OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

I'm really glad that the released V didn't come with a strap! Anxiously awaiting to cop the POPs!

I totally wish they had made mids of these, the pics with the strap is FIRE!!!!!!!!!  But I'm content with how they made it

Originally Posted by answer348

In my searching on the Kobe V, I came across a picture from about six months ago with several colorways of the shoe, some that have been released already and some that have not. One that caught my eye was a colorway that seemed based on the U.S. Olympic team. Here's a link to where I saw them:

Olympic Kobe V

Does anyone know anything about these or when they might be released?
August delivery

^^so which is it? Aug or Nov
nerd.gif

I'm anxiously waiting for the USAs as well.....

Does anyone know if footlockers or finishline still carry the red laces or do i need to order from nike.com? they want $8 for shipping....

i want that dark purple pair!!!!!!!! does anyone know when those are gonna drop? also more pics please!!

the shoe beside it, the gunmetal red speckled one looks like a poor mans aston

^^thanks!

and make a new acct (make up a new email addy) with Nike and get free shipping.

yuku staff has left their desks to hit the corners for extra cheese.. I see.

And the "poor" mans astons comment was lame

how the lesser version gonna look better then the better version

Originally Posted by s dubl

Bryscoop...I don't think everyone is asking about the POP release being QS or GR because they want em to be QS so they can get em and be "cool", I think most are asking so they can judge how easy/difficult it will be for them to obtain a pair. Type of release makes a huge difference on availability, especially if you don't live near a big foot locker.
I just got done typing a long paragraph in response to Bryscoop and then I read your post
devil.gif

It's essentially the same as what you said but since I took the time to write it, I will still post it.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Whoreally cares what they are(POP that is)- GR, QS, hyperstrike, point isif you like 'em get 'em.  If not, don't sweat it.  I don't like the POPvery much at all personally so I will pass.  I doubt they will grow onme, but I could be wrong.  I really like the Del Sols and will probablysnag two.  One to wear and the other to shelve for a diff. year.  If Ihad to do it all over again, I would have gotten two Chaos and DKs aswell, but I didn't really focus on it at the time.  I think this willbe a shoe ten years from now that will be considered a game changer inthe overall scheme of the shoe world.  Similar to Foamposite, AJ 11, Air max 95, Trainer 1, etc...
I think people care whatkind of release they are because it lets them know how hard they willhave to work to get a pair if they want one. Like for me, if it is aGR, I know I can cop easily inside the store at my local FTL. If it's alimited GR like the Chaos (which didn't even release in my state), thenI have to order online. If it's a HOH only release (obviously it's not)then I have to contact my connects. That's the only reason why Ibelieve people are discussing what type of release they are.

I think you might have the mentality that I do in the JB forum. Whenever someone asks about the availability of a shoe in the JB forum, 99% of the time, it's either because they want to know if its worth it to cop for resell or they want to know because they like the idea of a shoe being limited. That's why I hate going in the JB forum.

Kobe buyers are smart, they buy what they like not because of the hype. That's why you could get some of the less heralded HOH releases weeks after RD like the Rices. Joints were ugly and they stayed on the shelves. If a Jordan IV or Jordan III came out in the Rice colorway and was HOH only release, I guarantee it sells out on the first day because of the hypebeasts and resellers stupid enough to think they can make $ on them. There are no Kobe hypebeasts that I know of.

And I too wish I would've grabbed two pairs of Chaos too, that or at least one pair of DKs.

just got bac from the game, what a RIP,
first kobe sits out,
then the only player left thats worth watching-- Tyreke gets 3 fouls in the first 6 minutes of first quarter,
thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhen when he finally gets back into the game in the 3rd, he gets double T'd up and ejected........
such Biased lakers REFFING

at least i won a free Oil change.... lol basically payed for my ticket haha

anyways, im really looking forward to the AM's, smurfs, and OLYMPICs.... from the start, ive thought the oly's were the hottest c.w!

On a different note, I really hope they don't turn out the Kobe V and make a bunch of TB colorways like they did with the IV. Made them less prestigious. TB the garbage LeBrons, not the Kobes.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Originally Posted by lj12

the shoe beside it, the gunmetal red speckled one looks like a poor mans aston

They actually look better then the "rich" mans aston martins...
not for me tho, i'm not really feeling the red swoosh and think the cream colored lining of the astons are a nice touch.. but yeah both shoes are pretty decent looking IMO. i just need the metallic purple pair!! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KG21

Bryscoop...I don't think everyone is asking about the POP release being QS or GR because they want em to be QS so they can get em and be "cool", I think most are asking so they can judge how easy/difficult it will be for them to obtain a pair. Type of release makes a huge difference on availability, especially if you don't live near a big foot locker.
I just got done typing a long paragraph in response to Bryscoop and then I read your post
devil.gif

It's essentially the same as what you said but since I took the time to write it, I will still post it.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Who really cares what they are(POP that is)- GR, QS, hyperstrike, point is if you like 'em get 'em.  If not, don't sweat it.  I don't like the POP very much at all personally so I will pass.  I doubt they will grow on me, but I could be wrong.  I really like the Del Sols and will probably snag two.  One to wear and the other to shelve for a diff. year.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten two Chaos and DKs as well, but I didn't really focus on it at the time.  I think this will be a shoe ten years from now that will be considered a game changer in the overall scheme of the shoe world.  Similar to Foamposite, AJ 11,  Air max 95, Trainer 1, etc...
I think people care what kind of release they are because it lets them know how hard they will have to work to get a pair if they want one. Like for me, if it is a GR, I know I can cop easily inside the store at my local FTL. If it's a limited GR like the Chaos (which didn't even release in my state), then I have to order online. If it's a HOH only release (obviously it's not) then I have to contact my connects. That's the only reason why I believe people are discussing what type of release they are.

I think you might have the mentality that I do in the JB forum. Whenever someone asks about the availability of a shoe in the JB forum, 99% of the time, it's either because they want to know if its worth it to cop for resell or they want to know because they like the idea of a shoe being limited. That's why I hate going in the JB forum.

Kobe buyers are smart, they buy what they like not because of the hype. That's why you could get some of the less heralded HOH releases weeks after RD like the Rices. Joints were ugly and they stayed on the shelves. If a Jordan IV or Jordan III came out in the Rice colorway and was HOH only release, I guarantee it sells out on the first day because of the hypebeasts and resellers stupid enough to think they can make $ on them. There are no Kobe hypebeasts that I know of.

And I too wish I would've grabbed two pairs of Chaos too, that or at least one pair of DKs.

You and I can both say we do this... alot of the (I don't even have a name for them) in this thread buy for hype and throw it in their sig and try and earn style points.
I buy what I like, sucks that sometimes what I like is "hyped" and I have to go outside of my means for purchasing them.

Originally Posted by KG21

On a different note, I really hope they don't turn out the Kobe V and make a bunch of TB colorways like they did with the IV. Made them less prestigious. TB the garbage LeBrons, not the Kobes.

OHHHHHHHHHH NOO he didnt!!!!!!! lol

I kind of wish they kept the strap...especially if it was removable.
sup sdub... haha dude this reminded me of the team jordans from back in the day when the straps were removable and interchangeable.  i forgot what they were called though
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom