OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

kanye won, that song is ****ing beautiful

why wasnt this on the album? 3k spit a quick classic
Thanks for the heads up.

I thought the heavy *** GD influence around this album was a little weird. Now I know that I can pretty much chalk them up to Drake references. Like the Ye's entire verse on Jonah has to be at Drake.

I don't have an adjective bright enough to describe how good LOTP is... just feeling super blessed to have the full song file.

Thanks to Kanye, 3 Stacks and I guess Drake for the leak... If there was malicious intent by Aubrey, I'd call it a backfire.

what was the point of releasing the track by drake?? Song is more fire than anything on his album. Also gonna need visuals for hurricane

You really gonna act like Ye ain't left classics off an album before?
*inserts bittersweet poetry*
Nah I've listened to the album in its "final" form & a large some of the transitions & track placements are careless. At a certain point it plays like a compilation opposed to an album. Like I think there was gonna be 2 parts. Pt. 1 being is marriage falling apart ("Never Abandon Your Family"), and part 2 was shaping into him repairing it ("Come to Life"). There's a great album in what we have, but how we received it was fairly mediocre. I only really listen to full projects, so stuff like this bothers me. This particular song didn't even have to be included, but it could've played well into the story Ye was performing.

So Drake just happened to have a Kanye song with 3k on it tucked away on the hard drive, huh? :lol:

If you guys can’t see the juxx for sales going on here you’re blind as hell. Both these dudes laughing and “beefing” all the way to the bank.

Nah I've listened to the album in its "final" form & a large some of the transitions & track placements are careless. At a certain point it plays like a compilation opposed to an album. Like I think there was gonna be 2 parts. Pt. 1 being is marriage falling apart ("Never Abandon Your Family"), and part 2 was shaping into him repairing it ("Come to Life"). There's a great album in what we have, but how we received it was fairly mediocre. I only really listen to full projects, so stuff like this bothers me. This particular song didn't even have to be included, but it could've played well into the story Ye was performing.
People said all this about tlop as well and that album has aged so well. I think donda will be viewed the same way in 5 years.

People said all this about tlop as well and that album has aged so well. I think donda will be viewed the same way in 5 years.
TLOP was definitely a cohesive album w/ top tier pacing. That and LR are his best put together albums. Donda was put together amazingly at the 1st event and the 3rd version bolds well until it doesn't. From 1-9 it holds well together, but after that it's like"why is this song here?"

TLOP was definitely a cohesive album w/ top tier pacing. That and LR are his best put together albums. Donda was put together amazingly at the 1st event and the 3rd version bolds well until it doesn't. From 1-9 it holds well together, but after that it's like"why is this song here?"
yeezus is his best sequenced, paced and produced album but I know some folks still don’t understand/like that album so they discredit it. I remember every review and fan saying tlop was an unorganized mess that has some great songs just wasn’t a cohesive project.

yeezus is his best sequenced, paced and produced album but I know some folks still don’t understand/like that album so they discredit it. I remember every review and fan saying tlop was an unorganized mess that has some great songs just wasn’t a cohesive project.
I think the backlash Yeezus gets from some ppl is solely b/c of how its sequenced. Had he started it off w/ "New Slaves" or "Blood on the Leaves" ppl would have it right up there w/ MDTF, and TLOP was unorganized when he played at that Yeezy Season fashion show b/c he was still working on it, but it still came together perfectly bipolar.

I think the backlash Yeezus gets from some ppl is solely b/c of how its sequenced. Had he started it off w/ "New Slaves" or "Blood on the Leaves" ppl would have it right up there w/ MDTF, and TLOP was unorganized when he played at that Yeezy Season fashion show b/c he was still working on it, but it still came together perfectly bipolar.
on sight was the perfect intro to yeezus. Let you know instantly it was gonna be a completely different vibe from the perfection of dark fantasy. Yeezus still his best album to me. Not many artist in any genre would do a sonically radical departure from one of the best reviewed albums of all time

Last edited:
I also typically on listen to projects as whole as well. Due to that, I've kind of gotten over how all over the place and careless the track placement is.

I do believe if left to it with no pressure (with proclaimed deadlines, drops from the opp) Ye would probably still be tinkering with the album. But i also think without the pressure we have the potential of it being scrapped (good *** job, yandi, turbo grafx).

Crazy how he sampled Dmx hangin wit his daughter and it sounds dope on the beat
Ye's vocal sample game is off the chain.

First of all Jesus Lord is some random *** IG live singing from Swizz.

Secondly the "Yeah" vocal sample on 24 is simple yet evokes a lot of emotion.

Then this X sample perfectly placed...man...

on sight was the perfect intro to yeezus. Let you know instantly it was gonna be a completely different vibe from the perfection of dark fantasy. Yeezus still his best album to me. Not many artist in any genre would do a sonically radical departure from one of the best reviewed albums of all time
"He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want...."

Ye's vocal sample game is off the chain.

First of all Jesus Lord is some random *** IG live singing from Swizz.

Secondly the "Yeah" vocal sample on 24 is simple yet evokes a lot of emotion.

Then this X sample perfectly placed...man...

jesus lord what? Woah if true where can I hear what he samples from

jesus lord what? Woah if true where can I hear what he samples from
Found the info on reddit but here's an article from another site with the vid.

At LP3 he played a version that was a full choir on that part, so the difference stuck out big time when I listened to the album. I actually think he mixes the full choir into the drop deeper into the song.

Back
Top Bottom