* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by NobleKane

carmelo, rose, and boozer pairing is a better PAIRING than lebron, wade, and bosh.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
No lie, I read that and was like:

d8e355ac4b5f6b88d22818ce6ac7671f98fc41b.gif

tumblr_l8761gZvYe1qan1wk.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In other news, Tim Thomas decided he won't play for the Mavericks this year, or the NBA at all, as he'll be taking care of his still ill wife.
Not a fan of his, and as much as it sucks that he's unable to play, it's great seeing professional athletes recognize what's really important in life.

Related...

[h2]http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/09/16/mavs-high-on-brian-cardinal/[/h2]
[h2]Mavs high on Brian Cardinal[/h2]
September 16, 2010  ·  12:15AM
POSTED BY: ART GARCIA

The Mavericks are moving quickly to fill the unexpected vacancy left by Tim Thomas, with veteran Brian Cardinal emerging as the early favorite to sign a free-agent contract, league sources told NBA.com. A deal, however, has not been reached as Dallas continues to consider other options.

Those possibilities include Bobby Simmons and Steve Novak. Cardinal appears to have the edge in discussions within team circles based on his experience, shooting range and work ethic.

Cardinal, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two years in Minnesota. The 6-foot-8 forward out of Purdue failed to live up to the six-year deal he signed $45 million in 2004 with Memphis. Still, Cardinal could give the Mavericks some much-needed depth behind All-Star power forward Dirk Nowitzki.

The front office thought it had ample insurance with Thomas, who missed most of last season to care for his ill wife Tricia. Thomas signed a new one-year contract with Dallas this offseason after it appeared his wife had recovered to the point where he could play again.

Earlier this week that situation changed. Thomas informed the team that he would again need to tend to his wife this season. The Mavs have contacted the league seeking to void Thomas’ contract.

Cardinal, 33, has career averages of 5.4 points and 2.7 rebounds over 356 games. His best season was 2003-04 in Golden State when he averaged 9.6 points and 4.2 rebounds in 76 games. He signed the monster deal with the Grizzlies that summer.

Simmons, 30, exploded onto the scene with the Clippers during the 2004-05 season, averaging 16.4 points and 5.9 boards. He cashed in with $47 million, five-year contract with Milwaukee that offseason, but has been a non-factor for several seasons.

Novak, 27, is a four-year vet having played the first two seasons in Houston and the last two with the Los Angeles Clippers. He owns career averages of 4.1 points and 1.1 rebounds.

BRIAN CARDINAL is the mother %@#*@%@ truth! Seriously, this free agent pick up will put the Mavs over the hump. Go ahead and pencil this in: Dallas will be the 2011 NBA Champs. Book it.

OMG this news is seriously the biggest and most exciting piece of news I've heard all summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have been the biggest fan of BC since his Purdue days
pimp.gif
smile.gif
He's Rick Carlisle's guy too so I think there is a good shot of him ending up on the roster.

First sentence is kinda sarcasm.
Second sentence is from the heart.

All the basketball preview mags are popping up in the stores now. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  Can't believe it's already here, seriously. 

Interesting scenario I read from CBS Sports today:

3 team deal for Melo -

Sixers get: Devin Harris & Derrick Favors
Nets get: Melo
Nuggets get: Andre Iguodala

nerd.gif

Nuggets trade Melo for AI2................wow, bet they can't wait to do that deal, surprised it's not already done. 

Man, come on. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nuggets trade Melo for AI2................wow, bet they can't wait to do that deal, surprised it's not already done. 

Man, come on. 
laugh.gif

Denver will be stuck in neutral for years.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Interesting scenario I read from CBS Sports today:

3 team deal for Melo -

Sixers get: Devin Harris & Derrick Favors
Nets get: Melo
Nuggets get: Andre Iguodala

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 whoever concocted that should be stoned to death.

Man, come on. 
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly. Who the #&$* wants an underachieving 27-year old, with 4 years & roughly $56.4 million remaining on his contract... especially if you're rebuilding.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Man, come on. 
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly. Who the #&$* wants an underachieving 27-year old, with 4 years & roughly $56.4 million remaining on his contract... especially if you're rebuilding.
DAMN...
You know he LURKS NT right?.
nerd.gif

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming will not play more than 24 minutes a game next season in an attempt to limit stress on his bones, Rockets vice president and athletic trainer Keith Jones told the Houston Chronicle.

