[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree, but we'll see how he turns out if he makes a team.
A pass first pg who can get into the paint and it wouldn't hurt as well to be mentored by Nash

True.
His defense is non-existent tho, which isn't a good thing to combine with Nash as a teacher :lol:

But you're right, we could use a nice young pass first PG to groom.

Rep for the positive thinking :pimp:

Rather get Sessions and have Nash help groom the kid.

I just want Sessions back :lol:

He can run an offense and in the way MDA wants

Offer up Blake & MWP for him... Do what we can in the draft at SF. And go after a Small Forward. Korver is best player, Wright is most ideal fit (on basis he can play the 4, which gives MDA more ability to run a lineup he wants). To get Korver you'd probably have to offer 4 year deal to give him long term security, may be enticing because of his age.

I'd also make a run at Rashard Lewis if he opts out, I think he probably will because he will at least get the same contract in Free Agency that he got with Heat. Only offer minimum. Stretch 4 shooter for cheap.

There's also Ronnie Brewer out there who gives you more defensive prowess will go for somewhere around the minimum. He hasn't done anything to earn himself more money.

Last edited:
^ He opt out because he wanted a long term situation with the Lakers..

He didn't resign because once the Lakers got Nash they basically told Sessions he wouldn't be back. But even before the Nash trade, Sessions was worried that if he did re-sign the Lakers would trade him, which would have probably happened in the Nash deal.

Last edited:
Soooooooooooooooooo

Most of us all have Twitter. Last week a certain spur fan tried following me and trolling me endlessly. I laughed, but didn't trip.

Well. Guess what?

The dude is now following one of my high school buddies that I talk with on Twitter once in a while.

THE DUDE, IS FOLLOWING, ONE OF MYYYYYYYYY HIGH SCHOOL BUDDIES, NOW...........

That buddy, ain't a Spurs fan neither.

Ya'll ever seen that movie Single White Female? I think I'm livin it right now. :lol:

Jesus Christ.

nothing surprises me. after all this is the same guy who got banned for sexually harassing me on here (telling me to **** his butt and let him suck my ***)

he got problems...

A 30 year old career 28% 3 point shooter, who is awful on defense, and cannot run an offense.. I'd rather play Steve Blake and take back Derek Fisher than waste our only chip in FA on Will Bynum

might as well see what smuch parker is up to these days

^ He opt out because he wanted a long term situation with the Lakers..

He didn't resign because once the Lakers got Nash they basically told Sessions he wouldn't be back. But even before the Nash trade, Sessions was worried that if he did re-sign the Lakers would trade him, which would have probably happened in the Nash deal.

Agree, and the fact that the Lakers didnt call him right when free agency started probably bothered him and his agent.

In Broussard's article

The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources. Because the Clippers don't have enough cap room to sign Howard as a free agent, it would take a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers to make it happen.

The Clippers would be open to working out a deal, but they fear the Lakers would never trade Howard to them, according to the sources.

But while trading Howard to a team in their own building seems unthinkable, the Lakers are not likely to get a better trade package elsewhere than say, Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe.

:lol:

I don't even have to explain how ridiculous this throwing **** against the wall is.

If anyone hasn't voted yet... i would suggest voting for Atlanta, seeing as how they're one of the very few teams that can afford to sign both CP3 and Dwight to max contracts.

Pretty funny if that happens. Not 1 person in the world, literally, was predicting he would go to Atlanta.
Sounds like Dwight though, always predictably unpredictable :lol:

Report: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard text about teaming up. This will not happen.

Kurt Helin Jun 14, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT

For the owners, pretty much half the reason for the lockout last year was to put in place an economic system that prevents stars from doing what the Miami Heat did with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. (Technically they still could have done that because they stripped the roster all the way down and those guys took less money, but you get the idea).

So when you hear things about superstars talking about teaming up right now, take it with a grain of salt. Actually, more like the entire Bonneville Salt Flats.

That’s my lead in to the latest rumor from Chris Broussard of ESPN.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have been in consistent contact recently about the possibility of becoming teammates next season, according to league sources. Paul and Howard will be the biggest free agents on the market this summer, and their desire is to play together, the sources said.

“They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen,” one of the sources said.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

I have no doubt that the two have texted about this. Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are friends, they get along, and no doubt the tandem would be a force.

But back to that whole lockout and logistics thing.

Broussard says Atlanta can do it.

The Atlanta Hawks could make it happen. Atlanta, which is Howard’s hometown, has the cap room to sign both players to maximum-salaried contracts.

Howard is not particularly fond of the idea of returning to Atlanta, but he would do so to team up with Paul, the sources said.
Actually, no Atlanta does not. Teams have a lot less money to spend than you think because of cap holds and other restrictions than people think..

Atlanta could have up to $35 million in cap space, which is not enough to give max deals to both players, but maybe you could convince them both to take paycuts (ala Miami). But to get that $35 million they have to renounce/let sign elsewhere Josh Smith (he’s gone, but until he signs elsewhere there is a cap hold on the Hawks salary space). Then they have to renounce every other free agent on their roster — Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Johan Petro, Ivan Johnson, Jeff Teague, Dahntay Jones, Hilton Armstrong, Erick Dampier, Etan Thomas, Randolph Morris and Anthony Tolliver. Then they have to waive DeShawn Stevenson, Shelvin Mack and Mike Scott. Or they could amnesty Al Horford.

You really think Danny Ferry is going to play that game?

Besides, Chris Paul isn’t leaving the Clippers. So for Howard to team up with CP3 all you have to do is convince Lakers management to do a sign-and-trade that sends Howard to the Clippers. Good luck with that. And by the way, the Lakers can’t do a sign-and-trade unless it is one that brings them down to a salary level below the tax apron (roughly $76 million) so a third team that wants to soak up a lot of salary and bad contracts has to be brought in.

