OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

I never seen so many people wear kobes for bball. Miles davis is everywhere.

Where exactly? I personally have not seen them played in anywhere, especially in the tri State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

I didn't see them while on vacation in the Carribean either, so where is "everywhere"?

For all of those who talk about "Kobe" making lows popular to play in,

do your research.

SMH @ these people.

They're still popular, just not where you're at. And if YOU did YOUR research, you would've noticed several NBA & other players in GR & iD'd Kobe IV & V's in the last two seasons more than anyone else playing in low tops over probably the past 5 seasons combined.

Nike PAYS those players to wear their shoes.

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Your correct and missing the point. Low tops was the main shoe in the 50's,60's, and 70's but in the 80's until now over I say 95% of the nba, college, and high school players have played in mid's and high's.  I know when I was in high school (95-99) I never saw anyone play in a low top shoe. Kobe was not the first to wear lows but he took the stigma off low tops being a "scary" thing to wear on the court.
QFT. That's the point I was trying to make. Players have worn low tops but they haven't been as widely accepted until now.

EVERYONE is wearing Kobes.. There was an article on Yahoo.. or maybe in SI about it. There was a pic of the Jordan 1s and it spoke on the current transition to low tops.

Anyone have that article?

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

Your correct and missing the point. Low tops was the main shoe in the 50's,60's, and 70's but in the 80's until now over I say 95% of the nba, college, and high school players have played in mid's and high's.  I know when I was in high school (95-99) I never saw anyone play in a low top shoe. Kobe was not the first to wear lows but he took the stigma off low tops being a "scary" thing to wear on the court.
QFT. That's the point I was trying to make. Players have worn low tops but they haven't been as widely accepted until now.

EVERYONE is wearing Kobes.. There was an article on Yahoo.. or maybe in SI about it. There was a pic of the Jordan 1s and it spoke on the current transition to low tops.

Anyone have that article?

Where, L.A.?  It's not happening here on the East Coast! What do you mean by widely accepted? If you mean by NIKE MARKETING A SPECIFIC SHOE, then yeah! However, Jordan lows have been played in, then have been praised as well.

air-jordan-17-xvii-original-og-low-white-university-blue-black-chrome-1.jpg
air-jordan-17-xvii-original-og-low-white-university-blue-black-chrome-2.jpg

This was a fantastic low shoe, better than the Kobe shoe, then of higher quality! 

^^^^^ You sir are missing the whole statement, before the Kobe IV-V how many players were playing in lows....not a lot. Now the popularity of low tops has grown everywhere (worldwide), and the XVII Low top is a good hoop shoe but no way in hell betr than the Kobe V as far as hoops. XVII is one of my fav Jordans of all time too btw

Originally Posted by THA REAL A2THAMOS

^^^^^ You sir are missing the whole statement, before the Kobe IV-V how many players were playing in lows....not a lot. Now the popularity of low tops has grown everywhere (worldwide), and the XVII Low top is a good hoop shoe but no way in hell betr than the Kobe V as far as hoops. XVII is one of my fav Jordans of all time too btw

I am not "missing" anything, I simply do not agree with any of you. Nike didn't have a low cut platform shoe, in order to give to the players on their roster. A few players were wearing the Trash Talks, and last year the Hyperdunk lows, but Nike made the big push in the league with the Kobe shoe, in order to give it major exposure in the US market, which where Kobe's shoes do not do as well as they do in Asia.

So I am going to say it again, Nike PAYS the players in the NBA to wear those shoes, and then pays the college coaches/programs to promote their product, just like every other company does.

As for the current low trend, that began with Adidas and the Gil Zero series, which was a very popular shoe. But since Nike puts more money in their marketing, mainly because the quality of their shoes suck, they have the resources to make it seem as if these shoes are everywhere, when they are actually not.

Kobe Bryant is not responsible for people playing in lows again. I am sure that we have all been to the park or rec center, then playing against the dude who is playing in a pair of running shoes, then actually getting it done.

??????????????????

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

I am not "missing" anything, I simply do not agree with any of you. Nike didn't have a low cut platform shoe, in order to give to the players on their roster. A few players were wearing the Trash Talks, and last year the Hyperdunk lows, but Nike made the big push in the league with the Kobe shoe, in order to give it major exposure in the US market, which where Kobe's shoes do not do as well as they do in Asia.

So I am going to say it again, Nike PAYS the players in the NBA to wear those shoes, and then pays the college coaches/programs to promote their product, just like every other company does.

As for the current low trend, that began with Adidas and the Gil Zero series, which was a very popular shoe. But since Nike puts more money in their marketing, mainly because the quality of their shoes suck, they have the resources to make it seem as if these shoes are everywhere, when they are actually not.

Kobe Bryant is not responsible for people playing in lows again. I am sure that we have all been to the park or rec center, then playing against the dude who is playing in a pair of running shoes, then actually getting it done.

Lol check the sales for the Gil zeros compared to just the Kobe IVs, the Gil zero may have started it but they were not as popular as the Kobe IVs. How is Kobe Bryant not responsible for lows being so popular nowadays?

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

??????????????????

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You do know this is 2010 rite?

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

Lol check the sales for the Gil zeros compared to just the Kobe IVs, the Gil zero may have started it but they were not as popular as the Kobe IVs. How is Kobe Bryant not responsible for lows being so popular nowadays?

Not only is it a lame argument that you are presenting while citing "sales", but it is also subjective. True, the bottom line is sales, it does not suggest how many are buying the shoe based upon performance. So if you want to bring up "sales", the Jordan Space Jam 11's are a better shoe than the Kobe shoe, correct?

To answer your question...here on Niketalk people THINK that Kobe Bryant is responsible.

But we know that Niketalk truth, is much different than reality.

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

??????????????????

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You do know this is 2010 rite?

Do you?

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

Nat Turner wrote:

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

Not only is it a lame argument that you are presenting while citing "sales", but it is also subjective. True, the bottom line is sales, it does not suggest how many are buying the shoe based upon performance. So if you want to bring up "sales", the Jordan Space Jam 11's are a better shoe than the Kobe shoe, correct?

To answer your question...here on Niketalk people THINK that Kobe Bryant is responsible.

But we know that Niketalk truth, is much different than reality.

What I am saying is that due to the performance specificationss that Kobe wanted in his shoes the Low top Kobes were introduced, performance wise IMO there are no other Bball shoe that can compare. Have you ever played bball in a pair of the Kobe IV-V?

Where exactly? I personally have not seen them played in anywhere, especially in the tri State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

I didn't see them while on vacation in the Carribean either, so where is "everywhere"?

For all of those who talk about "Kobe" making lows popular to play in, http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS2Uy...&sigr=1180hb7k8&sigi=11qvegf1h&sigb=12p8fe28p

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS2Uy...&sigr=116v5hg68&sigi=119p18fr5&sigb=12p8fe28p  
nba_ap_nash_395x450.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX_8y...&sigr=11vu49u46&sigi=11oqvpsr8&sigb=12tcmu9gehttp://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX8_y...&sigr=11tigl9s0&sigi=11jstj0p2&sigb=13lvuqf55http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX.Dy...&sigr=11v91qsd2&sigi=139g0oncj&sigb=13vtpirb1
phil-jackson.2.jpg

do your research.

SMH @ these people.

How can you say that wiith al the pics posted? He took the stigma off for who, Niketalkers? Just because you didn't see players wear them on court, doesn't mean that people were not wearing them....I mean, sneaker companies did not stop making low cuts. I've seen people play in low cut Air Force Ones, and other shoes,

sam_cassell_photofile.jpg
1243022_f520.jpg

Kobe Bryant isn't responsible for this.

Nobody said he was! Just because you found some pictures of 7 players wearing lows don't make your point. What most are saying look at what the kobe IV and V has done for the low top shoe. Now a lot of players are wearing low top shoes not just Kobes. And for the AF1 comment Rasheed Wallace is the only person sporting those and his was HIGH TOP
laugh.gif
. AF1 are a casual shoe just like jordan retros are now.

For all of those who talk about "Kobe" making lows popular to play in, http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS2Uy...&sigr=1180hb7k8&sigi=11qvegf1h&sigb=12p8fe28p

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS2Uy...&sigr=116v5hg68&sigi=119p18fr5&sigb=12p8fe28p  
nba_ap_nash_395x450.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX_8y...&sigr=11vu49u46&sigi=11oqvpsr8&sigb=12tcmu9gehttp://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX8_y...&sigr=11tigl9s0&sigi=11jstj0p2&sigb=13lvuqf55http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoX.Dy...&sigr=11v91qsd2&sigi=139g0oncj&sigb=13vtpirb1
phil-jackson.2.jpg

do your research.

SMH @ these people.

How can you say that wiith al the pics posted? He took the stigma off for who, Niketalkers? Just because you didn't see players wear them on court, doesn't mean that people were not wearing them....I mean, sneaker companies did not stop making low cuts. I've seen people play in low cut Air Force Ones, and other shoes,

sam_cassell_photofile.jpg
1243022_f520.jpg

Kobe Bryant isn't responsible for this.

Nobody said he was! Just because you found some pictures of 7 players wearing lows don't make your point. What most are saying look at what the kobe IV and V has done for the low top shoe. Now a lot of players are wearing low top shoes not just Kobes. And for the AF1 comment Rasheed Wallace is the only person sporting those and his was HIGH TOP
laugh.gif
. AF1 are a casual shoe just like jordan retros are now.

Do you understand context?  Let's keep that in consideration.

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

??????????????????

Read what he stated. He didn't say anything about hoops, he said Kobe made lows POPULAR.

BTW, what is Darius Miles wearing?

101003camp06.jpg

*GASP*

Are those Jordan retros????

POOF! There goes another "Niketalk truth"!

D. Miles is wearing SpaceJams ur point? And Kobe did make low tops popular, you still never answered the question have you ever played in Kobe IV or V?

D. Miles is wearing SpaceJams ur point? And Kobe did make low tops popular, you still never answered the question have you ever played in Kobe IV or V?
READ, and Yes.

6191696b6adf7d1863309991629d1eb100f8a1a5_r.jpg

This was a fantastic low shoe, better than the Kobe shoe, then of higher quality! 
Fantastic low, yes. Better than Kobe & higher quality, HEAVENS NO!!!

So I guess Nike paid you to wear those huh? Case closed.......
eyes.gif
, back to the shoes I hope they do re release the BS

Actually, sort of, I get the shoes for free. I work with athletes.

Case opened.  

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

Fantastic low, yes. Better than Kobe & higher quality, HEAVENS NO!!!

The Kobe shoe is plastic, and this Jordan shoe is LEATHER, so how is the quality better? The Kobe's support plate has cracked after a few wears for many players, and the material rips!   http://niketalk.com/topic/231999?page=19

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

eyes.gif

Case opened.  

You still havent made a valid pt on any of your post....so I'm out while rockn my Kobe's

This guy Nat Turner is a troll.....The Kobe IV helped start a MAJOR trend that low top shoes are okay for Basketball. If you cant see that you obiviously have not played competitve Basketball. How many players were wearing low tops to play a few years ago compared to now, its night and day.

THA REAL A2THAMOS wrote:

eyes.gif

Case opened.  

You still havent made a valid pt on any of your post....so I'm out while rockn my Kobe's

And you haven't proven that,

1. Everyone is wearing Kobe's.
2. Kobe Bryant made wearing lows popular.

I guess they've been wearing mids in tennis and soccer for years.

Now go out and play in your plastic shoes....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

This guy Nat Turner is a troll.....The Kobe IV helped start a MAJOR trend that low top shoes are okay for Basketball. If you cant see that you obiviously have not played competitve Basketball. How many players were wearing low tops to play a few years ago compared to now, its night and day.

75e36a7c60936fc5d5b47c471dac6bb57ad0a49f_r.jpg

1df362eb6876698bd6387a8316966d435e1c0499_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom