OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by never wear them

I think it's gona be impossible to get Kobe gear at the outlets now. Only gear you see is JB and some Lbj stuff. If you notice, NDC sells out on popular sizes even with the 150$ price tag on Kobe jackets.

Someone please tell me something off the Kobe line that they did not like...I'll wait...
Those puppet shirts 

The whole history of the Kobe line, or just this past year? If its the whole K1-KV then I did not care for the entire K3 and most of the K1. Nike only started to do justice for Kobe once the IV dropped IMHO.

Originally Posted by jdub562

I think it's gona be impossible to get Kobe gear at the outlets now. Only gear you see is JB and some Lbj stuff. If you notice, NDC sells out on popular sizes even with the 150$ price tag on Kobe jackets.

Someone please tell me something off the Kobe line that they did not like...I'll wait...
Those puppet shirts 

The whole history of the Kobe line, or just this past year? If its the whole K1-KV then I did not care for the entire K3 and most of the K1. Nike only started to do justice for Kobe once the IV dropped IMHO.
I agree.. i'm not a kobe "fan" so i'm not a biased opinion towards it, but i didn't like any kobe's before the IV which i like all that much, but I love the V.. dont really like anything else.. sorry

^IIIs are the only Kobes from 1-5 that I don't own. Never liked them, but I have seen a pic or two on here that made me question this. haha
I don't think there's a V on the horizon thats a 'must have' for me. I still have to find a pair of BLs when the time is right.

Well duh. Thats because...

Kobe > MJ >>>>>> LbJ
tongue.gif

But really tho, the entire Kobe line has yet to disappoint. Not even just the V's. So far I (I'm sure many others) have fell in love with every single Kobe released thus far. That's just for shoes. CW's, clothes, Jackets/Sweaters, all on point. You see JB and you see LbJ stuff and some of it is quite nice, but usually hit or miss.

I just don't like how the kobe v shorts and pants are so baggy. 

Originally Posted by c4

^IIIs are the only Kobes from 1-5 that I don't own. Never liked them, but I have seen a pic or two on here that made me question this. haha
I don't think there's a V on the horizon thats a 'must have' for me. I still have to find a pair of BLs when the time is right.
The III's are really comfortable but the waffle look takes some time to get use to, haha.  I picked up the all blacks and MPLS editions for only $40 a piece at the outlets. 
glasses.gif

Does footlocker carry the Kobe shorts? I wanna buy the impulse ones but I would like to get on sale. Anyone have them and can give a review on how they are and sz run? I wear xl in Nike shorts but I've got plain ones and NBA swingmans and they aren't as long as I've heard Kobe,lebron and Jordan shorts are so I might do l in the kobes.

Well duh. Thats because...

Kobe > MJ >>>>>> LbJ
tongue.gif

But really tho, the entire Kobe line has yet to disappoint. Not even just the V's. So far I (I'm sure many others) have fell in love with every single Kobe released thus far. That's just for shoes. CW's, clothes, Jackets/Sweaters, all on point. You see JB and you see LbJ stuff and some of it is quite nice, but usually hit or miss.

It's hard to compare Kobe and Michael.

I'll agree with the LBJ part. Kobe/MJ > LBJ and the part about Kobe apparel.

Those puppet shirts 

well, I enjoyed the whole kobe line. The KB1 & KB2 are great looking and they go with great apparels too.. the KB3 have a unique look but they are performance monsters.. and KB4-KB5 are just classic.. hate that they overdone the puppets..

pimp.gif
jcskyplaya20 wrote:

four more people hoopin' in the Vs tonight at my gym.  Plus 5-6 other guys rockin' IVs.  Kobes gettin some mad love down in the IE.

kobe's shoes are all over the place now.

pimp.gif
jcskyplaya20 wrote:

four more people hoopin' in the Vs tonight at my gym.  Plus 5-6 other guys rockin' IVs.  Kobes gettin some mad love down in the IE.

kobe's shoes are all over the place now.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Does footlocker carry the Kobe shorts? I wanna buy the impulse ones but I would like to get on sale. Anyone have them and can give a review on how they are and sz run? I wear xl in Nike shorts but I've got plain ones and NBA swingmans and they aren't as long as I've heard Kobe,lebron and Jordan shorts are so I might do l in the kobes.

Every Footlocker I've been in recently has had the Impluse shorts but not the "Kobe V" shorts. They are a little thin but the all red shorts look hot. I didnt like the yellow/black because from a little bit of a distance they almost appear to have grey pin stripes but its just the way the material is. I buy a L in Nike shorts but a M in Jordan/Kobe shorts. For the Kobe pants, hoody's, and jackets I buy a L. HTH

EDIT: I'm in OC so maybe they just have the gear because of my location.

Oh, and I dont know how some of you guys werent/arent feelin the ZKIII's. It was my fav until the V came out. V>III>IV>I>II

<---Peep the avy

Regarding the Kobe shorts I thought I remembered seeing a dimension difference between the 2 so I went back to the FTL site.

Kobe V Description - 13" inseam. 26" outseam.
Kobe Impulse Description - 12" inseam. 26" outseam.

Dont know how much of a difference this would be looks wise in the real world.

Originally Posted by gijace

Those puppet shirts 

well, I enjoyed the whole kobe line. The KB1 & KB2 are great looking and they go with great apparels too.. the KB3 have a unique look but they are performance monsters.. and KB4-KB5 are just classic.. hate that they overdone the puppets..

I think he was referring more to the Kobe clothing line than the shoes. And I would have to agree, almost all of the items that have been put out for Kobe's line have been excellent as far as design and quality. They FAR surpass the designs that have been put out for the Lebron and Jordan lines in the last 5 years. The only problem I have with Kobe's clothing is with the shirts. Some of the designs are rather tacky (puppets theme, plastering Kobe's face or name in large print on every other shirt, etc.), but the jackets and shorts are beyond excellent.  

I always liked the 3s except the MPLS color...(and one of Edwins wdywt pics actually changed my view on that) I just never got around the buying any...smh @ me for spending all my $$ on Js at that time.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I always liked the 3s except the MPLS color...(and one of Edwins wdywt pics actually changed my view on that) I just never got around the buying any...smh @ me for spending all my $$ on Js at that time.
Yea, J's....fail. Especially at that time..WTH was being released during that time??

Originally Posted by abstractability

You got em signed Tony?

Also.. OC brahs in the house!!!  Where you at D?

They are signed but I picked them up that way. I have yet to meet the man personally...well besides in a Wendy's drive thu window...lol

Back
Top Bottom