So good luck with that.

If you’re thinking the Clippers would sign-and-trade CP3 to the Lakers, I think that’s not a tobacco pipe in your hands.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard together is never going to happen. But they can text about it all they want. Free country and all that.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....happen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Disclaimer: Helin is a Laker fan.

:lol:

Edit:

Pelton:
Where could D12, CP3 team up?

One good superteam deserves another. In the hours after the Miami Heat moved a step closer toward potentially winning their second championship with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, our Chris Broussard reported that free agents-to-be Dwight Howard and Chris Paul have been texting about teaming up.

Can they do it? If so, where?

Let's take a look at what the NBA's collective bargaining agreement says about their options, rating each potential spot on a scale of zero to four snowballs -- as in their snowball's chances in, well, you know.

Los Angeles Lakers: Zero snowballs

To even join the conversation, the Lakers would have to use their amnesty provision to waive Kobe Bryant. That would put them close enough to the luxury-tax threshold that they could potentially complete a sign-and-trade for Paul, assuming the Clippers were willing to do them the favor of taking Pau Gasol and other spare parts in return. Before even getting into the political complications of the L.A. rivals trading with each other, basketball reasons alone mean there's no workable trade that would land Paul on the Lakers.

Dallas Mavericks: One snowball

Dallas is a year too early. If Howard and Paul were for some reason to sign one-year contracts with their current teams, the Mavericks could be a player for both next year, when Dirk Nowitzki has vowed to take a pay cut in order to create more room under the salary cap. For now, however, Nowitzki's $22.7 million salary for 2013-14 makes it difficult for Dallas to find space for one of Howard and Paul (as Insider's Larry **** broke down here), let alone both. Even if the Mavericks traded everyone else, the most they could offer the two free agents is about $15 million apiece -- far less than their maximum salaries ($20.5 million for Howard, $18.7 million for Paul).

Houston Rockets: Two snowballs

Here's how this could work. First, Rockets GM Daryl Morey must find a taker in his current quest to trade forward Thomas Robinson to clear cap space. Then, by turning down Francisco Garcia's team option and waiving a handful of players with non-guaranteed contracts (James Anderson, Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino and Tim Ohlbrecht), the Rockets would have enough space to sign Paul outright.

Next comes the challenging step. To get Howard, too, Houston would have to convince the Lakers to agree to a sign-and-trade built around a package of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, along with their young forwards (Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas). Asik and Lin could both be useful to the post-Howard Lakers, but they would cut into the team's cap space in the summer of 2014, making such a deal unlikely.

Alternatively, the Rockets could sign both Howard and Paul outright while keeping James Harden, but that would require finding takers for both Asik, Lin and all other guaranteed contracts (including Royce White) without taking on salary in return, and waiving everyone non-guaranteed (including the useful Patrick Beverley and Greg Smith) except Chandler Parsons.

Detroit Pistons: Two snowballs

The Pistons are the distant wild card in these proceedings. If Detroit waives Rodney Stuckey, whose contract is guaranteed for $4 million next season, and uses the amnesty provision on Charlie Villanueva, the Pistons would not have anyone making more than $5 million on the roster next season. They'd need to cut about $6 million in salary, which they could accomplish by packaging Brandon Knight with forward Jonas Jerebko (two years left on his deal at $4.5 million apiece) to a team under the cap or with a trade exception. Alternatively, Detroit could trade the No. 8 pick and convince Paul and Howard to take a couple hundred thousand less than the max apiece.

By doing so, Paul and Howard would join a Pistons team that still has quality young talent. Greg Monroe could work next to Howard If he develops a mid-range game, and Detroit would have promising second-year center Andre Drummond as either part of the world's most talented center rotation or trade bait to improve the wings. Nonetheless, it's hard to see Detroit, hardly a destination for NBA players, forming the next superteam. Their sights are set much lower in free agency.

Los Angeles Clippers: Three snowballs

Broussard's sources indicate that teaming up for the Clippers is the preferred option for Howard and Paul. In this case, the mechanics aren't as important as the question of whether the Clippers' organization wants to team Howard and Paul if it means giving up Blake Griffin. A Howard-Paul combination stands the chance of being much more effective defensively, especially if the Clippers choose a defensive-minded coach to replace Vinny Del Negro. However, trading the younger Griffin for the older Howard would mean shortening the Clippers' window to some extent, and the lingering effect of Howard's back surgery also makes such a trade risky.

Atlanta Hawks: Four snowballs

The Hawks have always been the team best positioned to offer Howard and Paul the chance to play together. The Hawks have just three players under guaranteed contracts for next season -- Al Horford, John Jenkins and Lou Williams.

Still, to clear enough room to sign both Howard and Paul to the max, Atlanta would have to trade Williams and either Jenkins or one of this year's two first-round picks without taking back any salary. The team could use the pick as a carrot to get a team under the cap or with a trade exception to take on Williams, whose contract is reasonable despite the ACL injury that ended his 2012-13 campaign.

Oh, and forget about reuniting Howard with former AAU teammate Josh Smith. The Hawks would have to renounce the rights to Smith and point guard Jeff Teague in order to make this all work. So Atlanta's cupboard would be nearly completely bare -- Horford, Howard, Paul and Jenkins along with one of the first-round picks and whatever free agents the team could sign using the "room exception" ($2.65 million, which could be split up) and the minimum salary. But Howard and Paul would be together -- and Atlanta is far and away the most realistic situation for making that happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom