* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Do you finally have internet in your village?
Brother in laws house next door, yup.  
laugh.gif
  I just don't know if I'll be able to enter the draft room yet, never know with some of these computers. 

Hey, trade me A-Rodg for Deangelo and McNabb. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

JPZ
Heat
JA
Dirk
Chester
KLJ
Osh
Pro
DoubleJ's
Mike
rck2sac
CP

Draft, this Sunday at 5 Pacific, 8 Eastern on Yahoo.  If you can't make it, set your auto rankings and let Yahoo set ya up. 

JPZ, can you throw an update on the thread title just to make sure these dudes see?  I'll update Yahoo as well. 

Nesto, I won't have my email on Sunday, but I can try to get in and PM you right before the draft, bout 4:45 or so. 

Perfect....I'll multi-task between the draft and the skins game...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Do you finally have internet in your village?
Brother in laws house next door, yup.  
laugh.gif
  I just don't know if I'll be able to enter the draft room yet, never know with some of these computers. 

Hey, trade me A-Rodg for Deangelo and McNabb. 
nerd.gif

I'll think about it.

I have another draft going on at 6:30 so I might be simul-drafting at the end... that'll be fun.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- If you ask the Los Angeles Lakers' Ron Artest, the biggest NBA signing of the summer wasn't LeBron James leaving Cleveland to go to Miami as a free agent; it was Kevin Durant extending his contract with the Thunder to stay in Oklahoma City.

"He's the second best player in the NBA," Artest said of Durant, ranking the youngest scoring champion in league history behind only teammate Kobe Bryant.

"Kobe's got five rings, six game winners [last season], 23-straight points in [Game 5 of the Finals] off mostly jump shots," Artest elaborated. "[He's] the biggest shot maker, big shot maker. So, that said, Durant's the second best player in the NBA."

When asked where James ranks on his list, Artest excluded the back-to-back MVP from consideration.

"I only count to two," Artest said. "I've been out of school 15 years, so I only count to two."

Bryant himself said that James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh coming together on the Miami Heat did not raise his motivation level to win another championship, but did manage to raise an eyebrow.

The 15-year guard said his first reaction to the South Beach signings was, "Wow. How did Pat Riley pull that [expletive] off?"

Bryant acknowledged the Heat's potential to be "great" but added that when the Big Three materialized in Miami in the middle of the summer, his thoughts remained with himself and his team.

"I said I've got to get my knee healthy, that's what I said," Bryant added.

Artest's praise of Durant echoes a recent statement made by the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard. During a radio interview with Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick, Howard was asked who is better, Durant or James? "I'm gonna go with Kevin," replied Howard.

Artest's respect for Durant's abilities on the offensive end has influenced the former Defensive Player of the Year's diet. The Lakers starting small forward has vowed to abstain from alcohol during the season and is putting in extra work to try to get his weight down to 245 pounds by the time Los Angeles could face the 6-foot-9, 230-pound Durant in the playoffs.

"He was a hard cover for me last year," Artest said. "I had to spend a lot of extra energy carrying extra pounds, so this should at least give me more of a chance to run around [guarding him]."

Artest weighs less than 260 pounds now after coming into training camp at 268 a year ago.

"I was a little bit afraid [Durant] would average 40 on me if I came in 270 [again]," Artest said.

When informed by a member of the media that Durant actually shot well below his normal percentage in the first round of the playoffs with Artest marking him primarily (35 percent in the postseason vs. 47.6 percent during the regular season), Artest acted surprised.

"Wow ... good job, Ron," he said.

After admitting last weekend that, "when we get to the championship I'll worry about the big weight guy later, LeBron," like Bryant, Artest was not ready to coronate the Heat on Thursday.

"You never know," Artest said. "Boston got [Shaquille] O'Neal and [Jermaine] O'Neal ... Dallas, they're looking good. And Kevin Durant, don't forget about Kevin Durant."

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

has anybody been watching all of the team previews on nbatv??

they have a secret scout segment,where a guy whos face is obscured in a shadow and voice is altered gives scouting reports on teams.

anybody wanna take a guess as to who it is?

my guess is either shawn elliot or dwight howard
nerd.gif
its not dwight howard, first off the secret scout looks exactly like kobes head but i doubt its him.

^
No sir, that gets done live at the draft doesn't it?  That was just me getting ya'lls attention to be ready for this Sunday.  I have no clue what the order will be. 

Oh okay. I guess I forgot we were doing it on Yahoo and thought you had Blazers run that generator.

Yes, Yahoo does it a half an hour before.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

has anybody been watching all of the team previews on nbatv??

they have a secret scout segment,where a guy whos face is obscured in a shadow and voice is altered gives scouting reports on teams.

anybody wanna take a guess as to who it is?

my guess is either shawn elliot or dwight howard
nerd.gif
its not dwight howard, first off the secret scout looks exactly like kobes head but i doubt its him.

kobe was my third guess,but the nose doesnt look pointy like his

Seeing JPZ, KLJ, Dirk, Pro, and Mike all in the same chat room 45 minutes after the Fail Bowl, to draft for our fantasy league, is going to be high comedy. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

That is gonna be must see internet right there. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm either gonna be thoroughly ticked off or absolutely elated come Sunday night...
Call me a sucker, call me a fool. I don't care. Griffin cannot be hyped enough. He's already one of the best five power forwards in the league. (I have him behind Dirk, Bosh and Gasol and tied with an aging Duncan.) He would have been the third-best player on Team USA in August had the Americans included him. He's already (A) the best finisher of any big guy in the league, (B) the second-best rebounder in the league behind Dwight Howard, and (C) someone who flies around so recklessly that you constantly worry he might break his leg, his back, his neck … there's just nobody else like him right now. You can't keep your eyes off him.
My man.
pimp.gif

pg2_u_griffinb_400.jpg

"He won't be able to bully guys around the paint like he did at Oklahoma."

shaq-face.jpg

^
I knew you would like his Blake talk. 
I liked his line on the Suns, Steve Nash and 27 small forwards?  Sign me up. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And then the 100 mil vs 81 mil for Childress, Warrik and Frye.  That line had to hurt a little for Suns fans. 
laugh.gif

I know Allen seen Bill sayin Bron looks more mature/angry/pissed off this year.  I know what's coming. 
nerd.gif

This season is going to be awesome.  The new thread is going to be wild.  Can't wait. 

I mean, I expect Griffin to beast but those superlatives by Simmons are going overboard. He's going to have to prove all of that.
laugh.gif

Griffin & Gordon, the best young duo in the league this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(outside of KD & Russ, but they too good to even count as young anymore
laugh.gif
)

There needs to be a RUN TMC type nickname for Griffin and Gordon, DoubleG's or some +!@+ like that idk

I am pumped for this draft, I'm a little nervous since it'll be my first snake draft of the season..... might be a bit rusty. Plus I gotta hustle home/get off work early
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

this dude stay over hyping that bum gordon
How? Cause I say always defend him when the Mayo riders say he's much better? Gordon showed the strides he made this summer with Team USA.  He stood out on a team with a lot of good guards.  He is an excellent on ball defender, gets to the hole at will and has great range on his shot.  He has his deficiencies (height, passing
sick.gif
) but him and Blake will work great together.  Both are physical, athletic as hell and love to get up and down the court, Blake is an animal on the boards who doesn't even need the ball to be run through him to dominate a game.  Plus, they aren't coached by Dumbleavy this year.

Even though I said it last year and was wrong I'll reup on my prediction that the Clips get the 8th seed in the playoffs.

^Hollly smokes
laugh.gif
best young duo is up for debate.... just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom