Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Look at yall defending the hip hop hippity rappers. They were terrible. Its fine, rap was new, no one had any idea what being good actually meant.

They had a falling out with MS after some controversy, right? I wonder if MS will scoop them up for the exclusive or if they’re going the multi-platform route.

MS chose not to pick the game up because of a toxix workplace issue there. I guess the lead developers were verbally harassing MS employees too

They had a falling out with MS after some controversy, right? I wonder if MS will scoop them up for the exclusive or if they’re going the multi-platform route.
I think the word was MS refused to fund their next project because of some major workplace conduct allegations

It’s being published by private division/take 2. It was a toxic work place so MS cut ties

Any routers you guys recommend? I recently moved and started using the previous modem/router I had and I’m getting no where near 500 mbps. Previously I was getting that when I used a different router. I figure at this point the only thing that’s the same is the router I’m using. Would be great if it’s a modem/router.

Anybody else pre-order the Harry Potter game, or am I the only nerd lol.
Being that it's a story based game, I'm waiting to see more reviews on it. If it was online based, I would have pre-ordered the highest version.

With that being said, I went to website everybody has been using to figure out which house fits their beliefs and got picked for Slytherin. I guess that will help me easily get into Slytherin once I finally get the game.

I think in a couple weeks, this Activision deal will be abandoned by MS.

Regulators are operating within a different playbook. Stuff I learned about in Industrial Organization classes but never really thought would be applied.

MS paying for the sins of all the other big tech mergers regulators regretted.

Wild that Sony's, Apple's, and Google's market power will all be protected as a result. Protecting incumbent market leaders out of fear that a company might become a market leader if fundamental structure of the market changes just seems like a wild position to take IMO.

Jim Ryan and biggie62 biggie62 win again :smh: :lol:

I think in a couple weeks, this Activision deal will be abandoned by MS.

Regulators are operating within a different playbook. Stuff I learned about in Industrial Organization classes but never really thought would be applied.

MS paying for the sins of all the other big tech mergers regulators regretted.

Wild that Sony's, Apple's, and Google's market power will all be protected as a result. Protecting incumbent market leaders out of fear that a company might become a market leader if fundamental structure of the market changes just seems like a wild position to take IMO.

Jim Ryan and biggie62 biggie62 win again :smh: :lol:

👀

You win famb :lol:

But in all seriousness, as an economist their logic against this deal doesn't make sense to me

I am just assuming they don't know the marketplace very, and political pressure and ideology has shift things in a way never before seen.

It is almost like they are telling MS they should get out of the console business. It is so weird

You win famb :lol:

But in all seriousness, as an economist their logic against this deal doesn't make sense to me

I am just assuming they don't know the marketplace very, and political pressure and ideology has shift things in a way never before seen.

It is almost like they are telling MS they should get out of the console business. It is so weird
After the next consoles I don’t think there will be anymore. Sony and Ms chips will be embedded into TVs anyway.

But I agree with the DOJ. A console manufacturer shouldn’t be able to acquire one of the big3 publishers under any circumstance. Just like you wouldn’t want Sony to make the same acquisition.

After the next consoles I don’t think there will be anymore. Sony and Ms chips will be embedded into TVs anyway.

But I agree with the DOJ. A console manufacturer shouldn’t be able to acquire one of the big3 publishers under any circumstance. Just like you wouldn’t want Sony to make the same acquisition.
The DOJ wasn't involved with this case, it was the FTC. And I disagree with their economic reasoning

What someone wants as a gamer and what is economically sound anticompetitive reasoning are two different things.

Like from the jump, them excluding Nintendo from the relevant market is weird. And the theory they are basing it on is not if the new AB/MS will have sufficient market power to hurt other companies or consumers. But that in the future, the market will change in a way that favors MS and the. They will be able to edge out Sony and other companies. That type of thinking has hardly been used before, and they pin this objection just on CoD.

If you are right and we have one co sole cycle left, that actually hurts the FTC argument. Since Sony is a TV manufacturer, and MS isn't.

I mean the FTC that worker welfare will be considered in their cases, then they ignore it for their biggest case.

On top of that the FTC been catching Ls in court since they been using this new framework

Like I don't really care if they kill the deal, but they should kill it for a economically sound reason. Protecting people that own a PlayStation or Sony TV in the distant future doesn't sound like one to me.

Last edited:
The deal is gonna die because the UK doesn't have a strong appeals process for decisions. So when the CMA (UK regulators) decides against them, MS has little recourse

If it did, I would think the deal is completed. FTC probably is gonna lose in court.

Last edited:
Doesn't effect me terribly but seems dumb that that's gonna end up being what happens. They were gonna still sell cod on all platforms weren't they?

Back
Top Bottom