* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Just watched some highlights from tonight, and this new technical foul rule is out of hand.

Agreed.

I wonder how strictly this will be enforced during the season, especially when big name like Duncan, or Kobe are up in a refs face arguing a call.

Saturday morning for draft time?
nerd.gif

6 AM, Saturday morning, for a fantasy basketball draft with a bunch of people you've never met, work for you? 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The hell...?

I don't get what the fuss is about.

I was thinking 11 AM Saturday. (PST)

I don't know about yall, but I like to enjoy my evenings.
nerd.gif

The last thing I want to do on a Saturday morning is wake up hung over after a night of swearing at Yankee fans out at bars after the Rangers beat that %%$ in Game 1 and draft a fantasy team with you idiots.
laugh.gif

I think the beef is that its a Saturday. Rather a weekday evening or something. On top of that it's in the morning.

^
Hang on.......about just doin the draft in a thread on here?  Then I can load it on yahoo.  (I can change the setting, right?) 

That would give us 2 weeks to get the picks filled, everyone just has to be around during the afternoon, we bang out a couple rounds a day, load it, boom, done.  No one time for everybody all at once, if someone has to step out, they're 5 picks away, they send a list of 5 players, we make the pick for them, move on to the next guy. 

People good with that, or do we wanna try to stick to a Yahoo draft with a running clock and all that @#$%? 

Well if it's a weekday other than Friday night (
sick.gif
), I can't really make it.

You said post times your available, and I'm on campus Mon-Fri, and all connections I've tried on-campus won't let me do a live-draft.

No offense CP, that would fail miserably, because of people like Mike.
laugh.gif

Live draft is the best bet.

I really didn't wanna do it Sunday, that's Football night, but whatever, I'm just voicing my opinion since no one else is, but I guess weekends ain't a popular choice, I just won't be able to make it.

^
Mike was in the drafts we did last year, and that was 20-30 people.  This is just 10, and he's usually on line all the time.  And we'd have 2 weeks to draft, instead of a 2 hour window on a weekend night.  And I'm the same as you, I don't have a CPU that I know for sure will allow the Yahoo draft window.  (I have one I can try, but not sure of it yet) 

I mean that'd be fine with me, but I think at least 80% of the people should be okay with it.

Do you know how to input rosters for Yahoo! ?

I've personally never done it before, but I know Nowitness has.

I just figured we wouldn't wanna do that, but hey it's cool with me, we got time before the season starts.

Just don't shaft me and make me 8th pick.
sick.gif

If everybody in the league is always here, I'm all for that option... Seems like the easiest way. I've never been in one of these leagues where everybody showed up for the draft... Just span it out over the next couple of weeks or so and it seems like a good idea.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If everybody in the league is always here, I'm all for that option... Seems like the easiest way. I've never been in one of these leagues where everybody showed up for the draft... Just span it out over the next couple of weeks or so and it seems like a good idea.
I suppose that'd work, but would we have a time limit? or just a lot more lenient?

How you guys want to do the draft, place it here......
JA  -?
Dirk  - NT
Mike  - Yahoo
Pro  -?
JPZ  -?
H3at  -?
Osh  -?
Chester  -?
DoubleJ's  -?
Osh  -?
CP  -  NT

With that group? We won't need a hard time limit... Everybody is pretty well here every single day several times.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Hang on.......about just doin the draft in a thread on here?  Then I can load it on yahoo.  (I can change the setting, right?) 

That would give us 2 weeks to get the picks filled, everyone just has to be around during the afternoon, we bang out a couple rounds a day, load it, boom, done.  No one time for everybody all at once, if someone has to step out, they're 5 picks away, they send a list of 5 players, we make the pick for them, move on to the next guy. 
This
pimp.gif

JA - NT
Dirk - NT
Mike - Yahoo
Pro -?
JPZ -NT
H3at -?
Osh -?
Chester -?
DoubleJ's -?
Osh -?
CP - NT

I PM'd J's, Ches, and Osh so they should come thru when they get the message, Pro and Heat come thru this thread every day, they'll see it soon enough. 

Dirk, didn't you do a randomizer or some @#$% to set the draft order last year?  We'll need something like that for this as well.  I don't want to select an order and have everyone killin me all year for it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

whats wrong with yahoo? i mean everything is right there for us.
Agreed, if everyone worked in the same building, or even lived in the same time zone, but that's not the case.  Getting everyone's schedules set perfectly is pretty tough.  But havin a thread open where we all can take our time, and still function elsewhere while we do it, that's not bad.  Think about it, you could select players from your phone and what not.  We can be sure to put all the info we need inside the thread in terms of positions, a yahoo list of players to choose from, etc etc. 

Back
Top Bottom