OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Originally Posted by jay zoe2  
This explains the surprise, early release earlier this week.. Can't believe they messed this up so badly-a $220 sneaker shouldn't have these issues.
Pretty much. When Asics, Puma, and New Balance drop a premium $220+ leather shoe, their product is normally on par with high end designer shoes. The sad part is that we've seen JB drop quality shoes. We know that they are capable of doing it.
Ha. Even some of the runners you listed have become sloppy themselves. Glue stains etc. 

bro you better keep those true blues

they a hundred times better than what you got on your feet in that pic

those yeezys look like some macys grandmother black friday special slippers

Yo!

That was a good one man, you come up with that on the spot?

If so - mad props for innovation! [emoji]128074[/emoji]

figured thered be a bunch of pics in the thread by now, but its like ~5 new pictures and 6 pages of whining. some of you are never pleased, JB isnt going to appease every single one of you. by this point weve heard every possible complaint about these sneakers, so theres really nothing more to contribute to that topic. my pair has some minor flaws, but im not out here on some inspector gadget tip looking for ridiculous "brush strokes" or 1cm glue stains. happy with my purchase because i know what im signing up for when i give jordan brand my money.

Its funny to me how the Cyber 3s were bashed and smashed, but now all of a sudden ppl realize they are a good shoe.. Dudes wanted to bash it because of no EP and the white sole, but the hypebeast in them didnt let them see the materials that are very nice. For a non "pinnacle" release, im sure when the BC3s drop ppl will say the TB3 are the better shoe

Never that the Black cement 3 is legendary !! I would take the BC3 with the Nike Air on back over any Jordan 3 any day.... :smokin

I don't see anyone mentioning sizing, my girl usually wears a 4.5 and she had to get a 5.5 and myself I'm usually a 9/9.5 and the 9.5 felt like a 8.5 I had to get a 10. And yes Quality control was bad on these. I seen a few pairs at footaction that the elephant print was jacked up even peeling smh

Eager for my pairs to arrive. Any unsatisfactory ep cuts will be going straight back. :lol:

not for NT, we scour the net 1 year prior to copping. We moan, cry, and whine about details we've never seen (a good amount of us), we create nonsensical arguments for 11 months, and when they make enough for everyone to buy....we hate them and don't buy. Until....they aren't a lot left and we start the cycle again.

This. Thank you btw. I drove away from my third pick up thinking to myself, "Nike won this battle over resell"... I was pretty happy that I didn't have to fight and scratch over a pair. I would be perfectly fine buying all my J's this way. One to rock 2 for the vault. Love this silhouette and colorway. I could care less if it's a general release or not. IMO the remastered versions are much more real to me than the versions with the jumpman logo...

i still have a pair of 2011's on ice while i'm wearing my 'beater' 2011's.

I got lucky and got 2 pairs of these, so....

i guess i'm gonna hoop in the beaters and wear the 2011's on ice and keep these two OG's for the vault....

unless.... who's interested in a DS pair of 2011's? size 9.5? LOLOL

Man, I wish I still had my 2011 pair
ohwell.gif
Same
I sold all 3 pairs of my 2011 earlier this year to get these. NO RAGRETS.

Jb got money hungry with these. These were going to sit anyway, but this stigma of bad quality will leave these with the worst turnout of all Nike air retros. They could've at least made these half way decent

:lol: They did! These are half way decent! Dudes are just buggin out honestly. Anyone who actually likes the 3 and thinks a TB3 w/ NA isn't AT LEAST halfway decent is crazy IMO. Why you care? Didn't you state previously that you were passing so you can afford other shoes? I'm wondering why you're even in this thread :rolleyes.