1722.jpg

Yao

Under the plan, Yao will be stictly limited to 24 minutes, and he will even sit during crucial final-second possessions if he has passed the mark. If Yao plays fewer than 24 minutes one night, he will not be allowed more time in a later game.

"Twenty-four is his number all year," Jones told the newspaper. "Playoffs come, things could change. We're trying to get him through April. We're trying to give him the best chance to play the whole season by limiting stress. Even practices, if we play on Monday and play again on Wednesday, can he practice on Tuesday? No. He'll practice, but he won't scrimmage."

Yao has missed at least part of the past five seasons because of bone-related injuries. Yao sat out last season after undergoing complex surgery on his left foot in July 2009. Team doctor Tom Clanton cleared Yao to resume basketball activities in August.

Yao also is likely to miss the second of games played on back-to-back nights, though that policy may change.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman agreed to the plan and pledged not to fight the training staff over Yao's playing time.

The Rockets open training camp on Sept. 25. They will travel to China in mid-October for two preseason games against New Jersey.

Aye, serious question, ya'll see those vids in the Paul Pierce thread?  What the heck is goin on in there, anyone know?  Is someone messin around with the vids, or is he really doin that stuff and nobody ever caught it before?  There's no way that stuff has happened and no one has ever mentioned it before.  But those vids freak me out man. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Man, come on. 
laugh.gif
DAMN...
You know he LURKS NT right?.
nerd.gif
xohz0l.jpg

Originally Posted by franchise3

If Yao can't make it through 24MPG a game this season, it's time to move on.
I thought it was obvious that his body isn't made for the NBA season by now.

I have my doubts about him even with the limited minutes.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

* waits for AI2 to drop 50 on DENVER...go to the center of the court...and TAP TAP PULL*  
laugh.gif

I wonder what will happen first for Iguodala; putting up a 40-point game or averaging 20 PPG over the course of a season? Both seem pretty far fetched.

I was gonna say, dude be on the planet by hisself waitin for a 50 point game from Iggy. 

If Iggy had a 50 point 3 game stretch I would call that a career highlight for the man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]Cuban says "hell yes" his Mavericks can beat the Lakers[/h2]
Thu Sep 16,2010 2:15 PM ETBy Kurt Helin
Things are going to be different this year for the Mavericks. No more of that "good but not quite good enough" stuff. Time to own the West, the NBA.

This is the year the Mavericks beat the Lakers.

That's not me saying that, I still have a shred of sanity left. It's Mark Cuban, owner of the Mavericks, on KRLD in Dallas. Here's what he said (thanks Sports Radio Interviews), when he was asked if Dallas could beat Los Angeles:

"Hell yes. That's it. Hell yes. We've got the size now. We've got the depth. We've got a lot more depth than the Lakers. It's not even close there...

"I'm excited about it. We're going to continue our streak [nine straight 50 win seasons]. We're going to have a great team. I think we have the depth, experience and are younger and more athletic to kind of fill some holes we had last year. We are going to be better... This is a really, really special opportunity for us. We're going to have the deepest team in the NBA by far. I think our second unit, J.J. (Barea), Jet (Rodigue Beaubois) and probably Shawn Marion or Caron Butler switching back and forth with the second unit with rookie Dominique Jones playing the three, Tyson Chandler playing the four and Brendan (Haywood) or Ian (Mahini) playing the five. Our second unit could beat a lot of first units. We're going to have so much depth that it's really going to give us an advantage this year. All our guys are coming in with one focus only and that's to win a championship. That's the goal. "

I get what Cuban is saying. Dirk Nowtizki kind of is a wash with Pau Gasol. Jason Kidd, even at this point in his career, is better than Derek Fisher/Steve Blake. Shawn Marion is as good or better than Ron Artest. Brendan Haywood can hang right there with Andrew Bynum. Caron Butler can be Lamar Odom...

That's everyone right? Can't think of any other matchups that really tilt things toward the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom