OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I'm just happy so much stuff is releasing around these, should be easier to cop in combination with people's feeling around these....

^ Tongue liners didn't roll over until the 00s. I don't think they're as bad as people think. Game time decision because I really don't need these.
No not at all. I don't see people complain too much about the rolling over on other 3s. Doesn't bother me a bit. But spending $ on these is still up in the air. I want at least 3 SJs...not gonna be easy on the wallet. On the other hand don't want to miss out on these and have Nike go back to jumpman on retros. 
The one thing that's pissing me off

Dark color, fine

Red tongue, ok

Huge elephant print on the toe? Ruins the look of the shoe completely IMO
EP looks miles better than the early fake pics and in line with '11 pairs I think? Not the OG that we want, but NA without super-limiting pairs is appreciated. Slow progress towards OGs at Nike is a profitable strategy. 

He just wanted to jump on the "bash the shoe bandwagon"... but he has no idea what is talking about:smh:

Could care less about the history B.... I had the 2011 and was the best 3's I ever own, was expecting a remake of that but nope they got this red behind tongue crap I didn't want. It's whatever tho guess it's my fault for beating my 2011 true blues to the ground. I'm out you can have these and this fake "History" preaching ish ya lames care about. [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]️

Last edited:

I'm just happy so much stuff is releasing around these, should be easier to cop in combination with people's feeling around these....
I think we will be good, don't Yeezy's release on Black Friday too? If so, I don't see these being a problem anyways.

Black Friday and Holiday 11 releases will be plenty to go. Not worried in getting these at all, only problem is  getting the money for these, $245 after tax for two pairs will hurt my bank account.

Could care less about the history B.... I had the 2011 and was the best 3's I ever own, was expecting a remake of that but nope they got this red behind tongue crap I didn't want. It's whatever tho guess it's my fault for beating my 2011 true blues to the ground. I'm out you can have these and this fake "History" preaching ish ya lames care about. [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]️
Theonly reason jb made the tongue red is because of the og. Everyone crying about the blue tongue needs to stop acting like jb pulled this out of their a**. Don't like the red? Oh well, jb has been "committed" to making all retros like their original 20+ old designs since last year.

You can not like them, but to jb this isn't anything new and they could care less if people don't like the tongue cuz they're still going to sell out and cash out.

Last edited:
Theonly reason jb made the tongue red is because of the og. Everyone crying about the blue tongue needs to stop acting like jb pulled this out of their a**. Don't like the red? Oh well, jb has been "committed" to making all retros like their original 20+ old designs since last year.

You can not like them, but to jb this isn't anything new and they could care less if people don't like the tongue cuz they're still going to sell out and cash out.
exactly just like the registered trademark on the tongue of the 1's .

^^^^^^

This 100% Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ . I know one thing, the Nike Air, on the heel is absolute perfection. It looks 1000 times better, than 3D bold Jumpman Air logo, they've been using for the last 15 years. If anything, I would think you guys would be complaining, about the extra strength, embossed elephant print. I wish it was lower, on toe box, but it doesn't bother me, really.

Last edited:

If they really wanted to make them like the OG's they would have made it so you couldn't see the red from all angles.

My theory (totally just a guess don't kill me) is that when JB re retroed these the first time in 2001 and then again in 2011, they had a puffier tongue and it was showing, so they looked at it and said "hmmm something looks off." They saw the red and knew it looked off so they changed it to blue.

I'm completely okay with the red tongue lining but you shouldn't be able to see it if they were really trying to go back to the OGs. Also if they were really committed to this, they would change the shape back to the OGs and also make the elephant print small and thin.

Just my opinion of course.

If they really wanted to make them like the OG's they would have made it so you couldn't see the red from all angles.

View media item 2140726

My theory (totally just a guess don't kill me) is that when JB re retroed these the first time in 2001 and then again in 2011, they had a puffier tongue and it was showing, so they looked at it and said "hmmm something looks off." They saw the red and knew it looked off so they changed it to blue.

I'm completely okay with the red tongue lining but you shouldn't be able to see it if they were really trying to go back to the OGs. Also if they were really committed to this, they would change the shape back to the OGs and also make the elephant print small and thin.

I agree, if anything, if they had to change it, they could've just made it white. Even though, it wouldn't age well. Also, I've damn near given up all hope, that the 3's and 4's will go back to their original shapes. Hell, I'm still shocked and surprised, they finally fixed the 11's.

Last edited:
He just wanted to jump on the "bash the shoe bandwagon"... but he has no idea what is talking about:smh:

Ok

All this discussion on red tongue liners and EP thicknesd...if a detail that insignificant is what keeps you from buying...you didn't really want them.

Here's what I want to know having not owned a pair of III's or IV's since the mid-00 cycle...have they fixed the midsole material to keep the paint from chipping so bad? That is a make or break for me. I'm a big guy at 250 lbs so I'm putting some downforce on shoes even wearing casually. I don't want shoes looking rachet after a handful of wears.

View media item 2140726

A damn good opinion.

[emoji]128514[/emoji] At "fake 'history'"

If the 2011 was the best 3 you ever owned you automatically disqualified yourself from this discussion.

[emoji]128514[/emoji] At "fake 'history'"

If the 2011 was the best 3 you ever owned you automatically disqualified yourself from this discussion.
The same 2011's that cracked like Trump under pressure and one heel tab, yellowed and the other tab didnt... OK

I was on the fence but if the funds are right I'm copping. My 09 Europe Release pair are cracking so I need another pair, so I can put these on ice and beat those to death

Y'all do realize that these are technically the first Olympic Air jordan's hence the red, with the white and blue

Y'all do realize that Chicago has a baseball team with this color scheme

Y'all do realize...that this shoe originally had a red liner on the tongue right...

:rolleyes rookies

All this discussion on red tongue liners and EP thicknesd...if a detail that insignificant is what keeps you from buying...you didn't really want them.

Here's what I want to know having not owned a pair of III's or IV's since the mid-00 cycle...have they fixed the midsole material to keep the paint from chipping so bad? That is a make or break for me. I'm a big guy at 250 lbs so I'm putting some downforce on shoes even wearing casually. I don't want shoes looking rachet after a handful of wears.

They've got better, but by no means are they great. The 2011s weren't bad. Mine didn't start to chip until after heavy wear but its different for everyone.

Nothing will compare to the chipping of the 2006-2009 era.

They've got better, but by no means are they great. The 2011s weren't bad. Mine didn't start to chip until after heavy wear but its different for everyone.

Nothing will compare to the chipping of the 2006-2009 era.
you mean 2006-2014. 2012 bred 4s chipped with just a gust of wind

My 2011 BC3's just began to chip but it's minimal. The white paint on the inner midsole on my left shoe.

My 2012 BC4's only have a hairline midsole crack in the same exact area.

Back
Top Bottom