Brendan Gleeson). Cliff Martinez did another awesome job with this soundtrack (he did drive too).

The Oedipus complex Gosling's character had with his mother was creepy. She was a piece of work. I laughed when she met Gosling's pseudo girlfriend & what she said to her. I'm glad I saw it because I like Renf but I proly won't watch it again.

Refn needs to switch up his style already.

Go back to Bronson. This no dialogue artsy fartsy stuff I saw in drive and valhalia rising grows tiresome. There isn't enough substance inhis movies to pull that off. But I havent seen the new one

Last edited:
i loved drive man but really for the cinematography gosling's jacket and the music. one of the best examples on how you use music in films.

i loved drive man but really for the cinematography gosling's jacket and the music. one of the best examples on how you use music in films.

I see what you mean. I feel like I might have enjoyed Drive for those points as well :lol: .

OGF though, just did nothing for me other than question how I sat through it. Budget was $4.8M for no reason :smh: .

Back
Top Bottom