Last edited:
so i got my pair today from the online fnl drop the other day and disappointed is a gross understatement. i couldn't even get past the 1st shoe i took out the box. still haven't even looked at the other shoe. all i know is these are going back tmrw. i was looking forward to these. my pair looks like it should be c grade. the EP cut on the one shoe is so atrocious there's no way i'd consider keeping them, let alone wearing. not for 220. the cut is so big the shoe looks so fake like the old school variants. :x

then, the leather is terrible. these are on par with and maybe even a little worse than sport blue 3s which, in my opinion, have been the worst quality as far as leather of all the recent 3s. needless to say these are nowhere close to 88s. it is blatantly obvious that jb felt like they could cheapen all the way out on these bc of the NA on the back. but that confuses me considering they did the cement 4s so well. these TBs are truly a disgrace, i'm sorry...

:smh:

Last edited:
Its funny to me how the Cyber 3s were bashed and smashed, but now all of a sudden ppl realize they are a good shoe.. Dudes wanted to bash it because of no EP and the white sole, but the hypebeast in them didnt let them see the materials that are very nice. For a non "pinnacle" release, im sure when the BC3s drop ppl will say the TB3 are the better shoe

Those CM 3's were way too basic. Nike almost kinda had to put better materials on them to make up for the lack of aesthetics. There are a plethora of black and white shoes on the market that were executed better than those. Just because it's a Jordan 3 doesn't mean it's a great shoe, materials aside..

:lol: They did! These are half way decent! Dudes are just buggin out honestly. Anyone who actually likes the 3 and thinks a TB3 w/ NA isn't AT LEAST halfway decent is crazy IMO. Why you care? Didn't you state previously that you were passing so you can afford other shoes? I'm wondering why you're even in this thread :rolleyes.
because i can comment on any shoe on any thread that isn't locked? i didn't know people could only comment on shoes they wanted.

I was stating an observation about this release.

Last edited:
Here are some comparison pics to my 2011's. In my opinion the 2011 is the overall better quality and better looking shoe. The tumbled leather is far more defined in the 2011, and the overall shape is actually much nicer. Also, the 2011 pair has a brighter white than the 2016's. Again this is just my opinion. Hope you guys find these photos useful.

2011 def look sleeker. I guess that's what makes the 2016 "og," the aged yellow tint and thick cut boat of a shoe.

Hmmm my pair arrived to NJ at 3:30 today. Hopefully they upgrade the status and say it's coming in tomorrow

If anybody in San Francisco is still looking for these, I saw a few pairs left at House of Hoops. I am not sure about the sizing availability but they had a size 10 in display along with a bunch of kids sizes.

I passed on CM 3s but picked up the TB3s...CMs were still in stock of course so i was able to compare side by side. CMs def are better quality but as always, we already know what going we're going to get when JB blesses up with the NA and $220 price tag! Hype sells quality doesn't...

so i got my pair today from the online fnl drop the other day and disappointed is a gross understatement. i couldn't even get past the 1st shoe i took out the box. still haven't even looked at the other shoe. all i know is these are going back tmrw. i was looking forward to these. my looks like it should be c grade. the EP cut on the one shoe is so atrocious there's no way i'd consider keeping them, let alone wearing. not for 220. the cut is so big the shoe looks so fake like the old school variants. :x

then, the leather is terrible. these are on par with and maybe even a little worse than sport blue 3s which, in my opinion, have been the worst quality as far as leather of all the recent 3s. needless to say these are nowhere close to 88s. it is blatantly obvious that jb felt like they could cheapen all the way out on these bc of the NA on the back. but that confuses me considering they did the cement 4s so well. these TBs are truly a disgrace, i'm sorry...

:smh:

So.. shiny, plastic sport blue pleather is better than the leather used on these? :lol: I don't think so. Y'all reaching but to each his own. Leather on my pair is fine and much better than what was used on 2011 WC3s. And the 88s leather is the same as those..so yeah. Whatever though I'm satisfied with mines so I guess that's all that matters. Y'all funny tho.

The CM3 material is nice, but the colorway, while classic, isn't that compelling in a 3. I've got the TB3's inbound so I'll see how they are when they come in.

there was no exaggeration in my statement and i stand by it. also, 88 leather was better than '11 imo. everyone's perception of things is different so whatever. like i said, i was looking forward to these, but nah...

Back
Top Bottom