:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

the second goal was also due to the defense falling asleep

the korean defender gambled weakly for a steal and paid for it

south korea had at least 2 chances where they found themselves 1 on 1 vs the goalie and choked

both teams have a shaky defense and midfield but uruguay has better finishers

%%%!%$@ korea. they had this game. they need to step up their damn %%%!%$@ defense
smh.gif

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by bkmac

So, I have work tomorrow afternoon, the same time Ghana/USA will be on. I can watch parts of the game at the pizzeria next door to where I work, but I can only go in there so many times. I can easily follow the entire game on my phone through updates, but that's not the same as watching it live.

Is there anyway to watch a stream of sorts through my Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon, if that matters)? Does ESPN3.com in 'browser' work?

Thanks.
yeah if you download vcast then you can go to videos...live stream
pimp.gif
     $10
I just realized the Curve 8330 for Verizon doesn't support VCast
mad.gif

Should I try ESPN3.com through 'browser', or am I +@%% out of luck?

Originally Posted by BangDak

%%%!%$@ korea. they had this game. they need to step up their damn %%%!%$@ defense
smh.gif
QFT.

From Day 1 our goalie has been trash and our defenders should step it up a little
but this game could have been won.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Uruguay let in its first goal of the tournament today, and it was sort of a crap goal. Definitely wouldn't call their defense shaky. 

To those who keep defending that awful ball and saying "there's nothing wrong with it", here's a story for you: Even FIFA is starting to admit that there are issues with the ball:

http://www.theglobeandmai...ticle1619500/?cmpid=rss1

Anyone who said that there is nothing wrong with this ball is a noob and obviously hasn't watched soccer for long to see enough behavior patterns of a normal ball to compare them with the borderline trans-atlantic flights this ball has. If a soccer ball that is used in the best leagues in the world (such as Champions League) is 100 and the cheapest plastic ball you can find in a supermarket is 1, then the ball in this World Cup is around 70.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Uruguay let in its first goal of the tournament today, and it was sort of a crap goal. Definitely wouldn't call their defense shaky. 
france, south africa, mexico, and s. korea

stopping those offensive juggernauts must have been tough

That's not Uruguay's problem. They stopped who was put in front of them and in a World Cup. They get props.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

france, south africa, mexico, and s. korea

stopping those offensive juggernauts must have been tough
Uruguay's defence deserve credit. Along with Portugal, they've looked comfortable defending in every single match so far. South Korea troubled Uruguay's defence for about 20-minutes in the 2nd half today but otherwise Uruguay's defence has been great. It's not just about not allowing goals, but its also about how comfortable they've been. Uruguay and Portugal have barely allowed any good shots on their keepers so far. As a comparison, look at Argentina's defence. Yeah, they've only conceded 1 goal but Nigeria had some great chances, Korea troubled them in the 2nd half, and Georgio Samaras single-handedly caused nightmares for Demichillis and Burdisso. Brazil have conceded just 2 goals but the Asian Rooney troubled Lucio and Juan by himself and the Ivory Coast had several chances to score in the final 20 minutes of the match. Yesterday Portugal broke down Brazil's defence several times but Julio Cesar made some good saves. So when comparing team's defences, we should also consider how comfortable each team has been when defending. Uruguay may not have played any offensive juggernauts yet but you cant take anything away from their defence. Compare Uruguay to superior teams like Argentina, Brazil, Spain etc who have all had moments of defensive lapses so far in this tournament.

BTW, in the unlikely event that Uruguay make it to the finals, Diego Forlan is worthy of being considered a Golden Ball candidate. Dude has been playing out of his mind this tournament so far. It took a while but Suarez finally found his scoring boots. He should've had 5 goals by now but he's heated up at the right time for Uruguay. Today's performance will only increase the interest of big European clubs.

Right now I'd say the best attacking performers have been Forlan, Messi, and Villa.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

To those who keep defending that awful ball and saying "there's nothing wrong with it", here's a story for you: Even FIFA is starting to admit that there are issues with the ball:

http://www.theglobeandmai...ticle1619500/?cmpid=rss1

Anyone who said that there is nothing wrong with this ball is a noob and obviously hasn't watched soccer for long to see enough behavior patterns of a normal ball to compare them with the borderline trans-atlantic flights this ball has. If a soccer ball that is used in the best leagues in the world (such as Champions League) is 100 and the cheapest plastic ball you can find in a supermarket is 1, then the ball in this World Cup is around 70.
Everyone is playing with the same ball and that means that there's an even playing field. Whether they play with a beach ball, a rock, or a voleyball shouldn't matter. 
There is always room for improvement. Every ball that FIFA has sanctioned can have complaints levied against it. It's a moot argument.

Do you know what poor kids in Brazil start out playing with? They turn out to some good players, no? Maybe not having the best ball will force more teams into being technically sound.
laugh.gif

Goddamnit US. I'm not even a fan of the team and this @*%$ pisses me off.

Early goal against England. Early goal against Slovenia. Lucky Algeria hit the bar early, and now early goal to Ghana.

You can't keep shooting yourself in the foot like this if you want to advance.

Of course i'd be happy for the USA team to advance...but i cant front and act like that wasnt a nice goal. Props to prince, a very composed shot from that distance with defenders running towards him.
pimp.gif

Im just hopin for a good game either way, so id like to see the US even this up asap.

Back
Top Bottom