OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Guys can anyone help me out with a nike code for the chaos / aways / dark knights?

I just want to check my local spot availability

Originally Posted by gijace

Originally Posted by GZA73

Some FTLs already got their shipments in!

pimp.gif

Let the Mayhem Begin..........

p1_kobe1.jpg

Originally Posted by al3x89

^^ looks like it.

I want them!!

What's the release date?

I would like to know as well. But my guess would be sometime around spring? Because the Bruce Lee's are scheduled for Spring.

Nike Catalog:

492936870b19d75651b97b4.jpg

just to make it clear again from the Nike Basketball page on facebook:
"Unsure when the Zoom Kobe V will be available on NIKEiD? Mark your calendars now, December 25 is the date.No need to wait until the 26th. Also, the price will be $160, not $165 as previously reported."

damn... i'm not waiting that long for a black based pair.

I'm just gonna order all black Nike IDs. with some touch ups. lol

btw.. I don't think the $160 price tag is much, considering we have more options this year than last. People need to stop complaining.

Bill Simmons (ESPN) had this in Part 1 of his Malcom Gladwell post today:

"When I visited Nike last month, we toured the development building (in which they customize sneakers for specific athletes), and the guy who ran it toldus that Kobe was their favorite client. Why? Because he kept pushing them and pushing them to make the right shoes for him, even flying there for days at atime just to put himself through grueling workouts with sensors all over his body. This past summer, he pushed them to create a special low-top sneaker thatalso would prevent him from rolling his ankles -- which seems incongruous on paper -- yet they feel as if they pulled it off. And only because he kept pushingthem."

I'm interested to know if it actually helped. I may have to get these.

yeah i definitely need to see how these shoes really perform. gonna wait for the aways and if all looks good, bruce lees + 2 iD's lol.

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

"When I visited Nike last month, we toured the development building (in which they customize sneakers for specific athletes), and the guy who ran it told us that Kobe was their favorite client. Why? Because he kept pushing them and pushing them to make the right shoes for him, even flying there for days at a time just to put himself through grueling workouts with sensors all over his body. This past summer, he pushed them to create a special low-top sneaker that also would prevent him from rolling his ankles -- which seems incongruous on paper -- yet they feel as if they pulled it off. And only because he kept pushing them."

have to respect that dedication
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gswfan88

any info on bay area footlockers releasing the Chaos? i.e daly city, SF, east bay?
need to know too.. and is it gonna be up on NDC?

EDIT:
don't know if these are the kobe V white/black/red
84fccd22312420e221b9d42d8db4e224-getty-82921732dd007_kobe_bryant.jpg

71ec2e7a22335a6c46720937a5567377-getty-82921732dd004_kobe_bryant.jpg

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

"When I visited Nike last month, we toured the development building (in which they customize sneakers for specific athletes), and the guy who ran it told us that Kobe was their favorite client. Why? Because he kept pushing them and pushing them to make the right shoes for him, even flying there for days at a time just to put himself through grueling workouts with sensors all over his body. This past summer, he pushed them to create a special low-top sneaker that also would prevent him from rolling his ankles -- which seems incongruous on paper -- yet they feel as if they pulled it off. And only because he kept pushing them."

have to respect that dedication
pimp.gif
Another reason why........nevermind.
wink.gif

I like reading/hearing things like this. If a player of that caliber put this much dedication into his shoe than who I am to second guessperformance/function? Kobe is that dude.

Originally Posted by JordanSneakerhead23

My local spot is getting about 75 pairs of the chaos, I believe distribution on these are not as tight as last years drop

I think so too. Because I went to a local Foot Locker and asked them about the Kobe V. He said on the manifest that they getting Kobe Vs which they can releasethe saturday after Christmas.He thinks its gonna be a white based shoe but he's not positive. I'd be happy if they were the Chaos or the Aways eitherway I hope I dont have to wait til the middle of January.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom