OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I'm paying $190-220 on Jordans, $200-250 on Foams, $200 on Lebrons, $160-250 on Kobes, and $1000 on Yeezys. I really don't care anymore.

Yea but the maroon 6's, white cement 4's, and black metallic 5's are retail at $220. Not sure why we're shocked or upset by it.

No one is shocked, people just don't want to pay that kind of money for Jordans at retail.

people paid what they had to pay, not what they wanted to. People still want prices to be $150-70.

Of course. I loved paying $115 for IVs, $125 for 3s, $135 for Vs and so on. XIs & XIIIs were more and that's understandable. It was great until people started buying as many pairs as they could to resell on the same day. When I first went to FC in '06, year old retros like the flints were $200. The demand from the younger generation changed everything as did the lining up habits. People didn't camp in advance like crazy unless it was a console launch or something like the SB pigeons. I went from being able to walk in and cop a week or even a couple of months later in some cases to having to either pay $30-40 over msrp at the mom & pops selling early a week or two early. If for some reason I failed, everyone local on CL started asking for $300. At least with $190-220 for most releases, people can get them direct from the store without needing legit checks, dealing with CL, eBay, etc.

Also for me personally having the shoe as close to its original form as it's going to get makes the $220 easier to swallow. It's been 16-17 years since the last of the NA '99-00 retros (except for the '88s). For the last decade the resale value on any NA shoe has been ridiculously stupid that it makes $220 look like a bargain. The prices aren't the same now that they need sole swaps but at their height, there was no way I was going to drop $7-800 on them no matter how much I wanted them.

My prayers have been answered. So much for retirement. [emoji]128563[/emoji]

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to retire. Why should I? I love sneakers. I've "retired" so many times its not even funny. I've been more selective over the last 2-3 years but have I officially stopped altogether... nah. As long I'm not sacrificing any of my priorities, this is who I have always been and who I will always be. 4 to 5 purchases a year shouldn't bring down the farm. Just embrace it but do it responsibly. :smokin

Last edited:
I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to retire. Why should I? I love sneakers. I've "retired" so many times its not even funny. I've been more selective over the last 2-3 years but have I officially stopped altogether... nah. As long I'm not sacrificing any of my priorities, this is who I have always been and who I will always be. 4 to 5 purchases a year shouldn't bring down the farm. Just embrace it but do it responsibly. :smokin
That's very true. This is the first time I thought I was actually serious about it lol but I keep coming back like Jordan wearing the 45 lol. But I'm trying to learn to be selective. That's the hardest part for me

No one is shocked, people just don't want to pay that kind of money for Jordans at retail.

And yet people do. It's a moot point. Until people just quit buying or sales are so poor they have mass numbers sent to the outlets, it's not changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Sales drop, jb won't drop their prices. They have never dropped their prices. They may stay the same but they aren't going down

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to retire. Why should I? I love sneakers. I've "retired" so many times its not even funny. I've been more selective over the last 2-3 years but have I officially stopped altogether... nah. As long I'm not sacrificing any of my priorities, this is who I have always been and who I will always be. 4 to 5 purchases a year shouldn't bring down the farm. Just embrace it but do it responsibly.
smokin.gif
I'm on the same boat. 

I limit my sneaker purchases to select OG Retros - roughly 3-5 per year. 

I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

Yeah, those are terrible fakes. But they base it off what they have seen in the real factories. So I would say its safe to say we are getting a red tongue backing.

I was speaking in regards to the wrong shade of blue, the red backing was confirmed some months back so I already knew.

No that's the USA alternate oly edition......[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom